Airfield

Are they wiping?

When will then be now? Soon...

l.gif

Lmao one of my favorites..

Well when is now? Just missed it... Lol

+1 for character wipes, I ran kamikaze through berezino last night took out as many as I could with my M4 amd coupled mags.... Sad thing was at the beginning of my session I found a weird chopper spawn and another coupled mag and a flashbang..

Taking a hiatus until 0.49

• Like 1

Before the wipe just go into some pvp and die. It's alpha expect more wipes. On the flip side there's stopping cheaters

The most pissed off people will be the people that paid for good speed hacks/teleporting. 

They didn't pay for it. Mommy and daddy did.

• Like 1

I die like once a day cause it is alpha/I'm bad, and I like to kill zombies with big guns. I usually just ignore other players & big cities.... but, if you're loud they will come. I'm in electro right now with 4 drums of ammo & a itchy trigger finger. I'm not "KOS"... "I'm shot at ya miss on purpose then wait for you to shot back so I has an excuse then Kill you sight"

When you re-spawn btw, just get some food and water fill up on it, then ditch your shirt, shoes, pants. Head towards a military base and you'll find drink, food, pants. shirt, ammo/gun before you die no problem. People see you with nothing & already looks like you've been held up. hardly anyone will kill you. Been found in a military base a couple times & and I've never been killed. They tell me to wait there, and "I can have the rest" or they just kick me out. 

A complete wipe of the stable hive is inbound.

But as soon as tomorrow? Unlikely.

I heard that they were going to do a wipe to clear out all the hacked gear that is floating around once they have persistence and a few other things nailed down. Actually that wipe would be the only harm I have suffered from hackers and cheaters in +700 hours of playing. One would have thought that they could develop a bot to scrub hacked gear out of the hives...but I guess its easier just to inconvenience the 99.9% of the players that do not cheat and hope that they eliminate the problem. I think a bit more finesse and skill would have been called for.

Shit I don't mind losing a fully geared character to gunfights, snipers, or a zombie swarm, but getting kicked in the face by the Developers sucks. I really don't want to go running around with a fire extinguisher or a pitchfork again unless another Player or hard hitting zed did the deed and put me back on the coast.  And the sad fact is that the cheaters will simply find new ways to beat the system, so what's the  friking point?

Did you expect that your character would last forever?

It was stated many times that there would be data wipes throughout development, no maybes about it.

If you've played that much DayZ (similar to myself), you should have by now embraced perma-death and embraced the re-gearing process.

I've been a gamer 30+ years and I honestly can't remember another game online or off where people acted so entitled while being wholly ignorant of the nature of the game they are playing.

I for one CANNOT WAIT for the wipe and ALLLLLLL your tears that will flood this board.  MMMmmmm yummy yummy QQ's.

• Like 1

Wipe us BI, wipe us. Cleanse us from the uncleaness. Remove the evil among us. 

All hail THE WIPE.

Edited by RAM-bo4250
  • Like 1

If the servers all come back up and are anything like the experimental branch was in the beginning of 0.48, everyone get ready. There will be no food to find. Everyone will be eating apples and berries. Players will be camping deer and boar spawns to PvP. I look forward to the day when it will become a true survivor game ! Fight to survive Every Time !

Edited by DiMeNsloNs

On one hand I hope the wipe doesn't come too soon; I just found a tent today, shot my first deer, started my first campfire, and burned my first steak. On the other hand, I was watching Mr. Moon's stream last night and he got so frustrated with the hacking squeakers that he, Kiwo and Dimitri quit to go play King of the Hill. So, yeah, the hackers have to go as soon as possible. There will always be assholes but no-skill cheaters are just annoying. Wipe 'em all.