kakysas666

Will devs manage to bring new patch to stable by the end of August? [POLL]

Will devs manage to bring new patch by the end of August?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Will devs manage to bring new patch by the end of August?

• Yes
    • No
    • Absolutely NOT

What planet do you live in when 40 million dollars in sales doesn't mean that Dayz is a crowning achievement and of which credit Dean deserves because the concept his is idea. I am defending the talented developers are working hard but just pointing out a little failure in leadership in my humble opinion.

In other words, himself and Bohemia knew how popular Dayz Mod and the stand alone was going to be on more than 3 continents around the world..... So yes, I think they should take it seriously as much as Cellini did when he worked on Perseus and the salt cellar for the king of France.

Well, I think you'r either trolling me, or you're completely bonkers. No offence or anything.

No offense taken. I respect your opinion too. I probably am a little too emotional or extreme about the game but that's because I love it so much and want it to succeed. It's all good man.

Hoo boy. Another one of these threads?

I want to see what people expect compared to what devs deliver.

This is why we can't have nice things.

Asking what "people expect compared to what devs deliver" only sounds counter-productive. Do we really need to hear the community whine moar about whether or not the devs hit their "expected release date" on a single, minor incremental patch? Just wait 'til the game is fully released dude.

And no, I "ain't even mad bro", lol, I just think threads like this are pointless filler in what should be an awesome dayz discussion cake.

Edited by bonesnap

Reading the latest status report and taking into account what the devs are aiming for with 0.49, i would really like it to hit Experimental just this month. I don't think it will reach stable in august tho. But I ain't mad about it. Take your time. Rushed updates only lead to another frustrating week with people writing pointless "OMG FIX THIS" threads on the forum.

So, what do i expect compared to what the devs deliver? Nothing really. I expect nothing from the devs when it comes to update schedule and content. The devs are not working to make me happy, they are designing a game on the fly as we play it, so its up to them what and when they add and update stuff.

Again, wrong expectations is one of the major problems of people participating in an Alpha.

Edited by ChainReactor
  • Like 1

i dont care, i prefer they take their time and get it right instead of rushing broken patches out.

But if they take too much time, the hype will die down  and the higher ups will say there is no reason to keep paying for development if not a lot of extra sales for final release will come out.   Someone else may finish a similar game if you take too long.   So it's a difficult problem.   Quality will take longer, so they must make the game really amazing to make sure they get more sales.