Sign in to follow this  
mazymodz

MICH 2000 Helmet Cover

So I'm getting a bit tired of the standard green/ black Ballistic helmet cover and I'd like some more customization options.

Pretty much every military nowadays has camouflage on its helmets that fit their uniform. 

The camouflage is a piece of Fabric on top of the helmet (Helmet Cover). 

I'd like to see this in DayZ.

To do this in DayZ the helmet need to be in a separate container in the inventory. And in there you could attach the helmet cover, like how you can fit a combat knife in Military boots or fishing equipment in a boonie hat.

The helmet cover could be made in diffrent ways.

1. Find a helmet cover. (Colors: Multicam, TTsKo, Woodland, ACU etc.)

2. Craft once by cutting a jacket or pants to a Helmet cover. (This will remove the pants/ Jacket.)

3. Attach A boonie hat to the helmet.

• Like 5

So I'm getting a bit tired of the standard green/ black Ballistic helmet cover and I'd like some more customization options.

Pretty much every military nowadays has camouflage on its helmets that fit their uniform. 

The camouflage is a piece of Fabric on top of the helmet (Helmet Cover). 

I'd like to see this in DayZ.

To do this in DayZ the helmet need to be in a separate container in the inventory. And in there you could attach the helmet cover, like how you can fit a combat knife in Military boots or fishing equipment in a boonie hat.

The helmet cover could be made in diffrent ways.

1. Find a helmet cover. (Colors: Multicam, TTsKo, Woodland, ACU etc.)

2. Craft once by cutting a jacket or pants to a Helmet cover. (This will remove the pants/ Jacket.)

3. Attach A boonie hat to the helmet.

good, but too military-like. remember these are average civilians.

good, but too military-like. remember these are average civilians.

Average civilians? Where is this stated? You don't need special military training to slip on a helmet cover.

Average civilians? Where is this stated? You don't need special military training to slip on a helmet cover.

I understand. But remember that military helmets should be extremely uncommon to begin with. and covers should be even rarer. There is too much military loot as it is, there should be far more people wearing baseball and cowboy hats then using ballistic helmets and military-grade riot equipment. Id be fine if this was implemented, but I just don't see the usefulness of it.

I understand. But remember that military helmets should be extremely uncommon to begin with. and covers should be even rarer. There is too much military loot as it is, there should be far more people wearing baseball and cowboy hats then using ballistic helmets and military-grade riot equipment. Id be fine if this was implemented, but I just don't see the usefulness of it.

Helmet covers are standard. Its not special forces equipment. If players don't want to look like a cowboy or civilian then it should be their choice. They shouldn't be forced to look like a fedora wearing hipster because apparently a common and sturdy item with police and military forces would just disappear in a zombie crisis.

• Like 3

It should be noted as well that in some element of US military training, receiving a helmet cover was a rite of passage at an entry level of training. They are required equipment for deploying forces and hence why you see so few "naked" helmets in stock photos of military forces overseas.

Helmet covers are standard. Its not special forces equipment. If players don't want to look like a cowboy or civilian then it should be their choice. They shouldn't be forced to look like a fedora wearing hipster because apparently a common and sturdy item with police and military forces would just disappear in a zombie crisis.

Yes, your right, but remember that everyone would try to get the military stuff right away. And, this is probably several years after the apocalypse began. The military would still have tried to combat the zombies in the beginning stages, so they would obviously be using their own equipment. Also, think for a minute. Where have you ever seen a military helmet cover in real life? probably not very often (unless you serve in armed forces). They wouldn't magically be everywhere once the military fell apart. Also, we all know that if military items are extremely common then this would just turn into Arma with some zombies scattered around. It would be what happened to DayZ mod all over again.

Yes, your right, but remember that everyone would try to get the military stuff right away. And, this is probably several years after the apocalypse began. The military would still have tried to combat the zombies in the beginning stages, so they would obviously be using their own equipment. Also, think for a minute. Where have you ever seen a military helmet cover in real life? probably not very often (unless you serve in armed forces). They wouldn't magically be everywhere once the military fell apart. Also, we all know that if military items are extremely common then this would just turn into Arma with some zombies scattered around. It would be what happened to DayZ mod all over again.

I happen to be in the military. In fact I am currently in Afghanistan and in my six years I have never been issued or seen a helmet in use without a cover outside of basic. Once they are on, it is very hard to detach as they feed into the harness straps. Improvised ones can be made out of cutting out the back section of a uniform jacket if needed. Even after the military and police fell to zombies the helmets would still be around. Its not like the zombies could eat them or destroy them with their hands.

Your notion that everyone will take these helmets is false. I have engaged groups at NWAF and Balota that wear different headgear such as boonies or cowboy hats and my group sticks to Chernorussian berets and bandana wraps or painted pilot helmets if we can find enough for identification purposes. Head gear of all types should be massive amounts and perhaps spawn in piles so groups can use them as uniforms.

this would just turn into Arma with some zombies scattered around. It would be what happened to DayZ mod all over again.

I don't know if you've played the standalone recently, but develloper word has said zombies aren't the focus of gameplay in DayZ.

This is Arma with a system of feeding your character while shooting at people who are largely unarmed in comparison to yourself while seeing zombies once in a while.

What are you talking about? Military dissapeared, people ran, died and helmets was lost somewhere from the military complexes to cities rarely. And in zombie apocalypse pretty much everyone's target would be police abd military complexes cause weapons is weapons. And covered helmets? Hmmm take a god damn transparent duck taoe and put some sticks and grass on your helmet. Here u have a cover. U don't need to be a genius to or a soldier to think about it.

I happen to be in the military. In fact I am currently in Afghanistan and in my six years I have never been issued or seen a helmet in use without a cover outside of basic. Once they are on, it is very hard to detach as they feed into the harness straps. Improvised ones can be made out of cutting out the back section of a uniform jacket if needed. Even after the military and police fell to zombies the helmets would still be around. Its not like the zombies could eat them or destroy them with their hands.

Your notion that everyone will take these helmets is false. I have engaged groups at NWAF and Balota that wear different headgear such as boonies or cowboy hats and my group sticks to Chernorussian berets and bandana wraps or painted pilot helmets if we can find enough for identification purposes. Head gear of all types should be massive amounts and perhaps spawn in piles so groups can use them as uniforms.

Alright. Fair enough. :)

They also wouldn't magically disappear. Once society had failed there would be stuff everywhere, including military gear. I mean, you can work under the assumption that the players on the map are the only canonical survivors in that server, so everyone else in that region would've died, not just run off with all of the stuff.

There's no clear indication of how far in the future the game takes place. There's quite a bit of destruction, but a lot of the urban areas look relatively fine, some roads look newly paved, and then of course there's imported fresh fruit just sitting around.

I don't think anyone's asking for military (or better, high-end, because military is just a derogatory term, even though gear used by regular people could still be just as effective, if not superior.) stuff to be extremely common, it's just an idea that helmet covers to provide camouflage for the already-existing helmets is a viable option.

That, and a large variety of military gear doesn't have to mean the spawn rates go up.

Lol gribble are you a fobbit? "Helmet Cover Expert"

Edited by IronCross

yes please, definitely should be craftable from already existing jackets and rope.

It was stated a while ago in a live stream pre alpha that they had changed the weapon holding animations etc to be more like those of an amateur and not someone with military training.

It was stated a while ago in a live stream pre alpha that they had changed the weapon holding animations etc to be more like those of an amateur and not someone with military training.

I don't think "Average civilians" could set up an IV,install a new hand guard Assembly on an M4 or AK pattern weapon, or mend clothing to the skill they do in game. Lets not forget soon our personas will be maintaining vehicle engines and piloting aircraft.

• Like 1

There really isn't an excuse for not having helmet covers. Besides, the MICH helmets look *awful* without them.

Right - also other military clothes should come in a greater variety of patterns. Sure, military equipment should be rare (way rarer than it is now) but it doesn't mean it shouldn't be diverse if you manage to find it. Though equipment an patterns should depend on where you find it - for example MICH helmets, DPM camo, MultiCam etc. would be crash site loot while Gorka helmets, patterns etc. would be find in military areas (depending on which forecs used them).

I don't know if you've played the standalone recently, but develloper word has said zombies aren't the focus of gameplay in DayZ.

This is Arma with a system of feeding your character while shooting at people who are largely unarmed in comparison to yourself while seeing zombies once in a while.

Actually, it isn't. The focus is on making a zombie survival game, with zombies becoming much more of a focus and threat once the new engine is complete.