Unnamed354

[FREEWARE] DayZ Install Tool v1.6

Hopefully this can help out new players installing DayZ, because for some reason some people are still too dumb to install/update this themselves manually.

It's a good idea, nice work.

I still don't know how people are unable to successfully extract the files into the one specific folder without problems...

Would you be able to make this free open source?

Possibly' date=' I was atleast thinking I'd make every option configurable, so it would work for any ArmA II mod.

[/quote']

That would be awesome. The only reason I'm requesting this is so that others can possibly pull features they implement themselves, as well as modify it for personal use.

Updated again and added a "Play" button, so players won't have to modify their steam launch options anymore :D.

Another step removed.

Do you still have to download the mod from this website?....or does the updater download the mod and its updates...?

Worrom, nice work man. Worked like an absolute charm and the play button is a nice feature. Props.

Play button doesn't work for me :( i downloaded the tool 1.3 version and it correctly installed the files, but Play does nothing when clicked

ps: nevermind it works now! i would suggest you to add in the FAQ that if Play button doesn't work, you have to start the game at least once without it :P

Do I understand how this little program works.

You tell it to check for updates which then goes and grabs the most recent files of DayZ and places them into the download folder that DayZ was extracted to and that is it?

Every-time I use this it "freezes" on each rar file. After 10 minutes or so if I close the program and re-open, the program will progress onto the next rar file and freeze.

EDIT:

The "updater" corrupted my files. I had to re-download ever rar file manually. =(

Just checking' date=' this works for non-steam versions right?

[/quote']

Yes, you just won't be able to use the play button, you will have to add -mod @dayz to your target path.

I'm looking into making the play button work for non-steam installs as well.

Did you ever resolve the issue of having red "x"s when you launch the multiplayer server window? everything seems to work except that.

I'm not sure what causes that issue, all the servers show up with '?' for me, not 'x'

it works fine for non steam versions you just cant use the play button. awesome work my man. +1 for you

@NekoSteamBoy

do something like this: follow all instructions to what they say other than the changes listed below. (FYI I bought mine on amazon.com while it was 14.99 for the ARMA II: CO)

Process for non-steam version.

The updater settings should be changed so that ARMA II Folder:

C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\

exactly as above. Leave the download URL alone. dont change that.

Create a brand new shortcut on your desktop. put this as your target path:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2OA.exe" -noSplash -mod=@dayz

exactly as above. Name it something like DAYZ Mod

Can I use this patcher again to update my game to v1.5.8.1?

Thanks guys.

It just sits there for me not updating.

I'm having a problem with it myself. It seems to have downloaded the files fine, but its getting stuck when extracting dayz_v1.2.5.rar.

I'll try the force update button tomorrow, see if redownloading the files helps.

But up untill now this has worked perfectly, so thanks for the work that has gone into it so far :)

If it's sitting at 'Downloading dayz_anim_v0.1.rar' it's likey because the server is very slow right now.

You can check this by just downloading the file manually from the server here: http://cdn.armafiles.info/ - For me right now it says 20 mins remaining for the 32MB anim file.

This would be much more clear if this tool included an actual progress bar for downloads. Any chance you could add that in a future version Worrom?

@Johannes, I totally agree, normally download times aren't this long, but the mirrors are completely bogged down.

@Everyone else, the mirrors are heavily bogged down, so please be paitent, if you're having trouble at the extraction stage, please upgrade to v1.4 -- I had to allocate more memory to the program, the DayZ files got larger and the small footprint I gave it wasn't enough :)

A few suggestions that might be nice to have in future updates of this tool:

• Download progress bar/download speed indicator
  • Make the updater self updating
  • Show the current version of the Day Z Mod Updater somewhere, like in the title.
  • Make the text in the 'status' element non-editable.