Sign in to follow this  
Bonappetit

Your thoughts on the newest implementations

You obviously don't live in the Midwest of U.S. In September we can wake up with it being below freezing and have it high 70s - low 80s that same day. Going the opposite direction is even more likely where you have a warm over night into a hot afternoon and then snow that night. It all depends on where the jet stream decides to swing. 

So Minnesota where I currently live:

Think about it going from 20 degrees to 70 degrees or the other way around in under a half hour. I know in the Spring and Fall in Minnesota I dress in layers and always carry spare clothing in the car if going anywhere. If it's cool I bring shorts and wear a t-shirt under my other shirts. If it warm I bring pants and a light jacket/hoody or sweater along. You have to or you end up sick when the weather suddenly changes and you are sweating/freezing.

Surprisingly not everyone lives in 'murica, but for 16 years of my life I lived in eastern Europe so I might have a better idea of what autumn looks like there than you do. Early autumn can be chilly but frost is rare, weather is more stable and extreme changes of temperature over short period if time do not happen often. 

Which is why I said that in early autumn a hoodie will be enough 9/10 time. Later on you will have to get something warmer as it will get cold especially in mornings, and - 20 *C is nothing unusual during winter.

So hold your horses we're not in minsota the land of the free and home of the sudden temperature changes. 

Edited by General Zod

I have never needed a t-shirt and a wool coat on the same day in exp so far. The only reason I'd make that drastic a change is if I'm specifically trying to quickly swing my body temperature from too cold to warm or the opposite. In fact, I haven't needed a wool coat yet at all, it just hasn't been cold enough. The only times my guy has been comfortable in a wool coat has been due to specific environmental changes like my being at the top of a radio tower on a mountain. All other times it seems to lead to pretty quick heating. Once we have a night or cold weather the wool coat may be useful in the same "game day" as a t-shirt but so far no such drastic change is needed. Checkered shirts/tactical shirts and the like seem to be good for most situations during the day unless you're at extremes of altitude or, theoretically, weather. You may also try removing gloves/hats or other gear to help regulate your temperature without changing shirts/pants.

Edited by Ebrim

I think its increasingly funny and interesting to see how the gamers react to Dayz getting more and more like a proper antigame.

Not to mention that addition of over heating from running  in a game where the only mean of travel is running  

Ummmm - walking

Surprisingly not everyone lives in 'murica, but for 16 years of my life I lived in eastern Europe so I might have a better idea of what autumn looks like there than you do. Early autumn can be chilly but frost is rare, weather is more stable and extreme changes of temperature over short period if time do not happen often. 

Which is why I said that in early autumn a hoodie will be enough 9/10 time. Later on you will have to get something warmer as it will get cold especially in mornings, and - 20 *C is nothing unusual during winter.

So hold your horses we're not in minsota the land of the free and home of the sudden temperature changes. 

In checking the weather just yesterday at the Chisnau Airport I can see it had a 30+ deg F swing. From 82 to 51. That is roughly the realistic world area Chernarus is supposed to exist. 

From Odessa, Ukraine I found a 2013 temperature chart:

temperature_temperature_f.png

On September 6th you will notice that it went from 70 degrees to 45 degrees in a day. You can overheat in the sun wearing warm clothing on a 70 degree day and have problems with hypothermia at 45 degrees if you don't have a coat. That is a location on the coast where the ocean temperature should help mellow out sudden changes some. 

• Like 1

Ummmm - walking

Yes and turning the game into walking simulator when travelling between towns takes ages. You will see big drop in player numbers if the travelling between locations take too long, people are already pissed off at amount of running in this game.

@up

I didn't say temperature drops do not happen, but they are rare. And I included chilly mornings, but for people who live in Europe 10*C is not that cold and they can wear hoodies in that weather. http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/6299776 Look at the weather here, looks like rather stable day night temperature.

Edited by General Zod

Yes and turning the game into walking simulator when travelling between towns takes ages. You will see big drop in player numbers if the travelling between locations take too long, people are already pissed off at amount of running in this game.

Bicycles and other vehicles will mitigate this tension. I also expect that when horticulture/stashing/barricading start coming into play, roaming as we currently have it won't be so much of a thing for a portion of the playerbase. I expect you'll have lone-wolf wanderers who take longer to get from place to place by foot, or perhaps slightly faster with rudimentary vehicles. You'll also have larger organized groups who use more advanced transportation for deliberate travel to some specific destination or task.

Edited by Ebrim

Bicycles and other vehicles will mitigate this tension.

The word is that vehicles and even bicycles will be rare.

we need this:

Draisine-templin.jpg

yes...really. maybe in camo to attract the "camo hurr durr ttkso for life" crowd :D

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel
  • Like 1

And this is a bad thing why?  Those are the players this game isn't suppose to be attracting.

• Like 1

The word is that vehicles and even bicycles will be rare.

Mitigate, not eliminate.