Roguehunter

September Rant Topic.

Why do the forum moderators continue to allow you to use abusive language repeatedly against other members of the forum? You are not contributing to this discussion in the least. Get out of here with your ad hominem and strawman arguments, please.

Did I call anyone specifically an idiot?  No.  Why do the moderators continue to allow you to make redundant comments about the way DayZ is being designed?

• Like 1

Did I call anyone specifically an idiot?  No.  Why do the moderators continue to allow you to make redundant comments about the way DayZ is being designed?

Sorry. I do not have the gift of eloquence that you have, sir. I will attempt to make my posts as informative and entertaining as yours in the future.

"ALPHA !== Add stuff <_<"

How am I doing?

Edited by scriptfactory

Playing Dayz is like eating raw bread dough and saying "it's okay, it's an alpha".

• Like 1

Playing Dayz is like eating raw bread dough and saying "it's okay, it's an alpha".

Well Awruk, taking your analogy a little further, the intelligent man wouldn't eat the raw dough. He would wait till it was baked and then eat it. He wouldn't stand there ranting and raving saying, "This bread sucks".

NEXT

Edited by RAM-bo4250
  • Like 2

Well Awruk, taking your analogy a little further, the intelligent man wouldn't eat the raw dough. He would wait till it was baked and then eat it. He wouldn't stand there ranting and raving saying, "This bread sucks".

This is a funny analogy. Are you calling us all stupid for playing DayZ? :D

So in this fantasy situation the dough/bread (DayZ) is given to Awruk by a baker (BIS). The baker sold him this bread stating that he shouldn't buy it, but after a certain amount of time it would probably be edible. After 70-80% of the time has passed and the bread is still nowhere close to being edible are criticisms about the development of the bread justified?

Edited by scriptfactory
  • Like 1

This is a funny analogy. Are you calling us all stupid for playing DayZ? :D

So in this fantasy situation the dough/bread (DayZ) is given to Awruk by a baker (BIS). The baker sold him this bread stating that he shouldn't buy it, but after a certain amount of time it would probably be edible. After 70-80% of the time has passed and the bread is still nowhere close to being edible are criticisms about the development of the bread justified?

No because the baker plasted a warning on the bakery and on the dough that the dough was inedible as is. If you can't wait for him, the baker, to finish said bread than you have to wait until the dough rises before you can put it in the oven. Not 70 or 80% before, 100 %. And then you have to bake it.

NEXT

Ah I see, we're now comparing software development to baking a bread. K, cool.

Next time i brush my teeth i will think about how this would be in an alpha. We need more cool analogies. Alpha-building a car, Alpha-building a house and now Alpha-baking a bread isn't enough yet ! Alpha-brush your teeth, people! And please dont Alpha-scratch your ass, because the hurt-skin animation is done, the bleeding system however is still bugged, so you will bleed to death. We're working on a hotfix.

Edited by ChainReactor
  • Like 1

Whether or not the speed of development of DayZ is a bit slower then other games still doesn't change the fact that no promises were made to us on when the game would be ready for distribution. Again, don't forget the "I Understand" button we all have to click on before playing this game.

Ah I see, we're now comparing software development to baking a bread. K, cool.

Next time i brush my teeth i will think about how this would be in an alpha. We need more cool analogies. Alpha-building a car, Alpha-building a house and now Alpha-baking a bread isn't enough yet ! Alpha-brush your teeth, people! And please dont Alpha-scratch your ass, because the hurt-skin animation is done, the bleeding system however is still bugged, so you will bleed to death. We're working on a hotfix.

You forgot one, mine. Alpha building a frying pan.

You know what I find amusing Chain. The analogy was brought up by Awruk, furthered along by Scriptfactory, and then wait, Scriptfactory gives you his beans for your post. When somebody puts forward an analogy and I respond to it using it to further their frame of reference, what am I supposed to do? Shout them down and say only mine is legit? Words are ideas? If it helps their understanding to use whatever analogy they want (as long as it fits), that's fine with me. Some people are slower than others to grasp concepts. Which one of these will you choose to be?

stupid

[stoo-pid, styoo‐] Spell Syllable
adjectivestupider, stupidest.
lacking ordinary quickness and keenness of mind; dull.
characterized by or proceeding from mental dullness; foolish;senseless:
a stupid question.
tediously dull, especially due to lack of meaning or sense; inane;pointless:
a stupid party.
annoying or irritating; troublesome:
Turn off that stupid radio.

ignorant

[ig-ner-uh nt] Spell Syllables

adjective
lacking in knowledge or training; unlearned:
an ignorant man.
lacking knowledge or information as to a particular subject or fact:
ignorant of quantum physics.
uninformed; unaware.
due to or showing lack of knowledge or training:
an ignorant statement.

Edited by RAM-bo4250
  • Like 2

It wasn't exactly about defending the game as much as raging against this:       Especially trtk and dgeesio and your like.

6d95d1a0.jpg

So yeah, I'm tired, and time to move on. This just isn't entertaining any longer. A little tidbit before I go: In the future when you purchase something be aware of what it is you're purchasing.  Seeya monkies. Moves on to the lions, my favorite.

Alright, this is where I will draw the line and set a small example.

I want the DayZ forums to be a place for constructive criticism. This means both negative, and positive feedback.

However, this -HAS- to be within reason, and actually constructive.

The first portion of this post is fine. The user has valid complaints, and I would under normal circumstances engage them on these concerns. Unfortunately, he follows up with conduct that is not acceptable.

Just off the top of my head...

Zombies that are completely silent and sneak up on you like a ninja.

Zombies that can track you like a heat seaking rocket.

Zombies that can travel through walls.

Hearing sounds like a Zombie scream when there is nothing around.

Putting something on the ground only to have it dissappear.

Constantly having to cancel actions because it glitches and does nothing.

Controls that are complete garbage.

Texture pop-ins when surveying areas.

Falling through buildings.

Glitching in lakes.

The list goes on and on...

One year of being a mod, 9 months in Alpha, and what you get from this group of devs is one of the most unplayable games ever made. You devs are pathetic and should be sued for purposely taking money when you knew you couldn't complete the task you were getting paid for.

And brining this POS to PS4... lol I'd bet money it's another "Alpha" that never gets finished.

If you want to make attacks against the integrity of competency of the development team, go somewhere else.

If you want to talk constructively about DayZ (this includes complaints!) - Meet me here. The team will try and engage as many users as possible.

• Like 10