Sign in to follow this  
GunnyITA

Sawn off shotgun ironsight

... you are claiming all my content refers to the OP

But you just said that all of your content refers to the OP....

• Like 1

it is you that is goalposting and now claiming because I posted in this thread, all of my content refers to the OP and not the post I directly quoted.

Next time, read the whole sentence.

• Like 1

No, I'm not "digging myself" anywhere. Nor am I claiming "All of my content refers to the OP". You really have trouble with reading comprehension as I stated you are claiming all my content refers to the OP and you could not understand what I was referring to or am trying to twist words to what you want to read.

My thoughts exactly.

Your issue with this thread is the fact that you went off topic, and told the rest of the posters that they were wrong because of your incorrect statements.

I don't care how right you think you are about shotguns, you misspoke, so i was correcting you. Its really not that complicated. And if you are not trying to snivle your way out of accepting that you are wrong, what the hell is with the massive paragraph?

My thoughts exactly.

Your issue with this thread is the fact that you went off topic, and told the rest of the posters that they were wrong because of your incorrect statements.

I don't care how right you think you are about shotguns, you misspoke, so i was correcting you. Its really not that complicated. And if you are not trying to snivle your way out of accepting that you are wrong, what the hell is with the massive paragraph?

I'm sorry, I should know you can't seem to pay attention to read a whole paragraph, so let me repost what you only seemed to partially read.

it is you that is goalposting and now claiming because I posted in this thread, all of my content refers to the OP and not the post I directly quoted.

Are you incapable of reading an entire sentence or is this some type of elaborate troll scheme on your part? I'm not sure what you think I'm trying to "snivle" out of, but I am not wrong in the scene that shotguns in their intact from have sights for a reason.

Shotguns have sights for a reason.

The vast majority of shotguns only have a tiny bead on the front and no rear sights .

• Like 1

You don't point your shotgun in the general direction of your target and pray for the best. Proper fundamentals with a shotgun require you to aim, that is when you have sights.

Lets just start here.

Like my last post said, here is you, the one who is completely off topic, applying YOUR wrong ideas and saying that someone else is wrong because of it.

Did i lose you again?

even if there's no ironsights and you had to point....with this gun is impossible either at 10 metres.

If you mind to stop after a short run and take a breath to shoot you can't because you die first.

you can't aim through an imaginary ironsight above the gun that is moving because of the breath.....it's such stupid!

even if there's no ironsights and you had to point....with this gun is impossible either at 10 metres.

If you mind to stop after a short run and take a breath to shoot you can't because you die first.

you can't aim through an imaginary ironsight above the gun that is moving because of the breath.....it's such stupid!

Haven't had a problem with the sway and stamina thus far.

I can aim the shotgun just fine.

Haven't had a problem with the sway and stamina thus far.

I can aim the shotgun just fine.

a gameplay video session might be appreciated

I'm an horrible shooter. i'd shoot to target till 800 metres with mosin (zeroing set) even without hold the breath, But I don't know how to aim through an invisible ironsight with a single pellet at 10 metres

...Off course i'm trolling...

Edited by GunnyITA

I'm going to politely and partially disagree, only for the fact that shotguns are being used mostly in combat and not hunting in game. I remember being taught to engage center mass of an individual and apply fundamentals similar to iron sights (of a rifle). I'm not a hunter, and I'm sure you are correct on the subject of hunting, but are hunting mechanics in game at this stage of involvement?

It depends what you are shooting at and the distance, the main thing is if it is quickly moving or not. Many modern tactical shotguns like the Army's M4 Super 90 have ghost ring sights for longer distance or using slugs. Slug guns have scopes or rifle sights. On the IZH-43 there is only a bead. Most models of the Remington 870 only come with a bead, same with most all shotguns. But pretty much all "traditional" use will say the same things about sighting:

Shotguns Generally Have a Bead Sight

leading_target_swing_through.jpg

Unlike rifles, shotguns are pointed, not aimed, because they are generally used for shooting at moving targets. Shotguns generally have a small round bead on top of the barrel near the muzzle. Your eye is like the rear sight, and the bead is the front sight. That's all you need when using a shotgun to hunt waterfowl, upland birds, or rabbits. There are three basic rules for shooting at moving targets with shotguns.

Keep your cheek on the stock.

Keep both eyes open and focused on the target.

Keep swinging the muzzle through the target, pull the trigger and "follow through" (keep moving the muzzle with the target).

The only time to use rifle sights on a shotgun is when it is used to hunt big game or turkeys.

http://www.hunter-ed.com/washington/studyGuide/Shotguns-Generally-Have-a-Bead-Sight/20105001_700046677

It depends what you are shooting at and the distance, the main thing is if it is quickly moving or not. Many modern tactical shotguns like the Army's M4 Super 90 have ghost ring sights for longer distance or using slugs. Slug guns have scopes or rifle sights. On the IZH-43 there is only a bead. Most models of the Remington 870 only come with a bead, same with most all shotguns. But pretty much all "traditional" use will say the same things about sighting:

Man....you can't neither point with a weapon making a single hole in the wall, like a slug! It's bugged!

Then if slugs are going to be in the game again, you can't use them on a weapon with an insivible ironsight because your weapon is moving horribly for the breath.

remember we aren't talking about the regular shotgun version, but the sawed off!

Man....you can't neither point with a weapon making a single hole in the wall, like a slug! It's bugged!

Then if slugs are going to be in the game again, you can't use them on a weapon with an insivible ironsight because your weapon is moving horribly for the breath.

remember we aren't talking about the regular shotgun version, but the sawed off!

The eye point is too high above the sawed-off IMO but it shouldn't have an exact eye point like in the mod.

The vast majority of shotguns only have a tiny bead on the front and no rear sights .

Tiny bead AKA "a sight".

Nice video... for clay/bird shooting. Combat techniques are a little different, considering your adversary tends to not be flying through the air. It even says so in your quote: "That's all you need when using a shotgun to hunt waterfowl, upland birds, or rabbits. "

How about some more applicable advice?

http://www.outdoorlife.com/blogs/gun-shots/2013/05/shotgun-shooting-tips-4-ways-improve-your-tactical-shotgun-game

"Sight In Your Shotgun

It is important to have the patterns centered when you are shooting. This is usually a function of gun fit, but in a tactical shotgun, you’re often using slugs, so it’s best to aim the shotgun like a rifle.

For precision slug shooting, it’s critical that you zero the gun. It doesn’t matter if you have sights or just a bead—make sure everything is adjusted so the slugs hit where you want them to hit. Either install some adjustable sights or bend the barrel, but get the slugs hitting where you are aiming."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsN2AugB5pw

Do not believe a thing you see when it comes to Hollywood/video games and firearms. They usually get it wrong.

Edited by Grindstone
  • Like 1

Tiny bead AKA "a sight"

snip

Ohhhhhhh boyyyyyy..

lets-get-ready-to-rustle.jpg

(This is honestly the best thread a long time)

So my if bead = sight

*clip = mag?

*optic = scope?

*blade = knife?

Why the tautology if a bead is a sight, as a sight a bead, why refer to the article as a bead if it's just a sight? And whatever happened the the mysterious ironsight for the sawn off shotgun that OP struggled with (do they still) Have the search teams returned from green mountain? Will we ever find the sawn off end? This is the hard evidence I feel we need.

General pisstake of this wierd thread aside the article you posted doesn't really back up what you said or at least to the extent you seem to suggest. Slugs are a funny thing. This guy doesn't really run them and certinally not home defense.

http://www.outdoorlife.com/blogs/gun-shots/2013/05/shotgun-shooting-tips-4-ways-improve-your-tactical-shotgun-game

"There are two approaches. One is to shoot purely from a tactical aspect, using sights for every shot. But that limits what you can do and how fast you can do it. The other aspect is to learn to shoot a shotgun the way it is designed to be shot. That is, to learn wingshooting techniques and apply them to tactical shooting."

Frankly this "tactical" ascpect is a buzz word.  He mentions sights in relation to tactical and thats it. 'Tactical' means very little to me and is very much overused imo. But hey not American and i'll happily leave tactical semantics wash right over me...

Shotgun aim comes from fit of the stock (cheek piece, castoff and so many other issues its crazy) the rib of the gun and bead(s) or alternate sights. And he didn't cover slug shooting with beads...

Wasn't there was a sawn off in this thread...:P

Edited by Trizzo

OP, I am a master of shotguns. Here's the three easy steps you need to shotgun accurately.

1. Aim center mass with 1PP dot

2. ADS

3. As quickly as you can, adjust horizontal aim and fire.

Edited by hotcakes

OP, I am a master of shotguns. Here's the three easy steps you need to shotgun accurately.

1. Aim center mass with 1PP dot

2. ADS

3. As quickly as you can, adjust horizontal aim and fire.

And i played with it aswell a lot, and I made 2 feedback about how bug it is! Me and other people feel that something still wrong with this gun. But also exist guys don't admit at that.

So if you pro aiming like you stated, plase, Make for us a video and show to us poor mortals how to use it against players. Then come back here and teach others how to shoot, then i'm not typing anymore. i'm gamer since Commodore 64, not an amateur on shooting and being a betatester on BF3, so i can't receive advice on aiming on a game with the physic of a flabby dick, as i can snipe with a mosin with zeroing 800.

Edited by GunnyITA

Ohhhhhhh boyyyyyy..

lets-get-ready-to-rustle.jpg

(This is honestly the best thread a long time)

So my if bead = sight

*clip = mag?

*optic = scope?

*blade = knife?

Why the tautology if a bead is a sight, as a sight a bead, why refer to the article as a bead if it's just a sight? And whatever happened the the mysterious ironsight for the sawn off shotgun that OP struggled with (do they still) Have the search teams returned from green mountain? Will we ever find the sawn off end? This is the hard evidence I feel we need.

General pisstake of this wierd thread aside the article you posted doesn't really back up what you said or at least to the extent you seem to suggest. Slugs are a funny thing. This guy doesn't really run them and certinally not home defense.

"There are two approaches. One is to shoot purely from a tactical aspect, using sights for every shot. But that limits what you can do and how fast you can do it. The other aspect is to learn to shoot a shotgun the way it is designed to be shot. That is, to learn wingshooting techniques and apply them to tactical shooting."

Frankly this "tactical" ascpect is a buzz word.  He mentions sights in relation to tactical and thats it. 'Tactical' means very little to me and is very much overused imo. But hey not American and i'll happily leave tactical semantics wash right over me...

Shotgun aim comes from fit of the stock (cheek piece, castoff and so many other issues its crazy) the rib of the gun and bead(s) or alternate sights. And he didn't cover slug shooting with beads...

Wasn't there was a sawn off in this thread... :P

A bead is a type of sight. Your first argument is just nonsense for the sake of nonsense.

EDIT: Nevermind. You shoot your clays and ducks your way, and I'll stick what I've been trained to do with a shotgun in a fight.

Frankly, as an avid shooter and a veteran, I mistrust anyone who says to not aim down sights when engaging in combat.

Edited by Grindstone

As far as dayz goes, its alpha

Stop that. Stop that bullshit.

• Like 3

Ye...a game that sold over 2 millions of copy before being released is not an alpha in my opinion. Just an excuse to extend the end of a tumor