Sign in to follow this  
Devil's Toast

My first social encounter

Maybe you have already seen my other posts about how I never met anyone in DayZ and it's so boring! ( not saying it has gotten better HOWEVER READ ALONG )

I somehow died in Berezino, and respawned near the sea, I thought '' I know where this place is! It's near the boat! ( Shipwreck )
So I started walking along the sea line, found the boat and thought '' I never went past the boat! ''
I started walking and found a town right after, not too sure about it, by my guessing I think it was Elektro, ( new player here ) ANYWAY
I was just walking along, and at some point I hear a voice, I thought '' NO, IT CAN'T BE, ANOTHER FELLOW GAMER?!?! BUT I HAVE NEVER SEEN ANYONE ON DAYZ''
He was gearless, pantsless, we both said hi, what's up, the usual, then I said '' Any other players here? ''
He replied '' yes, they are all dead in my apartment '' and run away
I was left with a '' WTF '' face, run behind him, saying '' HELLO? WHERE YOU GOING? ''
I lost him
I thought to myself '' I've seen that video on youtube where the guy said if you go to Elektro, take your pants off''
Took them off
I thought '' there must be more players here, I won't give up till I find them ''
Heard gunshots, got instantly happy since that means there are more people here
Walked a  bit more, still nothing
TILL A SEXY GEARED UP, BUT PANTSLESS PLAYER RUNS UP TO ME
I immediately said '' FRIENDLY, FRIENDLY, HELLO? ''
We spoke, he was nice to me
He then crouched in a corner
I said '' any other players here? '' yes he said
I said '' bad ones? '' yes he said
'' Why don't we all just team up and be one big powerful group '' Nah he said
''Can I be your sidekick then? '' Nah he said
He then asked '' Do you want some food? '' yes please I said
*Gave me 100% Tuna and half spaghetti can
I asked '' What;s your game name? '' Why do you need it? he asked
''To know who to thank '' which I replied
'' Black '' he said
'' Thank you Black, you're a really nice person '' He thanked me back

'' HEY BITCH '' some random name popped up in the chat
''Hello?'' I replied 
He then replied with some nonsence 
''English? '' I said?
''Yes'' he said
*BBBBBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMM * '' YOU ARE DEAD ''
Black: WOOOOOOW 
ME: OH FFS
Silence right after
Then
Black: PUT YOUR HANDS UP BOY 
Me just casually listening 
Heard black repeat the same thing, then I pressed respawn.

Thank you ladies and gents, hope you enjoyed my little story/experience
Hope I didn't bore you too much, but hey, I'm happy that at last I found other people on the game!

P.S. Black, if you are reading this, then thank you, sorry for revealing your name ( if that is your in game name ) :)

XOXO  

• Like 1

What server population size do you play on? I see people all the time but I also only play on high population servers and know the general trails and routes people take, so seeing another player it not out of the norm. I just try to make sure I see them before they see me. Stay off the roads! ;)

Another friendly tip, don't yell "friendly, friendly, friendly" because chance are you will be shot. Instead learn about your other player by watching him from a distance and seeing what he is up to. After a while you should develop a sixth sense for knowing what type of person you're looking at and dealing with. If you do get snuck up on or see a player by surprise it's best to just talk normal and clearly rather than do the typicaly newb mistake of saying "friendly". Most people don't trust players who come up yelling friendly because they probably are still licking their wounds from the last betrayal or backstab. But hey at least you're talking in the mic. If there is one thing I can't stand it's someone playing a game like this and doesn't use the mic or even have a mic. I typically blast those people because I think they are in a TS and acting like they don't have a mic only so they can have their friends ambush me. Yea I'm paranoid like that but you learn the little tricks people use against you after a few deaths lol.

FYI the city you were near is Svetlojarsk or commonly referred to as "Svetlo". Elektro is far south near Cherno (way below Berezino). This should help understand the map but I don't suggest using it in-game as a crutch http://dayzdb.com/map/chernarusplus. You will easily learn the map by memory if you travel and it will become second nature. If you rely on the DayZDB map you will never become a true woodsman capable of traveling any distance without a compass or map and it will hinder you more than help you, espcially if the shit hits the fan and you get seperated from a group or friends.

Edited by haknslash

What server population size do you play on? I see people all the time but I also play on high population servers and know the general trails and routes people take, so seeing another player it not out of the norm. I just try to make sure I see them before they see me. Stay off the roads! ;)

FYI the city you were near is Svetlojarsk or commonly referred to as "Svetlo". Elektro is far south. This should help understand the map but I don't suggest using it in-game as a crutch. You will easily learn the map by memory if you travel and it will become second nature.

Ah, sorry, you are right! I searched it and yes that is the town, Svetlo!

That is a nice story right there sir :D. 1st time I encountered humans they tried to kill me with pitchfork for no reason :D.

I play on low pop servers.

I play alone and my microphone is in a drawer.

I don't want to set it up every time I want to play on the off chance somebody who doesn't trust my text is going to shoot first if I type.

I've always found the whole "no microphone you die" thing to be pretty stupid but I guess it's one notch more sophisticated than the straight KoS'ers.