MrBigD

Confirmation of Changes : Session lost

With all this complaining in the wrong section you're doing, I'd be hesitant to help you also.

Unless you're an absolute dense prick, you'd know this game is in Alpha, and these kinds of things are bound to happen.

Look at it this way - You didn't buy a game. You bought the ability to participate in the early development of something that will become a game.

Do you have a limited steam account? That seems to be a running theme with people who have this issue. No idea why it would cause that though. Have you tried contacting steam support to see if you can get your account restriction removed?

Do you have a limited steam account? That seems to be a running theme with people who have this issue. No idea why it would cause that though. Have you tried contacting steam support to see if you can get your account restriction removed?

Yep,my account is limited.

And yep,i did,no response :(((((((

But,2 weeks ago when it happened it fixed it its self after 2 days,but now its taking longer huh :) ?

I thought that this maintance will fix it,but no...
It has been a week now :(

I'm having the same exact problem. I have never cheated (don't even know how to) and never been banned. I keep getting "Confirmation of Changes: Session lost" message. I cannot find a fix anywhere. Please help, this sucks majorly.

I'm having the same exact problem. I have never cheated (don't even know how to) and never been banned. I keep getting "Confirmation of Changes: Session lost" message. I cannot find a fix anywhere. Please help, this sucks majorly.

Soon it will be 3 weeks since i have the problem...

GG dayz dev.

This is just a blind shot, but ...

did you allow your current DayZ.exe to go through your firewall ( and router ), because during development, the preferences of the .exe will change with every update, which will possibly circumnavigate your set firewall rules? 

How is the situation when you turn off your firewall / antivirus completely? ( just for a test )

Edited by ChainReactor

I don't have any antivirus.
My dayZ.exe is allowed to go through firewall
With firewall off : all the same
I'm not waiting anymore,if the next update[0.49] doesn't fix it,you're either givin me my money back or imma spread the word bout this shit and no help for 20 days[almost 20]

Just to be clear about it, are you unable to join any server at all or can you get ingame and get the session lost error after joining a server?

Also, it's known that the devs dont post here, and some people tried to help you. Also, the problem seems to be on your client's side, since most people in this forum can play. No need to rant about the game, eventhough i understand your situation is frustrating.

Everything is okay like i already said ! But when i join the server it says Session lost.

Is your game finding servers on the server browser or do you simply get a blank page even if you refresh?

I appreciate your help, my game is finding the servers but once I join, it says confirmation of changes: session lost. I had my brother go onto my steam from his computer and play the game and it worked completely fine. With that info, I still have no idea whats not working on my client. I have validated game files as well. Thanks!

My friend had the same issue and it took a bit of troubleshooting to get it to fix itself. We did quite a few things before the problem was actually fixed (like verifying integrity of cache and reinstalling DayZ), but the final steps that led to a fix were:

-1. The issue is: upon joining a server, it kicks you out of it with a message box saying "Confirmation of Changes: Session Lost".  This happens for any server, on both regular and experimental DayZ.

0. Back up any files as needed through all of this.

1. Close out of DayZ and shut Steam down.

2. Uninstall Steam (if you plan on saving your game installs by making a backup-copy of your Steam\steamapps folder, make sure at least that DayZ gets removed from your steamapps folder; uninstalling steam will remove all games within the steamapps folder)

3. If you have any of these Folders, delete:

%AppData%\Local\DayZ

%AppData%\LocalLow\DayZ

%AppData%\Roaming\DayZ

Note: %AppData% is how you get to the specific folder location by using the start menu search option, though you can get to that folder by going to C:\Users\usernamehere\AppData\

4. In each of the three %AppData% folders, also make sure there is no BattleEye folder. Delete if you find.

5. Now go to C:\Users\usernamehere\Documents  and look again for DayZ, BattleEye, and this time also for "DayZ Other Profiles". Delete any you find. Note that this may be where your custom settings for the game are stored, so you'll have to re-do all the settings (you might run into the infamous Resolution issue after having your video settings reset; google around for easy fixes to this if need be). But if the game actually works, who cares, right?

6. Reinstall steam by using the install file located on the official steam website.

7. Do not copy back any folders you backed up, not even steamapps.

8. Download only DayZ through steam, so that it is the only installed game.

9. Run DayZ and see if it works.

10. Restore any backups you had and hope this doesn't break DayZ. Restoring your steamapps won't break anything as long as you removed DayZ from the backup files. Re-download games if you had them deleted during uninstall. And, hopefully, enjoy!

In essence, the issue for my friend was neither a networking issue, nor a DayZ server issue, nor a hacking/cheating issue where the account may be limited, VAC banned, or BattleEye banned (my friend did not hack/cheat/abuse and the steam account is not limited). The account was usable from a different computer, so the problem was purely on my friend's computer.

There is probably a much easier way to fix this issue, such as by deleting the specific files which cause this problem, and letting Steam re-acquire them, but I don't know which files those would be.

My friend had the same issue and it took a bit of troubleshooting to get it to fix itself. We did quite a few things before the problem was actually fixed (like verifying integrity of cache and reinstalling DayZ), but the final steps that led to a fix were:

-1. The issue is: upon joining a server, it kicks you out of it with a message box saying "Confirmation of Changes: Session Lost".  This happens for any server, on both regular and experimental DayZ.

0. Back up any files as needed through all of this.

1. Close out of DayZ and shut Steam down.

2. Uninstall Steam (if you plan on saving your game installs by making a backup-copy of your Steam\steamapps folder, make sure at least that DayZ gets removed from your steamapps folder; uninstalling steam will remove all games within the steamapps folder)

3. If you have any of these Folders, delete:

%AppData%\Local\DayZ

%AppData%\LocalLow\DayZ

%AppData%\Roaming\DayZ

Note: %AppData% is how you get to the specific folder location by using the start menu search option, though you can get to that folder by going to C:\Users\usernamehere\AppData\

4. In each of the three %AppData% folders, also make sure there is no BattleEye folder. Delete if you find.

5. Now go to C:\Users\usernamehere\Documents  and look again for DayZ, BattleEye, and this time also for "DayZ Other Profiles". Delete any you find. Note that this may be where your custom settings for the game are stored, so you'll have to re-do all the settings (you might run into the infamous Resolution issue after having your video settings reset; google around for easy fixes to this if need be). But if the game actually works, who cares, right?

6. Reinstall steam by using the install file located on the official steam website.

7. Do not copy back any folders you backed up, not even steamapps.

8. Download only DayZ through steam, so that it is the only installed game.

9. Run DayZ and see if it works.

10. Restore any backups you had and hope this doesn't break DayZ. Restoring your steamapps won't break anything as long as you removed DayZ from the backup files. Re-download games if you had them deleted during uninstall. And, hopefully, enjoy!

In essence, the issue for my friend was neither a networking issue, nor a DayZ server issue, nor a hacking/cheating issue where the account may be limited, VAC banned, or BattleEye banned (my friend did not hack/cheat/abuse and the steam account is not limited). The account was usable from a different computer, so the problem was purely on my friend's computer.

There is probably a much easier way to fix this issue, such as by deleting the specific files which cause this problem, and letting Steam re-acquire them, but I don't know which files those would be.

Well, if it is a Battleye problem, deleting the Battleye folder should be enough...i only guessing here thought. A corrupted battleye file may stop the server from authenticating your version, and stop the connection to the server.. a bit like you was banned.. but obviously without being ban. But again.. only guessing...

Edited by Cpanther

That better work,i'll give it a try but after a month of waiting for update 0.49 in hope it'll fix it,it didn't do shet!

You might try removing DayZ from Steam and any associated files in SteamApps/Common and My Documents/DayZ.

Then use a registry cleaner (I use CrapCleaner Registry Tool) and remove any DayZ  files that are found.

Might help, might not.