stielhandgranate

Persistent bodies.

Dead player bodies should remain after a server reset. Maybe two full server cycles before they disappear altogether.

Why?

Dead player bodies allow the community to change the environment. Common "deathmatch zones" littered with bodies may serve as a warning to others to stay clear and may force campers to migrate to other areas. Players can leave notes on bodies with confidence that someone much later might read them.

How should it work?

The bodies should have the same condition that items do, degrading with each reset. After one reset the buzzing noise from flies plays. Each item on the bodies inventory should drop in one condition level. After the second reset the clothes should be rendered ruined as well as non canned food. A new decayed skin should overlap the player body and few items should be left salvageable, such as anything made of hard plastic or metal. Certain animals may feed on dead bodies such as pigs or boars.

Its been suggested many times, and I think the answer is no. Can you link the images for the concept art, they were pretty cool.

Server resets (hopefully) will become more rare and having bodies with their loot laying everywhere would mean terrible performance. The performance is already terrible with all the items laying around.

Sometimes when you think, its good to stop and think about what your thinking so that your not overthinking it.

Its been suggested many times, and I think the answer is no. Can you link the images for the concept art, they were pretty cool.

Server resets (hopefully) will become more rare and having bodies with their loot laying everywhere would mean terrible performance. The performance is already terrible with all the items laying around.

Sometimes when you think, its good to stop and think about what your thinking so that your not overthinking it.

Bodies shouldn't hamper performance more than tents or containers. The desired result is to allow dropped containers stay on the ground, so bodies shouldn't be any different, besides fly noise.

I have to agree that encountering a pile of unsuccessful survivors in various states of decay would certainly add that uber creepiness. I remember the day I found that pile of bodies next to the bus beside the road (not a mod player so I had never encountered those before) and as I stood there looking it was hard to not imagine one or two of them still moving about somewhat. I gotta say it was hard to turn my back on that sight and move on down the road and that wasn't even a first class rendering of potential aftermath gore. so yeah, moar dead bodies pleeeese

What if dead bodies transformed to  something like skeleton, ash ect. with low resulotion texture. Or maybe dead bodies can leave sign on ground for certain time like in dark souls 2 .