Sign in to follow this  
leemono

.22 weapon

I think the sporter 22 is way too weak. It should, in my opinion, kill someone at a 100m distance in the head.

A scope for the sporter 22 would be very nice.

Any tought guys?

• Like 1

A .22 Long Rifle bullet loses most of its energy by the time it has travelled a 100m, and you'd be lucky if the bullet would lodge itself in a normal wooden plank.

A scope for shorter ranges; sure.

A .22 Long Rifle bullet loses most of its energy by the time it has travelled a 100m, and you'd be lucky if the bullet would lodge itself in a normal wooden plank.

A scope for shorter ranges; sure.

From a pistol, maybe, but from a rifle it would still retain its lethality on some animals.  The problem with distance and the .22 is how light it is, and over increasing range it is increasing susceptible to wind, and to a smaller extent its loss of energy.

I'm not sure about a kill, but a player hit in the hit from 100 yards with a sporter should at least be knocked out.

From a pistol, maybe, but from a rifle it would still retain its lethality on some animals.  The problem with distance and the .22 is how light it is, and over increasing range it is increasing susceptible to wind, and to a smaller extent its loss of energy.

I'm not sure about a kill, but a player hit in the hit from 100 yards with a sporter should at least be knocked out.

A concussion will be likely, but trust me; it will lose too much of its energy to be a assured fatality, unless the person is actually missing a piece of his cranium...

I use .22LR quite a lot for pests around my home, mostly magpies, squirrels and so on. And rarely do I see the expanding ammunition go through a magpie even at 70m

From the rifle it loses about 1/3 of the energy at 100 yd but it's still more powerful than the Amphibian at the muzzle.

• Like 1

I think the sporter 22 is way too weak. It should, in my opinion, kill someone at a 100m distance in the head.

Any tought guys?

.22 lr is substantially stronger than that.

At 300m it still has way way way more than enough power to shoot right through a coconut.

Penetrating a human skull and brain would not be a problem, penetrating a torso and hitting an organ would be even easier.

Then again we can't judge the damage model yet in the game.

It is super early and injuries aren't even in the game yet.

BowedBrilliantGossamerwingedbutterfly.gi

• Like 1

Thank you Bean King, the .22 really needs to be changed closer to somethign realistic, right now it's too weak.

From the rifle it loses about 1/3 of the energy at 100 yd but it's still more powerful than the Amphibian at the muzzle.

Not in DayZ though as the weapon type does not affect damage (yet). But I actually believe the Sporter 22 does kill with a headshot from 100m (it does over shorter distances). And the Amphibia as well - if you were able to hit your targets head that is.

Thank you Bean King, the .22 really needs to be changed closer to somethign realistic, right now it's too weak.

Bean King isn't the username, it's a title given when you reach over 500 posts. That would probably be gibonez you're referring to.

Bean King isn't the username, it's a title given when you reach over 500 posts. That would probably be gibonez you're referring to.

I wouldn't mind being called bean king.

I do have a fondness for legumes in real life, good source of fiber and protein. Easy to prepare and cook. Great to pair with lots of other foods .

I wouldn't mind being called bean king.

I do have a fondness for legumes in real life, good source of fiber and protein. Easy to prepare and cook. Great to pair with lots of other foods .

But then we're all the Bean King :P.

Beans are definitely lovely foods, especially with pork.

But then we're all the Bean King :P.

Beans are definitely lovely foods, especially with pork.

I prefer them refried on some bread as a spread for a sammich.

• Like 1

Any tought guys?

The "Sporter 22" is the DayZ's ingame version of the real life Ruger 10/22. In fact, I happen to own a Ruger 10/22 for target practice at the gun club I currently attend,

Firstly yes a scope on a Ruger 10/22 has been done and can be done. But it's not necessary because it's not intended as an offensive weapon. It's intended as a target practice rifle or small bore for small vermin. 

And secondly, in no way is the Ruger nerfed in this game. I'd even go as far to say it's spot on accurate. That's how they are buddy.

Sources: FAC/SGC owner.

I was really looking forward to the sporter [based off the 10/22 a very, very customizable weapon IRL] and was disappointed when it was added, with terrible weapon sounds, no attachment options and completely unrealistic damage.

• Like 1

I remember seeing a thing that Gews may have actually shown me.

A .22 hit somebody in the knee, and it ricocheted off his knee all around the inside of his body and into his head.

A Ruger 10/22 is a gun and no guns killing potential is to be laughed at.

Edited by AP_Norris