Sign in to follow this  
Halven (DayZ)

What is it that causes it?!

As the topic says, why do you so often not get your weapon, axe or whatever you have on your actionbar up when you press it's keybind?
Sometimes it requires 5+ clicks before coming up and sometimes it doesn't work at all so you need to go in to the inventory and do it manually.
So what causes it?
Im bloody furious now because it just got me killed.

Dunno, but after they fixed the jump/vault button not reacting properly, I have high hopes that it'll be fixed too. Seems very similar.

Not sure if it's placebo, but when I have a problem with switching from gun to axe, I THINK it works better if you first remove the gun, then take out the axe.

Desync and Connection Lag between you (Cilent) and the server.

If at first it doesn't succeed, sometimes it's worth it to try pulling a 1-hand weapon (I love hammers) or just use your fists. Knock the zombie down and then worry about your axe or whatever. If you're dealing with a human though... well that just sucks. :(

I am under the impression that sometimes the command doesn't get trough if you press the key very shortly. When I keep the key pressed a fraction of a second longer the action seems to respond better, but not always.

after they fixed the jump/vault button not reacting properly...

When did they fix that? It's still bollocksed when I play.

• Like 1

When did they fix that? It's still bollocksed when I play.

Ehh can't remember, one of the last ones.

Went from a situation where it would work maybe one in five times to now, where it fails (for me at least) rarely (which I assume is server-being-busy or similar). I don't even fear low fences any longer.

Tested it with three other clowns, and ended up jump-frolicking across an open field.

For me, pressing the button 3 times seems to work most if not all the time. Twice and 4 times aren't good because you often take out the weapon just to put it back. If you have to hit it 5 times, might as well get used to doing it manually as that works all the time.

Ehh can't remember, one of the last ones.

Went from a situation where it would work maybe one in five times to now, where it fails (for me at least) rarely (which I assume is server-being-busy or similar). I don't even fear low fences any longer.

Tested it with three other clowns, and ended up jump-frolicking across an open field.

It works better now, I think since .47. But it still plays up: for example, it'll do a slow step-over when I'm jogging and a running jump when I'm walking, stuff like that. And sometimes it still doesn't work at all without repeated button-bashing.

But yeah, it is better than it was.

takes longer to switch items in hand if you have them at the ready.

worst topic title ever.

It is definitely one of those weird WTF bugs. Every time I hit 'G' my gear menu comes up without fail. Never have to hit an emote key multiple times as well. Drag an drop never fails. Tab will always start a throw. WASD always work too. So WTF is up with 1-0???

Here's a tip though, seems quite reliable so far, pull up your gear menu and then use the number keys to switch. Has only really failed in responsiveness maybe every 1/100.

I no longer use the hotkeys, just quickly open your inventory and drag said item into your hands.

Much faster, and definitely more reliable.