Sign in to follow this  
alijax

death & your items

About death, when you die and you have "stuff" what happends to your corpse &/or the items you had prior to your death.

Thanks

I think after 10 mins your body disappears and leaves just a pile of loot, and your gear doesn't go away until someone picks it up or the server restarts.

I think after 10 mins your body disappears and leaves just a pile of loot, and your gear doesn't go away until someone picks it up or the server restarts.

There is no "pile of loot", I wish there was a pile of loot, it all goes away unfortunately.  I have made my way back to my body several times and it has all been gone, I even watched it disappear while I was fighting the zed that killed me, believe me there was no pile of loot.  And that was in less than 10 min.

There is no "pile of loot", I wish there was a pile of loot, it all goes away unfortunately.  I have made my way back to my body several times and it has all been gone, I even watched it disappear while I was fighting the zed that killed me, believe me there was no pile of loot.  And that was in less than 10 min.

Oh, well that sucks. Hope they change that soon because those experiences of finding geared bodies in random places were amazing :(.

If you take the gear off the body and sit it on the ground it lasts a long time, but if it is on the body it will dissappear when the body does, im sure it lasts 5-10 mins, often you can run back to your body and get your gear back (depending on the circumstances reguarding death)

• Like 1

Dead body's stay for 10 minutes from what I seen. If your in a group and you die, one of your trusted friend's take your gear off, and set it off to the side and guard you gear til you are able to make it to where you died at...your good. If you do that then you just have to worry about a restart. I have pulled this off a few times, it works...if you group is holding ground and able to stay with your stuff. Its not to hard to do it. 

If your by your self your pretty much fucked unless you can reach your body in 10 minutes. If I die at the hands of another player palying solo, I pretty much would just write it off, that's why I try to not to die at all costs solo. If your were shot by another player, the odds of your stuff still being there is slim. Most KOS's are dicks, they quickly loot your dead body, some will kill you then hide your body...and even wait around for you to return and shot you again LOL seen it happen

Here's whats really fucked up about DayZ, Much of the time if they don't get a good head shot in...and they shoot you multiple times....your gear is ruined when you die...So when die at the hands of a bandit or whom ever, its pretty much just for a kick or thrill for them or a rush...and that's it..nothing more nothing less. They don't get anything out of it really, nothing really. Yet it goes on all the time. 

Edited by CJFlint

No it depends on what server your on. For patch 0.48 persistence isn't on all servers. Only a select few has it enabled. When patch 0.49 is out of experimental and into stable is when we'll see persistence across all servers. So right now on 0.48 some servers are without persistence and the body and loot will disappear. On persistence servers they shouldn't. 

Edited by Kronons
  • Like 1

No it depends on what server your on. For patch 0.48 persistence isn't on all servers. Only a select few has it enabled. When patch 0.49 is out of experimental and into stable is when we'll see persistence across all servers. So right now on 0.48 some servers are without persistence and the body and loot will disappear. On persistence servers they shouldn't. 

This was actually on experimental in .48, sry should have made that more clear.

If you take the gear off the body and sit it on the ground it lasts a long time, but if it is on the body it will dissappear when the body does, im sure it lasts 5-10 mins, often you can run back to your body and get your gear back (depending on the circumstances reguarding death)

I did this before persistence was even around.  I'd stash my ruck before entering a danger area or if I were bleeding out and unable to bandage.  Then I could usually get back before server restart and I was golden.

This was actually on experimental in .48, sry should have made that more clear.

I think you misread my post. I said persistence will be on all servers in 0.49 as stated in the status report. Which is still in experimental. We are in 0.48 and persistence is only on a few servers. 

If you kill a person and you look at their gun, you can loot just their gun and it will show all the items that the player was wearing, even though the body itself is gone. 

#justdayzthings

When you die, your body stays on the floor with everything on it. Some of the items might get ruined depending on where you got shot. Someone can come up to it and loot your body and then hide it so that no one will be able to loot it anymore. The body disappears within 10 minutes but if someone is in the vicinity, it can stay there for as long as the person is around.

All good info I was looking for an answer and got one thanks guys.

The plan is not to die :thumbsup: