Johnnyboy3032

game not working

I can't open the game ! I downloaded it through Steam, then when I click play it says DayZ has stopped working. I have googled the issue and tried everything that was suggested (re-download/install, update drivers, check cache, open as admin, open in windowed mode, re-installed direct-x, turn vertical refresh off, disable desktop composition..etc 

Also, my computer meets all the requirements and still nothing is working. I don't have much money and I have paid to have this game and it won't even open. What should I do ?

Windows 7 64bits

Radeon x1950

4 gig ram

Edited by Johnnyboy3032

I really don't know what to add, have you set Steam & DayZ as exceptions in you firewall ?

Try (not recommended) turning off your Anti-Virus.

What CPU do you have ?

I can't open the game ! I downloaded it through Steam, then when I click play it says DayZ has stopped working. I have googled the issue and tried everything that was suggested (re-download/install, update drivers, check cache, open as admin, open in windowed mode, re-installed direct-x, turn vertical refresh off, disable desktop composition..etc 

Also, my computer meets all the requirements and still nothing is working. I don't have much money and I have paid to have this game and it won't even open. What should I do ?

Windows 7 64bits

Radeon x1950

4 gig ram

Do you have another computer in the house you could try it on? That one seems pretty weak,but I still think it would run it but you never know. try it on a different computer or at a friends house or something.

Are you able to run other intensive games (e.g. Arma, Planetside 2)?

Do you have another computer in the house you could try it on? That one seems pretty weak,but I still think it would run it but you never know. try it on a different computer or at a friends house or something.

I have an old cheap laptop, not sure it would be able to run the game, but I can try

Are you able to run other intensive games (e.g. Arma, Planetside 2)?

I'm not a huge gamer, but I do run L4D2, Arkham City, DreadOut, Among the Sleep without lags or any problems.

I have an old cheap laptop, not sure it would be able to run the game, but I can try

well if its worse then your current one don't even bother, maybe try using a friends computer

Edited by d.walker43

well if its worse then your current one don't even bother, maybe try using a friends computer

If i'm able to run it on a friends computer, will there be a way for me to figure out the problem with my computer ? I'd like to play this game from home and not have to go somewhere else.

If i'm able to run it on a friends computer, will there be a way for me to figure out the problem with my computer ? I'd like to play this game from home and not have to go somewhere else.

not really. i was suggesting this more so that u could compare specs, and see if ur computer is simply not powerful enough.