Sign in to follow this  
smacku2b

Prypiat

This is something waaaay down the road, after the game is completed and additional content maybe starts getting considered, I would love to see a map of Prypiat. Do like a Stalker with DayZ survival, having to take radiation levels into account in the environment, on the food, etc. Like I said, not even worth considering as of yet, would just really love to see it.

Edited by smacku2b

Cool, enjoy your ignorance muricah.

I'm just going to say this because I'm not going to get sucked in to the grammar trolling, but lack of spelling correctly isn't ignorance, as much as it is laziness. As you know, we mericans are notoriously lazy because, well, we can afford to be and I've embraced the sedentary lifestyle. To me, ignorance is lack of understanding, which understanding comes from learning of a culture and traditions and lifestyles, which leads to misjudging somebody over the color of their skin, or the way they talk, or their spelling errors...I hope you can see where I'm going with this because I'm laying on the sarcasm rather heavily. Murica!

• Like 1

Meh, I prefer the realistic bent we have now. I think a Central European map, something along the lines of Germany/Poland, would be far more interesting.

• Like 1

If you really wanted to make it like Stalker you'd have a bunch of buddies sitting around a campfire playing music after wandering the zone looking for artifacts.

Bandits would be the minority.

Goddamn I want to be able to play CoP with one partner now.

• Like 1

So, while I love the idea as concept, I'm just not sure it really fits DayZ. Maybe a mod one day, a mod of a mod... What you could do maybe is have an area that has a far higher caliber of environmental danger. Perhaps a place like labs related to the infection's creation. Radiation is an idea, more zed spawns or any other combination of possibilities.

We should resist the temptation to populate it with anything the community would consider "better gear" but I can see having unique clothing options found there that could seem almost a badge of "I went to X".

Edited by Ebrim

Would be very cool to have those PvE elements of Stalker with the survival thing and the map scale of DayZ.

One can only dream..

So, while I love the idea as concept, I'm just not sure it really fits DayZ. Maybe a mod one day, a mod of a mod... What you could do maybe is have an area that has a far higher caliber of environmental danger. Perhaps a place like labs related to the infection's creation. Radiation is an idea, more zed spawns or any other combination of possibilities.

We should resist the temptation to populate it with anything the community would consider "better gear" but I can see having unique clothing options found there that could seem almost a badge of "I went to X".

I don't see how it doesn't fit honestly, have you noticed the apartment buildings in novo and cherno and all those places already have a seemingly heavily influenced mesh of what one typically thinks when they think of Chernobyl. At least that's the kind of look I think of anyways, All I really want to see though pretty much an exact virtual replica of the entire area, Nuclear plant included.

Radiation suits, Geiger counters, purifiers, radiation poisoning, all would be excellent installments to DayZ but needs to be placed within a reasonable location, which where better than a nuclear plant where a reactor has already gone nuclear. Plus I've been getting the itch to play Stalker, but don't want to leave DayZ, and I love the environment of Prypiat. And the northern subtown of Cherno really does not help that itch, because the look is there.

Honestly though, scratch the whole map pack, more intricate buildings, like realistic Gulags, or power plants or prisons and all that, the map is huge, with tons of nothing in it, space that I'm sure will be filled out with more towns or cities, but old Gulags/prison camps, airports, maximum security prisons, and realistic power plants, sewer systems, metro tunnels, all that kind of stuff would honestly suffice perfectly for me. I love exploring in games like this, and I just can't help but feel the lack of need to explore, granted it is in alpha, but based on what I've seen on the mod, there isn't much in terms of exploration that will be getting added. I love the game, and would love it even more if they took that kind of consideration in their buildings.

PS. These buildings; Gulags, max security prisons, massive power plants, sewer systems, shouldn't be repeated over and over again, One Gulag, One massive prison, one big nuclear power plant, only one of those buildings should be in the map, make it a fight for the gear that gets spawned there. A guarantee that interactions, or fire fights will happen there frequently. and the sewer system or metro system, all one big maze throughout the entirety of the map. A game called Nether did the metro thing right, however given their piss poor decision making with the "new cutting edge" mechanics of the game that took away so much from the eerie, survival aspect of it, I cannot personally stand that game anymore. So much from games like Metro and Stalker and Fallout makes me say "I really hope they add something like this to DayZ."

Edited by smacku2b

Eh, if you like stalker, I think you should play stalker, but I'll never oppose having more maps down the line.

I know if they add map making tools I'll be doing my home town.

Meh, I prefer the realistic bent we have now. I think a Central European map, something along the lines of Germany/Poland, would be far more interesting.

I agree, Celle was a pretty cool map, for Arma II :)

Thats in Germany, if i remember correctly.

I will admit the Pripiat Look-A-Like city on Namalsk, was also quite cool and very spooky to walk around in.

Edited by Byrgesen
  • Like 1

Eh, if you like stalker, I think you should play stalker, but I'll never oppose having more maps down the line.

I know if they add map making tools I'll be doing my home town.

you know, I actually thought of that too earlier today, if they don't want to add a new map, make a map editor available. I always loved doing that kind of stuff in games like Farcry. Hell I spent more time on farcry in the map editor than the actual game, both single and multi player

They can blame all glitch deaths when going up stairs on anomalies or poltergeists. 

Or dementia...which honestly would also be an awesome addition to this game, mental health.