Sign in to follow this  
Devil's Toast

Weird Unexpected Death. Can someone explain?

I'm sorry if there are loads of topics like this one however this just happen to me now, and if someone can explain to me why it happen, because I'm curious. Thanks

I spend most of the day on the same character, looting, finding items and shotguns, that would make anyone excited. No zombies in my way, nor any other gamer. It was just me and the world. I was in a town for a while and I got bored, I thought I'll travel west, since I read somewhere that west is where most people go. I got my compass out and walked quite a distance. Found a nice big town, no idea what's it called. Went into one of the first buildings. When up the stairs. Nothing special, however I saw a bed, and I saw a video on youtube and he said to check under beds you find good weapons etc. So I went next to the bed, fell down prone, I was facing the door, so no one came in, I saw something shiny under the bed, trying to see what it is, then everything went black, a sentence popped up saying ''You are dead'' , no unconscious no nothing. Also with red letters it said something like '' Your leg feels painful '' in the bottom left corner. I thought it might be a glitch, quickly logged out, then in again, I was respawning. Back to the beginning again. Really disappointed since my character looked as sexy as! And I didn't die from a gunfight or anything so I just felt disappointment 2x. Oh also a bit before that it kept telling me I was hungry, maybe that played a role, but my screen didn't go grey or anything.

That's about it. Hope someone can explain to me, since I am very new at the game.

• Like 1

Glitch death. sometimes when you're upstairs it happens. The clue is you got the "leg is painful" dialogue right as you died. Nothing you can do to prevent it, other than avoid going upstairs. It is pretty rare, only happened to me once in over 400 hours of gameplay.

Glitch death. sometimes when you're upstairs it happens. The clue is you got the "leg is painful" dialogue right as you died. Nothing you can do to prevent it, other than avoid going upstairs. It is pretty rare, only happened to me once in over 400 hours of gameplay.

I suppose that it happens to some more than others, I can't remember last time I died from a player, but I have died quite a lot, and the last 10 deaths or so has been because of this bullshit glitch. That's why I never store anything of value in my pants and I never go upstairs in any building.

• Like 1

This happened to me today! I was in police building looting and suddently i get ''my leg is painful'' message and 5 secs later ''You are dead''

My GF had her leg broken. The server was a bit lagy at the time, im guessing you lagged through the floor and took damage that killed you.

This is more prone to happen in buildings with steep stairs, such as fire stations and the aircraft control tower on the air bases, but apparently it can happen elsewhere, especially when laying down. Here's one issue that sounds a lot like yours where it's being investigated, and laying down is one of the keys to how this particular one happens. Although anywhere with steep stairs I avoid entirely because it's taking a gamble until they fix it. You likely did nothing wrong. Hang in there...

Same thing has happened to just about everyone that has played this game for a few hours or more. Stairs are deadly! watchout for ladders too

I know you paid for this game but you ARE an alpha tester so good job brah B)

I'll gladly take any of these bugs off of anyones hands as I have not experienced random deaths since launch.

Anyone who goes prone to look for loot in a high risk area deserves death....it is better to pass the loot up and find it somewhere else than to get caught with ur pants down

Happened to me twice in the same day in the same room (different town): upstairs police station, left most room near the shelves.

I was able to recover my body the second time thanks to a fortunate spawn... But strangely it was outside the building on a different side than the room: directly behind rather than the left side (if facing front).

Same thing has happened to just about everyone that has played this game for a few hours or more. Stairs are deadly! watchout for ladders too

I know you paid for this game but you ARE an alpha tester so good job brah B)

I am fully aware that I paid for the Alpha, no complaints about that. However having a sexy char and dying for reason just makes you want to quit! And of course 10 minutes later I am on again :P

However the finding no other players is a real negative for me.

Anyways thanks for the advice :) 

I'll gladly take any of these bugs off of anyones hands as I have not experienced random deaths since launch.

Nor me. But I have once had my legs broken by one of those hay barns with the wooden stairs at each end.

This is more prone to happen in buildings with steep stairs, such as fire stations and the aircraft control tower on the air bases, but apparently it can happen elsewhere, especially when laying down. Here's one issue that sounds a lot like yours where it's being investigated, and laying down is one of the keys to how this particular one happens. Although anywhere with steep stairs I avoid entirely because it's taking a gamble until they fix it. You likely did nothing wrong. Hang in there...

But the best loot I got so far, is from upstairs! Oh the horror :/

There are a lot of reasons for this,

Have you gotten bitten by a zombie 30 mins ago? Sometimes you lag out and die after 30 mins of the "supposed" death (Delayed death?)

Also i'll second Eadaif.

There's a possiblity you were infected (dunno if its implemented yet)

Or hmmm probably bleeding, posioned?
You sure you randomly died? It's a bug then. 

But the best loot I got so far, is from upstairs! Oh the horror :/

Yeah, it's a gamble. Best things you can do are:

1. Log your issue. If it's a duplicate, chime in on the original stating what happened to you, and vote it up.
  2. Be careful in buildings, only go up steep stairs when you're sure there's loot, and be careful going prone.

They'll fix it all eventually...

There are a lot of reasons for this,

Have you gotten bitten by a zombie 30 mins ago? Sometimes you lag out and die after 30 mins of the "supposed" death (Delayed death?)

Also i'll second Eadaif.

There's a possiblity you were infected (dunno if its implemented yet)

Or hmmm probably bleeding, posioned?

You sure you randomly died? It's a bug then. 

Yeah, I have come to a conclusion that it is a bug after researching it. Oh well, it's the Alpha I guess :/

• Like 1

Yeah, it's a gamble. Best things you can do are:

1. Log your issue. If it's a duplicate, chime in on the original stating what happened to you, and vote it up.
  2. Be careful in buildings, only go up steep stairs when you're sure there's loot, and be careful going prone.

They'll fix it all eventually...

Someone already logged it

Oh well, as you said eventually they will fix it! One day it's going to be a great game, and hopefully everyone that played the Alpha with some patience will be rewarded! 

• Like 2

Nor me. But I have once had my legs broken by one of those hay barns with the wooden stairs at each end.

Those barns have killed me twice in the past 24 hours. Absolutely fatal. Not even a broken leg, just 'You are dead...'. I was crouched both times. The factory building sites are pretty dodgy too. I used to think it had something to do with running two rifles, but not so sure now.

The first char was as well geared as I've ever been in about three months of playing the game - perfect M4, perfect kit, grenades, etc. No more going upstairs for me. The Alpha Gods have spoken.

My GF had her leg broken. The server was a bit lagy at the time, im guessing you lagged through the floor and took damage that killed you.

This is exactly what a friend of mine is thinking, have you ever experienced being hit from a zombie that is swinging for the joy of his life in empty space outside a building, yet he's hitting you? Same as when you try to use a splint or saline bag on a friend that is 50cm away from you it says 'You are too far away'.

I suppose according to the 'server' you are in an entirely different location, thus making what you said possible.