Kra

Remove 'Respawn'

Now obviously the mod isn't far enough through development for this kind of change to be implemented (wouldn't want someone stuck unable to move in order to suicide with an in game method) but I feel this should be considered at some point.

I honestly feel that there would be alot more interesting encounters if people weren't able to suicide with just one click.

As for those who use respawn to get closer to their death point, or teammates, I say; suck it up princess. As a team, earn a car and get your mates to pick you up, or find one of the dozens of bicycles scattered along the coastline.

Yes.

Undoubtedly, yes.

Maybe.

Defenently, maybe.

man it takes over a half hour to meet up with someone without respawning ! I dont have much time to play and anyway the beach is the most dangerous place for newbies to wander !

what if you are playing and get stuck in a area you cant get out of.

then what?

you will have 1 character that is stuck and you cant play the game anymore

What about when your in the middle of nowhere with no morphine and you break a leg. I'd just not play the game if you couldn't repsawn. Fuck that am I crawling for a couple hours to find something to kill me.

since you only have one character i think that the respawn feature need to stay

exactly ! though i think he says that then that's OK Mike_France.

but still respawn gets you out of tricky situations and cannot have it out of the game.

well for this reason we need to have the re spawn feature, we wont remove it because someone is trying to get to a certain point faster. it does no harm to anyone and is used for other types of situations.

I too use the respawn method to get back to the team, and have spent probably 20mins respawning and more trying to get a 'good' spawn. If in each of those times I just sprinted full speed back toward the team, probably would of taken less time.

So many benefits, people are forced to explore more, death is even more feared due to unability to regroup just name a couple.

what if you are playing and get stuck in a area you cant get out of.

then what?

you will have 1 character that is stuck and you cant play the game anymore

You know you can die from starvation right?

The way I see it this game is about survival and consequences from the choices you make, not about how fast you can gear up.

Being stuck somewhere because you made a silly decision and having to wait to starve to death should have some kind of emotional impact. Maybe you won't be so quick to get yourself in that situation.

How come u didn't die sprinting back ? i died many a time trying to do that XD .

No, the respawn must stay. It rids the game of lots of unnecessary running

It might make more sense to only allow one respawn button press per hour.

This would still allow stuck players to suicide but deter players from repeatedly pressing the respawn button in an attempt to gain a better spawn location.

How come u didn't die sprinting back ? i died many a time trying to do that XD .

No' date=' the respawn must stay. It rids the game of lots of unnecessary running

[/quote']

I don't agree with this at all. I think if you die and respawn on the other side of the map to your friends, that it is all part of the game, to try and survive by yourself until you regroup with your team mates. This is just my opinion though.

No' date=' the respawn must stay. It rids the game of lots of unnecessary running

[/quote']

I don't agree with this at all. I think if you die and respawn on the other side of the map to your friends, that it is all part of the game, to try and survive by yourself until you regroup with your team mates. This is just my opinion though.

...Or just find something to kill you. How is this better than respawning ? :)

I understand that its not realistic but it can make things a great deal easier for new players and people that get stuck.

I often use it to just get out of an inevitable death situation, like when a zombie sprints into me and breaks my legs in the middle of nowhere. I'm screwed then without morphine, which often requires a city visit to acquire.

Or when I'm prone and I turn and break my legs on a nearby object, or when walking through a door and my legs break...

Or if I'm on low blood and bleeding out without a bandage and nowhere near a town or city, or when I'm unarmed and I manage to alert a huge horde of zombies.

Or in these sorts of situations,

[attachment=1615]

With no ammo, broken legs, in a barn full of zombies.

Respawn should stay, the game is pretty unforgiving, and it gives people a way out to start fresh. Instead of making people just run into a group of zombies to die. Even when all of the bugs are gone (unlikely since the ArmA 2 engine is a mess), and the game is smoothed out, it will still be a very unforgiving game, and people, especially new people will get into some bad situations that aren't worth continuing with.

I'm ok with respawn, as long as its not spammable. On some servers the beaches around Kamenka etc. used to be full with dead bodies just because of respawn spammers, also I've noticed when many respawnspammers are underway servers tend to give me yellow/red chains.

Maybe limit the amount of times you can respawn within 5 minutes, like 3 respawns, that would suffice.

Hmm, okay I can accept that it is still needed.

Perhaps something along the line of putting a timer on it (click, wait 10-20 seconds then death) would also help those who have accidently respawned instead of clicking on the options menu. I know I've done it before.

That combined with limited respawns within a timeframe would be much more suitable. As it is at the moment, it's completely absurd being able to spam respawn.

I understand why it would be goo to remove and why it would be bad too.

Solution could be-- when you spawn in, you can't Hit Respawn till 5-10 mins later.

Again, I agree with the person who posted this would be something looked at later down the road.

And if you are thinking oh but it takes time to get to my friends..... Wait till DayZ uses makes much larger then this.