Sign in to follow this  
Valtorious

Does your aim seem to stink?

Hey everyone.  Sorry if this info is already out there, but I wanted to say something just in case.  If you have been in melee and taken a hit...even if you aren't bleeding or are healthy and have no fracture warnings....you still might have a small fracture the game hasn't alerted you.  If you have a scoped weapon and notice that your aim is very wobbly even when you have full breath and are otherwise healthy, try crafting a splint or using morphine.  I have an AK 101 with a PSO scope and a bipod, and when I did this my aim went from a bit of wandering to very steady. 

Yeah, I think your limbs have their own health values so to speak, so they can be damaged even if it says 'healthy' in your inv. 

Damaged limbs effect your aim so using morphine or splints on yourself after you've been scrapping helps.

Yeah, I think your limbs have their own health values so to speak, so they can be damaged even if it says 'healthy' in your inv. 

Damaged limbs effect your aim so using morphine or splints on yourself after you've been scrapping helps.

Yes, they do. You should get "my arm/leg hurts" etc. notifications in the bottom-left.

I think there should be some kind of status notifier in the inventory to make it clear how damaged your limbs are TBH. It's kind of hard to forget that your "arm is extremely painful" in real life.

Edited by Mos1ey
  • Like 2

Yes, they do. You should get "my arm/leg hurts" etc. notifications in the bottom-left.

I think there should be some kind of status notifier in the inventory to make it clear how damaged your limbs are TBH. It's kind of hard to forget that your "arm is extremely painful" in real life.

True, we're getting a bit Fallout 3 now hehe, could have a bit of a pip-boy style character icon with limb indicators or if that's too RPG and not anti-game enough it could just be a textual indication in the inventory?

LOL this! Everything about the way you feel should be reported in the Inv screen, you shouldn't have to wait for a message to show in game.

LOL this! Everything about the way you feel should be reported in the Inv screen, you shouldn't have to wait for a message to show in game.

In the past, I have gotten a notification.  I think it said "my leg hurts" when it was a minor fracture and a more extreme message when I had a true break or fracture.  A true break or fracture will also show next to your body in your inventory screen. 

However, the injury I am describing never showed up in the bottom left dialogue or on the inventory screen.  Maybe it's a sprain, I don't know.  Regardless, until the notification system is totally fixed, randomly check your aim after melee combat in a fully rested state (not out of breath).  If you see a lot of wobble, craft a splint and use it just to be sure. 

• Like 1

This is why I forage sticks or chop down bushes for sticks and tear up all tshirts I find into rags so I can make splints at any time. Sometimes if I'm not sure I'll splint myself. It does seem odd though that you can add 5 splints to yourself and nothing shows up on you, you don't even know where your splints go. It would be interesting if you had to choose *what* to splint (arm, leg) and that you eventually had to remove the splint after getting healthy or risk negative effects. That might be overboard though.

This is why I forage sticks or chop down bushes for sticks and tear up all tshirts I find into rags so I can make splints at any time. Sometimes if I'm not sure I'll splint myself. It does seem odd though that you can add 5 splints to yourself and nothing shows up on you, you don't even know where your splints go. It would be interesting if you had to choose *what* to splint (arm, leg) and that you eventually had to remove the splint after getting healthy or risk negative effects. That might be overboard though.

It would be nice if a splint let you move faster, but not full speed.  Leave it on for 30m to an hour to fully heal a fracture.  Then have morphine + splint let you move at full speed, or morphine only to let you move for some time, but not heal the fracture.

Yes, there is a problem with undocumented fractures. If your sway is unusually wobbly, chances are your arm is broken and the game doesn't tell you.

Just another item to add to the list of things that probably won't be fixed for months!