Sign in to follow this  
CJFlint

A Couple Sniper Rifle Suggestions

These are just some simple sniper rifle related suggestions.

1st the mosin burlap rap was a vary nice add. Just yesterday I got a burlap sack and made the rap and added grass to it. I put it on my mosin and noticed it even with the grass the rap was a vary light tan almost white color, which does not help camo...defeating the purpose of having it. Even with grass added I don't think it helps camo. I suggestion is to darken the color of the rap it self to a darker tan same as the color of the improvised pack.

2nd. I really like the CZ rifle....its really kind of limted. Right now I view it as a new spawn gun, that I'll discard once I find something with more options. But I want to see more options for it. My suggestions is simple, allow multi color camo, allow ability to mount the long range scrope, allow the option to make a rap for it, allow the bipod to be attached

3rd another simple one....can we attach the bipod again to the mosin........Please..

Its vary possible some of this stuff is already in the works, but wanted to suggest it anyways. 

Edited by CJFlint

Hm.

If you want a CZ527-Rap really that bad, maybe write a letter to Eminem? :)

Srsly tho ;)

I think being able to spraypaint the burlap sack (and thus, letting the players decide to either craft a green or brown backpack, or green or brown mosin-wrap) would (maybe) an even better idea, considering you get the same result for the Mosin-wrap, but also more difference to all other burlap-sack-crafted items.

The DEVs are very very careful with sniperrifle-attachments and overall, because SRs encourage KillOnSight on longer ranges. People just go PvP, sit down on a hill and kill unsuspecting players, which is not good.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/208692-do-you-think-the-lrs-will-be-removed-from-mosin-when/?p=2090576

If you think the CZ527 is "limited", think about the Ruger 10/22, the Magnum or the Blaze 95 :)

But there is an optic in the gamefiles called "Hunting_scope_12x" or smth. like that. Maybe this scope will fit on the CZ527. Sooner or later, there will be an optic for the CZ, I'm rather sure.

Also the DEVs removed the bipod from the Mosin, because of "realism". In reality a Mosin can not really attach a LRS, either without modifying the "railsystem" heavily. And once the scope is attached, you need to "calibrate" it accurately, too.

In the future, the DEVs will probably also remove the LRS and thus, turn the Mosin into a "jack-of-all-trades"-Rifle. And once the PU-scope receives it's real "zoom"-factor (which is x3.4), the Mosin will still be pretty lethal on long ranges.

P.S. Nice avatar ;)

I'm really looking forward to the new MaxMAx 4 film 

Edited by irishroy
  • Like 2

If you think the CZ527 is "limited", think about the Ruger 10/22, the Magnum or the Blaze 95 :)

At least those guns have their respective niches while the CR527 has a more common and stronger competitor (SKS) and shares ammo with the currently most effective gun (AKM).

Having attachments for most gus would be nice but I don't like the current "dispersion bonus" system that much. Only very few attachments like compensators or silencers should actually affect dispersion. Most should affect things like dexterity, weight, recoil etc...

Sniper rifles in general should not be too common - or scopes in general. Right now everyone is running around with at least one scope for his/her primary weapon. I think unmodified weapons should be normal and attachments should be special not the other way around.

• Like 1

Hm.

If you want a CZ527-Rap really that bad, maybe write a letter to Eminem? :)

Srsly tho ;)

I think being able to spraypaint the burlap sack (and thus, letting the players decide to either craft a green or brown backpack, or green or brown mosin-wrap) would (maybe) an even better idea, considering you get the same result for the Mosin-wrap, but also more difference to all other burlap-sack-crafted items.

The DEVs are very very careful with sniperrifle-attachments and overall, because SRs encourage KillOnSight on longer ranges. People just go PvP, sit down on a hill and kill unsuspecting players, which is not good.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/208692-do-you-think-the-lrs-will-be-removed-from-mosin-when/?p=2090576

But there is an optic in the gamefiles called "Hunting_scope_12x" or smth. like that. Maybe this scope will fit on the CZ527. Sooner or later, there will be an optic for the CZ, I'm rather sure.

Also the DEVs removed the bipod from the Mosin, because of "realism". In reality a Mosin can not really attach a LRS, either without modifying the "railsystem" heavily. And once the scope is attached, you need to "calibrate" it accurately, too.

In the future, the DEVs will probably also remove the LRS and thus, turn the Mosin into a "jack-of-all-trades"-Rifle. And once the PU-scope receives it's real "zoom"-factor (which is x3.4), the Mosin will still be pretty lethal on long ranges.

P.S. Nice avatar ;)

I'm really looking forward to the new MaxMAx 4 film 

I would like to see attachments for the blaze as well, same with the magnum. The more modifications the merrier. I do agree with Evil M too that attachments should be rare, but they should be availible.

Hunting_scope_12x sounds interesting..

When play I always gravitate more towards sniper over solo style game play style. I much of the time I'm alone so I relly on camo a great and spend much of my time in wooded areas, every bit I take advantage of....one of the did not care for the burlap rap as much as I would have liked. I will use it but it needs to be darker. I would like to see more camo options even a gilly suit. More sniper tools basiclly....craft able even better.  

Master Blaster Lifts embargo. ha ha Thanks!

Edited by CJFlint

At least those guns have their respective niches while the CR527 has a more common and stronger competitor (SKS) and shares ammo with the currently most effective gun (AKM).

Having attachments for most gus would be nice but I don't like the current "dispersion bonus" system that much. Only very few attachments like compensators or silencers should actually affect dispersion. Most should affect things like dexterity, weight, recoil etc...

Sniper rifles in general should not be too common - or scopes in general. Right now everyone is running around with at least one scope for his/her primary weapon. I think unmodified weapons should be normal and attachments should be special not the other way around.

Depending on the gun. More versatile guns should have their parts spawn around as commonly as the weapons themselves, but in turn be rarer than most other guns, while guns that aren't as modular should be more common but have the attachments be extra rare.