Sign in to follow this  
daniels

Things DayZ Needs to do Before Beta

*There might be some ideas in here already and this of course has the stuff everyone wants and some smaller stuff, plz add on too ~Daniels*

1. Perfect persistence, AI for zombies and animals, weather, hyper/hypothermia, any lag what so ever, farming, loot

2. Add some different kinds of tents in, maybe once vehicles are in (which cargo ones would come after beta) you can find big military tents and strap them to your car

3. Add barricading in, little by little, next update (yes next one, 0.50) you could definitely accomplish a working ladder that you can carry around and place down, add some things to lock doors or basically make windows bullet proof, for a while, make fencing available, heck, have it to where you can build a well of some sort depending on a location

4. Make some human AI, never put them in stable until they have a purpose, but have it to where they are GREAT, make them spawn at heli crashes on exp servers and keep perfecting them, then once there is a nice good purpose for them put them in and they won't be broken, this is the most important thing that you have to have perfect on your initial stable launch because if its not, everybody riots because they cannot avoid them

5. Like stated before, perfect the loot spawning system, really try and balance it, like #4, every exp branch, add a new/fixed loot system that's balanced and that most players like and whenever you get what you and the community feels like is the right one add it in

6. Finish the northern road (which i'm pretty sure you guys are good with that) 

7. Add some backstory, you could do it in (chapters) and have some cool things you could find and then once more stuff comes in some people are already ahead, i've ported the C+ map to ArmA 3 and i;ve been doing some scripting and actually working on a backstory for this, just started and still brainstorming, but it would really have to be right, good, juicy, like a cock almost

8. Small vehicles, bike, motorbike, some ladas, maybe even a small pickup

9. More animals, with a perfected AI there could of course be wolf packs, but all the stuff placeholder needs to be updated to not placeholder

10. Get some new engine stuff in

11. NEW BACKPACKS, im sooooo happy about the smersh combination and the other new backpack (insert name here) that might be coming to 0.49 but you need more, definitely get the coyote backpack back, i think its very nice looking and with a little bit different color and model it could be good, also, please, add in a black, grey, dark grey, dark blue, and dark green mountain backpack, i cant stay camouflaged with a giant light green thing on my back

12. Make the tools useful, the hammer, screw driver etc, these can be accomplished with the barricading etc

(Ill add on later, gonna play now :D)

Add-On

13. Improve the fatigue system, haven't heard much about this but have weight being a big factor, the heat and cold of course (already helping), also have throwing up being a consequence

14. Add some more character creation, start off basic, just having some different mouths, noses, eyes and eye colors, hair styles (not to tacky) and maybe eventually make the clothes you start off with changeable, to an extent, when it will be hard to survive from heat and cold make it to where you can have some bigger clothes to start with, but it will be hard to avoid the heat, also add a weight factor like in number 13, height and weight, the more you weigh the harder it is, possibly even loosing weight 0.0! Also... beards and shaving bitches. 10/10

Edited by WillPocalypse
  • Like 1

BI hire this guy, he know what a roadmap is !

Oh wait a roadmap is already done, and half of this list is on the roadmap.

BI hire this guy, he know what a roadmap is !

Oh wait a roadmap is already done, and half of this list is on the roadmap.

I said before beta... :3 ;)

Great ideas, love them all. I have 2 I would like to add.

1: realistic-ness of guns, cars, etc. Let me explain. Lets say you find an old car in a garage somewhere. It is close to running, but needs 1 or 2 things. I think it should be made realistic, so you could "inspect" the engine, and get a general message such as "the engine is not getting spark" or something. If you have some basic knowledge of cars, you would know that this probably means new spark plug(s). I think that it should be as realistic as possible, so having prior knowledge on the subject should help you slightly. Don't make so hard only an auto-mechanic could do it, but make it very realistic. This would make clans and such want people with specific skillsets like this, a clan would want people like a car expert, a gun expert, survival expert, hunter, etc. Would make the game that much more realistic.

2: Full-size radios that can be set up to broadcast to walkie-talkies and other radios across a very large portion of the map, if not the whole map. A clan could set one up at their base to broadcast messages to their whole clan. Could also be used if a survivor wanted to set up their own radio station others could tune in to. Could be another goal in-game to get a working long range comms system working.

I think both of these ideas would be things that would be important in a real post-apocalyptic scenario, and would both be great additions to your list, and hopefully the game. Thanks for your time, and again great ideas so far.

Long, loooong road before beta.

They made a public roadmap like 5 months ago and looks like most of them are on time, no one told more stuff not listed may come, anyway almost of your un-edit list was on that roadmap that you may have missed.

The other stuff is planned or semi-working whit placeholders all over the place.

Anyway, your point n5 is not listed and is not needed imo, why humans near crashed helis ? Infected are attracted by sounds, you should find swarms of them around helis spawns, not humans.

They made a public roadmap like 5 months ago and looks like most of them are on time, no one told more stuff not listed may come, anyway almost of your un-edit list was on that roadmap that you may have missed.

The other stuff is planned or semi-working whit placeholders all over the place.

Anyway, your point n5 is not listed and is not needed imo, why humans near crashed helis ? Infected are attracted by sounds, you should find swarms of them around helis spawns, not humans.

Did you read it, I am expecting, at the end of the game, some kind of large backstory and possibly some very rare hard to get AI missions, to have these, you would need some actual human Ai, well depending on the backstory, I said for testing, put them at heli crashes and see how good they are, perfect them and don't put them in stable so that people have to deal with horribly broken AI until they're ready, or make a zone harder to get to, like when the Balota tents are moved, make an AI or two at their location, ideas my friend, ideas, also because i've been working a lot to develop a good backstory in an historical fiction genre standpoint, and yes, there are some AI in it, or there will be, of course im going to send this to the dev team and theyre gonna completely ignore it most likely but it still lets me pump out my creativity and gives me a challenge to do since i never have really scripted before

gives me a challenge to do since i never have really scripted before

I see.

/suggestion4thelulz

Try some missions whit real challenging "ai" ( not always but let pretend it is lol ) it's ingame since release, pvp, you can gather whit your friends and say : guys and gays tonight our mission is xxx yyy zzz those bandits/hero/freshspawns in xyz place go go ! You can add also backstory roleplaying, as a raped boy son of usnavy officer ( mbhuhaha thebigbangtheory ) or whatever shit you want.

Maybe. But in an interview published in June, Dean Hall said he expects the game to be "feature complete" by the end of 2014.

Either they are significantly speeding up development, or else there won't be all that many new features added.