U.G.N - Jedi Panda

A few suggestions...

Hey all, and hey Devs :)

A couple of things I'd like to see in DayZ...

1) Different tents, i.e. food tents, medical tents, ammo tents, gun tents, etc. Tents that you can see just by looking at it that it is a medical tent for e.g. At the moment its hard to remember what tent has what, we do have around 20 tents at our camp... lol :)

2) A large marquee type tent, call it a military tent if you like, something that can hold more than the standard small tents. Make the tent fairly large, large enough so that you must think hard where to put it as it will stand out like a sore thumb in an open area.

3) Fishing. I would like to see fishing be made a way of getting food. You would need to carry a fishing rod/equipment with you. It would be nice to be able to fish for food and have to cook it the same way as raw meat.

4) Outfits. More customiseable clothing. I know the new patch is going to introduce waterproofs so I wont go on too much about this. Although it would be nice to have a larger selection of civilian clothing, at the moment its very very hard to distinguish between friends and foe.

5) Custom face paint. Id like to see custom face painting where you could edit the characters face and paint it any colours you want. This will aid in distinguishing friend or foe.

6) Trip wire. Id like to see trip wire in the game, for e.g. you could pair trip with with a smoke/frag grenade. So you could set the wire across an entrance to your camp, and if someone trips it (friend or foe) it sets the grenade off.

7) Streams. Id like to see some water streams in the map. It would look nice and add some variation to the map. You could also go fishing for food in the streams :)

8) No server hopping. Items which you accuire on one server should only be used on that server. If you play on a nother server you should start from scratch.

9) No disconnecting whilst in a fire fight. ATM people disconnect at the first sign of trouble, reconnect on a different server, move position, then reconnect on the original server in the new location and have an extrememly unfair advantage. I.e. they just teleported to a new location.

10) Animals. I would like to see more of them. Rather than just one cow in a field, how about a herd of cows, like 20 cows would be good :)

Feel free to post comments and suggestions :) Heres to hoping the developers read this :heart:

Most if not all of these have already been suggested by numerous persons.

well great minds think a like :) lets hope the Devs take these points on board :D

:heart:

+1

YEa wouldnt mind seeing a marquee introduced, i was thinking similiar to some of the camouflaged netting ones ye see dotted about already

well great minds think a like :) lets hope the Devs take these points on board :D

:heart:

I think his point was that you should follow the forum rules and post these thoughts as replies to their original thread. It keeps conversations coherent, and probably makes it easier for devs to consider ideas, as there is one centralized locale where they track community interest on change suggestions.

Just hit up the search bar at the bottom of the page and type in some general keywords. I've had quite a few ideas that, turns out, are a couple months old on here. Nothing to get down on yourself about, just keep an eye open for existing threads.

10) Animals. I would like to see more of them. Rather than just one cow in a field' date=' how about a herd of cows, like 20 cows would be good :)

[/quote']

This would DESTROY game balance, as all it would take is a herd of cows to feed a fairly large group of people for the week. Why bother scavenging? Just pretend that one of the things that happened during the course of the outbreak is that a ton of animals were slaughtered, so only a few remain here and there as a lucky find for the survivor to stumble upon.