4funz

bridge spawn thingie

Hello,

few days ago i lost my character to that spawn bug thingie (spawned next to the bridge with bunch of black ladies)

My question: is this still happening? i do not work this weekend and i would like to pay play a bit but i do not want if this is still happening.

Thank you :)

EDIT

For anyone else wondering the same:

Brian Hicks addressed this issue, as well as some other exploits/cheats, in his stream.

You can check it here: http://www.twitch.tv/dayz/b/568207539?t=99m57s

Edited by 4funz

i would like to pay a bit............

No Problem, i will will send you the datas of my bank account via PM :rolleyes: :D

Edited by lauda
  • Like 1

No Problem, i will will send you the datas of my bank account via PM :rolleyes: :D

haha

sorry, i am at work so had to register and make a post really fast so no one sees me :P

I am sure it's clear i meant "play" :)

I can't exactly "confirm" personally, but I believe so.

Why not just play regardless? If it happens, change servers.

The stable branch wipe is well on it's way anyway. It's not like you're getting out alive.

Hello,

few days ago i lost my character to that spawn bug thingie (spawned next to the bridge with bunch of black ladies)

My question: is this still happening? i do not work this weekend and i would like to pay play a bit but i do not want if this is still happening.

Yes it still happens because only recently are the devs aware of it and that it's even possible.

If you are on a full server, it's very likely to happen.

The last time I was in a full server, the hack happened in less than 10 minutes of me being there.

It's ridiculous how easy and rampant the hacks are to do in DayZ. They need to set the tone that hacks will not be tolerated like this in the final release. They should send an army of lawyers with their millions of dollars to the sites that sell these damn hacks.

Yes it still happens because only recently are the devs aware of it and that it's even possible.

If you are on a full server, it's very likely to happen.

The last time I was in a full server, the hack happened in less than 10 minutes of me being there.

It's ridiculous how easy and rampant the hacks are to do in DayZ. They need to set the tone that hacks will not be tolerated like this in the final release. They should send an army of lawyers with their millions of dollars to the sites that sell these damn hacks.

I think i saw somewhere that it's not a hack, but a bug? but when i spawned there was someone there throwing grenades...

how can this be an exploit? There is no console command or menu screen in our game where you can just type in a line of code to make the game spawn everyone as a naked bambi. It has to be impossible without altering something that is not supposed to be altered so it's a hack.

Please feel free to explain how a simple exploit can make all 40 people on a server respawn? An exploit is something like duping, or even using the stick that used to crash the server. Those are all accidents that people discovered and then used.

But forcing everyone on a server to respawn in the same exact place? Are you saying if you eat a cucumber the wrong way during a legit game of DayZ, this might force all 40 people to respawn as a naked bambi in the same place? Exploit my ass.

An exploit is the misusage of a feature to reach otherwise inaccessible function. A bug is an error in program code which makes that exploit possible. But it is not limited to software. A hack is the discovery of such bugs and the corresponding exploits. A hacker isn't necessarily the person who cracks the system. Please correct me, if I am wrong on any part.

But forcing everyone on a server to respawn in the same exact place? Are you saying if you eat a cucumber the wrong way during a legit game of DayZ, this might force all 40 people to respawn as a naked bambi in the same place? Exploit my ass.

you would be pretty surprised at the bugs ive seen in various games. that does't sound at all out of the realm of possibility...

in our minecraft server, there is a pair of flippers that if worn, cause anyone that looks at you to crash. the person wearing them is fine as long as they dont go in 3rd person. 

Hello,

Wait what?, you spawned in nice romantic bridge surrounded by not one but a BUNCH of fine looking ebony goddesses?!.

What's the problem again?  :D

• Like 1

Any updates on this issue?

It's a bug related to Server/Character initialization that's being exploited/forced by players. This re-initialization forces all players to respawn at the default spawn location (Vybor bridge). Devs are working on it as a top priority, whether it will be fixed by the weekend or not I don't know, I'd assume the fix would hit experimental first so you might want to try that if it hasn't been pushed to stable by that time.

Additionally, the programming and design teams have been working together to investigate and resolve several key cheating and bug abuse methods including but not limited to:

Server/Character force re-initialization

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/210614-status-report-week-of-08-sept-14/

Finally, as mentioned on twitter, the team has identified a bug with the game server that we’ve noticed being exploited on stable branch. This bug is related to character/server initialization, and is a top priority issue for us. - Brian Hicks / Producer

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/210231-status-report-week-of-01-september-14/
  • Like 1

Happened to me on tuesday, playing on a 40/40 HC server. Must be one hell of an exploit if its not in fact a hack. One guy had a guitar and a song ready to go, plus someone to run his char around pretty sure he was the hacker/exploiter. 

Just because people are taking advantage of it doesn't mean it's a hack.

It's likely similar to the splint crashing the server bug, where there's some specific thing(s) you have to do to trigger it.  People figure out what those things are, prepare in advance (stash duped grenades nearby/whatever), and then trigger it.

Hackers/cheaters are the most likely to take advantage of it, but it doesn't mean the cause itself is a hack.

Edited by Bororm

if you leave and rejoin the same server and get back to where you were before you got moved to the bridge your character is still there, it will look stripped but if you punch it all your gear pops back on

if you leave and rejoin the same server and get back to where you were before you got moved to the bridge your character is still there, it will look stripped but if you punch it all your gear pops back on

This is actually very good data. We've already tracked down what we believe to be the cause of the bug - but it was a good deal of investigation as the repro steps were unknown.

Will be interesting to see once stable gets updated if we nabbed the proper culprit. 

• Like 5

Happened to me on tuesday, playing on a 40/40 HC server. Must be one hell of an exploit if its not in fact a hack. One guy had a guitar and a song ready to go, plus someone to run his char around pretty sure he was the hacker/exploiter. 

Wow, that looks like WAAAAAY more than 40 people. Did it also duplicate some people too?

I'd assume the fix would hit experimental first so you might want to try that if it hasn't been pushed to stable by that time.

Thank you a lot for the info you posted.

I am afraid i do not have time to mess around on experimental. I would rather play on stable when i have time. But i do not want to lose all my gear in that way again :(

I will just lurk around every few days and if i do not find anything i will bump this thread :)

It's a bug related to Server/Character initialization that's being exploited/forced by players. This re-initialization forces all players to respawn at the default spawn location (Vybor bridge). Devs are working on it as a top priority, whether it will be fixed by the weekend or not I don't know, I'd assume the fix would hit experimental first so you might want to try that if it hasn't been pushed to stable by that time.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/210614-status-report-week-of-08-sept-14/

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/210231-status-report-week-of-01-september-14/

Thank you for posting the information. This is very nice to explain it. I appreciate it.

So does this mean that someone is just simply chosing a very basic menu choice such as respawn at a certain time? Or it's a certain charachter layout that they chose at any time that forces the respawn bug?

This is actually very good data. We've already tracked down what we believe to be the cause of the bug - but it was a good deal of investigation as the repro steps were unknown.

Will be interesting to see once stable gets updated if we nabbed the proper culprit. 

I don't really understand why it's hard to figure out the reproduction steps when so many random people are seemingly doing it.  Same with actual hacks and how they're some times denied at first.

Why not hire some one who's job it is to basically be one of these cheaters/exploiters/hackers so it's quicker to just reverse engineer what's actually going on?  Buy the latest hacks and see what they do, hang out on the forums or whatever where these people are sharing these exploits etc.  Seems like the team is often playing catch-up in some cases.

Same with the general attitude even by Rocket, in that PAX panel, saying he hasn't seen that many hackers and thinks its overblown.  Have some one on the team actually play the game like a large amount of the population plays, and go and spend the majority of their time in Berezino or around problem areas like the NEAF atc to see just how prevalent exploiting/glitching/hacking is.

Every time I see the devs stream they're off on a little adventure away from these major hot spots, which is fine don't get me wrong, but there just seems to be this disconnect between the way a lot of people actually play the game and how the devs/team play the game, which limits their actual interaction with this type of behavior and it would seem valuable to have a few people's who job it is to stay on top of this sorta stuff.

I don't really understand why it's hard to figure out the reproduction steps when so many random people are seemingly doing it.  Same with actual hacks and how they're some times denied at first.

Why not hire some one who's job it is to basically be one of these cheaters/exploiters/hackers so it's quicker to just reverse engineer what's actually going on?  Buy the latest hacks and see what they do, hang out on the forums or whatever where these people are sharing these exploits etc.  Seems like the team is often playing catch-up in some cases.

Same with the general attitude even by Rocket, in that PAX panel, saying he hasn't seen that many hackers and thinks its overblown.  Have some one on the team actually play the game like a large amount of the population plays, and go and spend the majority of their time in Berezino or around problem areas like the NEAF atc to see just how prevalent exploiting/glitching/hacking is.

Every time I see the devs stream they're off on a little adventure away from these major hot spots, which is fine don't get me wrong, but there just seems to be this disconnect between the way a lot of people actually play the game and how the devs/team play the game, which limits their actual interaction with this type of behavior and it would seem valuable to have a few people's who job it is to stay on top of this sorta stuff.

Not sure how many hours i have in SA, i think 100h or so. I never saw a cheater. I played 80% of that time on first person servers.

You will always have cheaters and exploiters.

What they need to do is to act quickly when something like this happens but some more common cheats will aways be there. No matter how much you patch it new ones will always come. Look at the example of counter stike GO, i am sure if someone knows how to stop cheaters then it should be valve, yet they also have problems with it. What they do is that they just update VAC so you can see sweaping bans every few weeks/months. And i think this will be only solution for dayz in the future also. You wont ever have dayz without cheaters, what you will have is large bans every few weeks when they are able to track current common cheats.

I also do not agree that they should dedicate too much man power into fixing as much cheating as possible. I would rather have them focus on adding more things into the game and deal with cheaters in the beta.

I would guess when game goes into beta price will go up also to about 30 euro or so, and when game goes out to 45 euro or so. Games with high price have much less cheaters just look at world of warcraft. i played it for thousands of hours (stopped few years ago) never saw a cheater. Why? Because no sane person wants to risk to waste 70-80 euros just to cheat. You will have few insane ones but after they get banned 1-2 times they will stop :) Also problem with games like CS GO is that you can buy it for 2 euro on sale..

tl;dr

Fix large issues like this spawning thing and dedicate rest of the man power into making the game better, like new render, new controls, new UI :)

I agree there will always be cheats but it is a huge problem right now, even if you haven't seen a hacker/cheater.  Go on any full server in the major hot spots and you're likely to run into multiple.

You may have never run into cheaters in WoW, neither did I, but it doesn't mean they weren't there.  A big difference there is they had active GMs which you could page and have the issue dealt with directly.  Duping was supposedly a big problem in WoW actually.  Account stealing was also an issue, but that's a bit of a different beast.  For the most part, an MMO like WoW prevents a lot of cheating you see in something like cs:go due to its server/client architecture.  DayZ is using a somewhat similar architecture, at least closer to an mmo than it is to something like CS.  The majority of the time hacks are brought up, the devs say it's a matter of closing "doors" that were left over in the transition.

Basically most of the hacks presumably can be fixed for good.  That's why I think it's valuable to be more on top of the latest hacks because if it's as they say, it's more a matter of stamping them out now and not having them come back.  Will new ones always pop up? Absolutely.  That doesn't mean they shouldn't focus on fixing the current ones.

They've even said themselves, that Battleeye and anti cheats are not a solution, it's fixing the loop holes to begin with that they need to be aiming for.

Also, I'm saying they should hire people to focus on this, so it wouldn't take away from development in other aspects, just like working on new items etc is an artist job, not a programmer job.  They seem to take an attitude similar to yours, that since you haven't seen hackers it's not that big of a deal.  That's the disconnect I'm talking about.  I'm not attacking your playstyle or theirs at all, but there's multiple ways to play DayZ, and there's a large group of players (I'd argue mostly veteran players) who approach the game very differently.  In that they actively play to pvp, they actively seek out these hot spots, and as a result they continually come into contact with these negative player behaviors.  Whether it be outright hacking or just exploiting.  So hire some one who's job it is to basically play as one of these shady characters, who stays on top of the latest exploits etc, so they aren't sitting around trying to reproduce an exploit that a bunch of people already know how to do.  It's not hard, I bet people would even volunteer for it, and not need to be paid.

You might say that's what we're all here for, except I see it often that bugs/exploits etc get reported and essentially ignored just due to the sheer volume of issues.  They need direct contact with a group of people to stay on top of this stuff.

I have got to say. This has to be the best bug ive ever heard of.

I agree there will always be cheats but it is a huge problem right now, even if you haven't seen a hacker/cheater.  Go on any full server in the major hot spots and you're likely to run into multiple.

You may have never run into cheaters in WoW, neither did I, but it doesn't mean they weren't there.  A big difference there is they had active GMs which you could page and have the issue dealt with directly.  Duping was supposedly a big problem in WoW actually.  Account stealing was also an issue, but that's a bit of a different beast.  For the most part, an MMO like WoW prevents a lot of cheating you see in something like cs:go due to its server/client architecture.  DayZ is using a somewhat similar architecture, at least closer to an mmo than it is to something like CS.  The majority of the time hacks are brought up, the devs say it's a matter of closing "doors" that were left over in the transition.

Basically most of the hacks presumably can be fixed for good.  That's why I think it's valuable to be more on top of the latest hacks because if it's as they say, it's more a matter of stamping them out now and not having them come back.  Will new ones always pop up? Absolutely.  That doesn't mean they shouldn't focus on fixing the current ones.

They've even said themselves, that Battleeye and anti cheats are not a solution, it's fixing the loop holes to begin with that they need to be aiming for.

Also, I'm saying they should hire people to focus on this, so it wouldn't take away from development in other aspects, just like working on new items etc is an artist job, not a programmer job.  They seem to take an attitude similar to yours, that since you haven't seen hackers it's not that big of a deal.  That's the disconnect I'm talking about.  I'm not attacking your playstyle or theirs at all, but there's multiple ways to play DayZ, and there's a large group of players (I'd argue mostly veteran players) who approach the game very differently.  In that they actively play to pvp, they actively seek out these hot spots, and as a result they continually come into contact with these negative player behaviors.  Whether it be outright hacking or just exploiting.  So hire some one who's job it is to basically play as one of these shady characters, who stays on top of the latest exploits etc, so they aren't sitting around trying to reproduce an exploit that a bunch of people already know how to do.  It's not hard, I bet people would even volunteer for it, and not need to be paid.

You might say that's what we're all here for, except I see it often that bugs/exploits etc get reported and essentially ignored just due to the sheer volume of issues.  They need direct contact with a group of people to stay on top of this stuff.

What you said this time makes much more sense.

If they have resources to get a team or even 1 person who will be dedicated to fixing cheating holes that would be cool, i just do not want development slowed down by that, as that is something they can fix down the road. Also did some reading on the cheating and everyone said there are much less cheaters on HC servers.

As for my play style: when i play alone i play very safe. When i play with a friend we gear up and we go out looking for trouble in large cities.

While i never saw a cheater i was killed few times by people ghosting (or how ever you call it when they switch the server to get behind your back)..

Imagine how it feels when you have 1h fight.. 2 vs about 10.. you kill like 3 of them and you die in that way.. i lost will to play the game for like 5 days....

Edited by 4funz