Katana67

Balota Military Camp Moving to New Location! [SenChi Tweet]

Just seems counter productive...There's already a NWAF, who needs two within 5 minutes of eachother?  Are they trying to make the west the new eastcoast?  It just doesn't seem to make any sense to me...

The west is now the area in which high-end loot spawns. You've got Pavlovo, Zelenogorsk/Green Mountain, Veresnik, NWAF, and now Tisy. There are no barracks buildings outside of those locations.

However, this will be offset by an expansion of dynamic spawns (i.e. helicopter crashes, police cars, HMMWVs, etc.)

Edited by Katana67

Just seems counter productive...There's already a NWAF, who needs two within 5 minutes of eachother?  Are they trying to make the west the new eastcoast?  It just doesn't seem to make any sense to me...

How could the west coast become the new east coast? You don't spawn in the west, hence why there is high end loot there. Southern spawns have already been reopened and Balota is being removed/changed into civ airport. So with both eastern and southern spawns active, the NW makes the most sense to have the highest concentration of high end loot. This removes the high concentration of fresh spawns in the east by spreading them over a larger area and influences players to move north/west.

Edited by solodude23

Balota camp was moved into a clearing west of Myshkino/Sosnovka for anyone interested.

• Like 1

Balota camp was moved into a clearing west of Myshkino/Sosnovka for anyone interested.

Darn, now I have to be even more careful when I want to go near the green mountain. I guess now that will be the new trio area. Green Mountain + Military Camp + Zelenogorgsk barracks.

Gear means nothing in this game. It is all about surprise, acting first and being ACCURATE in your shootings. You can have the best gear and then later die to a guy with a shotgun.

• Like 1

Gear means nothing in this game. It is all about surprise, acting first and being ACCURATE in your shootings. You can have the best gear and then later die to a guy with a shotgun.

Yeah.

Nice place for ambush, it is right into a valley!

• Like 1

Buddy and I followed the road NW out of lopatino to a small estate (house, shed and shack) looking for the military tents. Whoops.

Idk, it just sounds like they're concentrating all the highend loot to the NW corner...You already have people camping the NWAF all day long, now there's gonna be another military base less than 5 minutes away?  That just sounds ridiculous...The way it was before was fine, stuff was spread out and not everyone rushed one part of the map, the NW is gonna be worse than Berezino now...I feel like they just ruined the western experience for everyone...BUT, I guess I'll try it out before I pass any REAL judgement, it just seems silly to me.

Before it was fine because there were no spawns in the south.

Now that bambis are spawning again at Balota, they HAD to move the camp...

You forgot the pavlovo military base. It would also need to be moved if south coast spawns were brought back. I think we're going to have to live with easterly spawn points

Damit yeah....forgot about that thing....get rid of that aswell lol. Or just move it north somewhere. I do really miss the old "flow" that the mod had with everyone making a break for NWA via Stary :)

Edited by Karmaterror

Preach!

Nice place for ambush, it is right into a valley!

Yeah, really. Looting this place is going to be risky business.

a7942924b95c9e7990ed2541e2ea7d5d.jpg

Before it was fine because there were no spawns in the south.

Now that bambis are spawning again at Balota, they HAD to move the camp...

I think the spawns only go as far west as Chernogorsk, but still, your point is valid.