Sign in to follow this  
Airborne28

AAR: KIA, loots and boots

Ok gets. first off i am typing on a phone. its a crappy phone so if my spelling is terrible and i leave out puntuations im sorry.

New rule, get in a good clan if you're a noob. yes you will be told your a newb, grow thicker skin , be awesome and deal with it.

I was killed in a gun battle in the military compound south of NWAF. thede were 6 people on the server and 3 were my clanmates. the other two ambushed us as we walked into a building effectively trapping us. my leg was broken from a gunshot and clanmates did what they could. they all made it amd i had to start over.

While in this predicament, the ambushers talked to us with their mics, they could not hear me though. it was evident that they were juviniles by the sounds of their high pitched manner of speaking. they also spoke poorly like pouser villians in a crappy movie complete with cleche lines. some people take this a tad too seriously.

I spawned in svetlagorsk and ran down to berinzino. One of the kids needed me and logged out in a police station. MISTAKE! The moment i logged back in on a ser with 3 people i hear "get down on the ground lose the bat buddy!!". 3 people in severr, 225 klicks of land, what are the odds. dont log out in police stations fire houses or military compounds. so this kid in game speak begins to give me instructions which i follow. i get my in game speak working and i do not play along with the role playing tough guy crap. the kid said buddy at either the beginning or end of every sentence. He dosnt kill me and i give him a mousin compensator for his gun. he decides to run me south. we agro several zs on tje edge of town and the server shuts down. when i relog in the zs are still there but my new friend is gone.

heading south two clan mates log in and run me AAAALLLLLLLL the way to bolota.....its far. i get some decent kit and need to log .

My first encounter with a resonable player... thats a plus. recruited him to the clan.

KIA sucks when your well kitted. when you get an item like a gun or grenades dont cherish them. you will lose them one way or another.

Dont take the game too.serious....its a game. that dosent mean not to strive to do well but again its a game.

Join an established clan. give ammo and supplies liberaly amd you will be surprised how much they will help you in return. dont be a mooch. dont need 5.56 rounds? Grab em anyway, someone needs em.

Decent loot to be had in military compounds but its high risk vs high reward. NEAF always seems picked over, i now avoid it.

At one mil compound i found piles i mean piles of boots. was kinda creepy.

If you cant stay safe, stay deadly

Airborne

I read your other thread. You need to learn a tree in the woods if your best place to log off. NEVER, EVER, under any circumstances log off in military installations or police buildings for Pete's sake! You might as well just log off in the middle of Berezino :D. I'm not sure if you realize this or not but when you log off your character is still vulnerable and very much still "alive" on the server for about 30 seconds. The same or more for when you log in. Basically you're a sitting duck.

I don't really agree with newbs needing to join a clan to make it in this game. I don't really care for clans TBH since most are very young people with limited skills in actually working as a team and often times they just slow me down from my objective(s). Most just want a clan to have strength in numbers but that doesn't do any good if the entire team is weak and not organized. You're only as strong as the weakest link. Besides the second you get on their TS you have to hear about how shitty their day has been at work (if they even have a job) or why their favorite TV show sucked this week or a ton of other shit I don't care to listen to when I'm playing a game. It's just background noise that just creates confusion when the shit hits the fan. For some it's like Skype but with a moving picture of DayZ.

And yes don't get attached to your gear. Welcome to DayZ

Edited by haknslash

I read your other thread. You need to learn a tree in the woods if your best place to log off. NEVER, EVER, under any circumstances log off in military installations or police buildings for Pete's sake! You might as well just log off in the middle of Berezino :D. I'm not sure if you realize this or not but when you log off your character is still vulnerable and very much still "alive" on the server for about 30 seconds. The same or more for when you log in. Basically you're a sitting duck.I don't really agree with newbs needing to join a clan to make it in this game. I don't really care for clans TBH since most are very young people with limited skills in actually working as a team and often times they just slow me down from my objective(s). Most just want a clan to have strength in numbers but that doesn't do any good if the entire team is weak and not organized. You're only as strong as the weakest link. Besides the second you get on their TS you have to hear about how shitty their day has been at work (if they even have a job) or why their favorite TV show sucked this week or a ton of other shit I don't care to listen to when I'm playing a game. It's just background noise that just creates confusion when the shit hits the fan. For some it's like Skype but with a moving picture of DayZ.And yes don't get attached to your gear. Welcome to DayZ

Yeah i try to log in the woodline, but if my children or wife need me, i log, just a game.

I agree that there will always be some general complaining by others in a teamseak. I am not an extrovert nor abnormaly kind. Listening to the chatter and random banalities can be tedious. However, if someone needs legit help, i am more than happy to help. Its about building report.

All of the people that I play this game with are players that I have met in the game itself and have joined with, added them on Steam, and still play with them. That's the best way to find DayZ companions, by just playing DayZ and finding people that you are able to roll with.

Never believe anyone with his weapon pulled out. Also best way to gain buddies is just like guy above me said, in-game. If a complete stranger does not shoot you on sight and you can work with him, you can work with him forever :).