arlingtine

zombie speed

I have noticed that zombies in game tend to move quite fast. over the period i have been playing i have noticed the numbers increase aswell. also it seems they are respawning in towns you have already cleared. it is very frustrating to finally have good gear and have cleared a town only to fire a shot and then get run down by 5 or 10 zombies. i suggest making them slower and only respawning on server reset. then adding more would not make the game unplayable. large numbers would be unimpossible to kill and you could kill more than one with melee.

Ya..... I should probably read things aloud before I post them... I still think it is a good idea. surviving long term on your own should be doable it should just be difficult.

Hi!

You should take some time to read many of the current official threads on this forum about the state of this Alpha release.

Thanks!

This is DayZ, zombies are supposed to be fast. Zombies are supposed to respawn, otherwise their would be none in a lot of locations (You should'v tried playing back in the early stages). Take the game slower next time, and try not to fire off that siren of a gun you have. It's supposed to gather zombies, they have ears too. Use common zombie sense, and think before you act (In most cases, sometimes natural instinct is better). Good luck out there :D

I see what you mean by guns attracting them. I still think they should be slightly slower though. often you will get hit with multiples and are either forced to shoot or are overwelmed. at the moment they move the same speed as you and it is impossible to lose them. (i dont think it should be easy to run away but you should be able to to it if need be)

No for slower zombies, in fact i hope that they will become HARDER and more deadly when they will be fixed, cause i'm boring to see that player are the biggest threat, and even if i know that it will never happen (eve if this is stupid to pass next this opportunity to gain number of players) i hope that DayZ will gain a SinglePlayer mode in addition to the MP.
Zed need to be more deadly, but yes making them respawn next to us is stupid.
Make them only respawn while server restart is not possible...Same as making them respawn after a certain amount of time, it make no senses, mainly for the unlucky one who will without weapons go to this town to look for loots cause he see no zombies, and they respawn on him...

A solution which involve real time respawn of zombies in a really nice way and also can add some challenge between two town (without wast zombies and player free area), realism and dynamic aspect is possible, here : http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/200642-safe-zones/page-2#entry2044046

Don't forget that DayZ is a ZOMBIES surviving game, not a PVP one, zed are the most important aspect on this game, they are supposed to be fast, agile and deadly, if a zombie run at you, kill him, its better than run away and having finally 10 zombies after you cause rather than kill them one by one, you try to run away...
They are supposed to be faster than you, threatening, and you are not supposed to be able to easily run away from them, cause they are not standard people, they don't care to damage they body by running too fast and overusing muscles, human's strength are limited by the brain, not the muscles, so its logic that zombies are stronger AND faster !

i see what you are saying here but if that is the case then you cannot use logic to explain it. zombies would suffer from decomp so unless everyone on the map turned at the same time and it was within the last few hours the zombies would not be faster than us. i do agree however that its a shame that people are such a threat. and im not saying to make the zombies easy that would make the game boring. to be honest tho i just found the fast foreward function i was using reg sprint before. i am more than capable of keeping up now.