hellzbro

first encounter with a hacker

we were in novo and had our first try holding up people, we made 2 people fight to the death without guns, and just as we were awarding the victor with a magnum and bullets, then we were found by a hacker. he ran up to our group of 3 and we couldnt draw out any weapons. only one of us lost our gear. whats your experience with hackers?

You are very lucky that this has happened only once to you. In my experience, I only see them on full servers and I would say about twice a week I have been killed by them. ESP seems to be the most common hack.

Love the game, having a lot of fun still, but furious about the scum bag hackers.

Hacks, hacks, everywhere there's hacks!

In the shacks there's hacks!

In the packs there's hacks!

Is a hack over here?

Is a hack over there?

I saw a hack in a bear in a snare!

Come little hack,

Have a little snack,

And leave these poor quacks alone.

• Like 1

It's funny and at the same time sad that rocket at PAX claimed that hacking "is much less prevalent" in SA than in a mod. Dean obviously never went to Berezino in a full server (FR, UK, some german or Crazy Russia). There are like 20-30 full servers (at least), and whichever you join, you will find at least one hacker there and not counting half full servers, were those hackers just go looting all over the map and you are not sure you got killed legit or not at some military base or something. It is not that many people have hacks, it is that even 10 people with hacks on 10 different servers can really break the gameplay. And I am pretty sure it is not 10 people or else the hacks would be cheaper if not free at all. People pay for that shit, so there is demand and the price stays high.

Edited by MaxRain

just ran into the hackers on another server, he could see me from around 300m away from a wall xD, they must get some thrills killing people defenceless, i understand maybe killing fresh spawns, but when they can instant kill you, whats the fun in that lol.

Just an FYI from the status report.They are working diligently to stop hackers. I for see in the next patch to be a dramatic decrease in hacker activity. One last point, I disagree people are hacking, they are simply cheating. Hacking is for the person who wrote the hack. Lol

Additionally, the programming and design teams have been working together to investigate and resolve several key cheating and bug abuse methods including but not limited to:

• Server/Character force re-initialization
  • Rapid micro player location updates (slide/glide teleporting)

Awesome. This brings promising news. I'm very happy that they will try to stop hacking non in the Alpha. It's kind of a favor to us in a way because the final build will be so different anyways. But I guess they realized the the hacking is bad enough to have very negative effects.

Hats off to Bohemia for addressing it. Can't wait to see less hacking during the game.