Bigbadchuck

101 vs AKM

It isn't nerd rage, I am calmly explaining facts in this shitty game. I just don't like people who lie. You can prefer AKM over 101 with any reason you want, but if you say that AKM is more accurate than 101, then it is lying. I prefer m4 over AK101 despite the fact that AK101 is more accurate than m4, for example. But you don't see me claiming how m4 is more accurate than a mosin, do you?

I know the ballistics tables in DayZ are heavily flawed and very unrealistic so in real life I like the 7.62 x 39 cartridge much better than I like the 5.56 x 45 NATO cartridge. And that is because of its 123 grain FMJ flat base steel core spritzer bullet. 

The most common ammunition for the AK101 would be the 62grain boat tail  FMJ SS109 cartridge. That cartridge's projectile leaves the muzzle of the AK101s 16.3 inch barrel at 3026 feet per second. From a 20 inch M16A2 barrel that same bullet exits the Muzzle at 3100 feet per second and from an M4A1's 14.5 inch barrel the slug will be moving at 2990 feet per second. 

The SS109 projectile has these characteristics.

Sectional Density 0.177

Ballistics Coefficient 0.307

The 123 gr 7.62 x 39 projectile has these characteristics. 

Sectional Density 0.183

Ballistics Coefficient 0.266

Ballistics data from:  http://www.hornady.com/ballistics-resource/ballistics-calculator

(Note both weapons (AKM and AK101 will be given a 300 yard zeros)

...........Range...Velocity......Energy.......Trajectory

AK101 Muzzle 3026 fps /// 1261ft lbs /// -1.5" 

AK101 100yds 2719 fps ///1261ft lbs /// +4.1"

AK101 200yds 2432 fps /// .814ft lbs /// +5.0"

AK101 300yds 2163 fps ///...644ft lbs /// +-  0"

AK101 500yds 1680 fps ///...389ft lbs /// -34.5"

AK101 800yds 1153 fps ///...183ft lbs /// -190.9" 

5.56 x 45 ss109 slug goes subsonic at appx 820 yards 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AKM  Muzzle...2429 fps /// 1611ft lbs /// -1.5"  

AKM   100yds 2120 fps /// 1227ft lbs /// +7.7"  

AKM   200yds 1835 fps ///...920ft lbs /// +9.1"  

AKM   300yds 1578fps ///... 680ft lbs /// +- 0"  

AKM   500yds 1179fps ///....380ft lbs /// -103.6"                                  

AKM   800yds   913fps ///....227ft lbs /// -426.8"

7.62 x 39's  slug goes subsonic at appx 525 yards.

With respect to real world accuracy there is little to choose from between the AKM and the AK101 or AK74 since they all suffer from a short sight radius, the loose tolerances that are built into the weapons to make them less prone to stoppages, and the recoiling mass of their heavy bolts, bolt carriers and attached long stroke pistons. Those are the things that cause the AK series to have a rather lot of 'harmonic imbalance' in the system. Well made AK series weapons can consistently deliver 4 to 5 MOA accuracy. Is that good? No not really. that means that the best you can expect with high grade ammunition and a good well maintained rifle is a 4" group at 100yds, an 8 inch group at 200yds, a 12" group at 300yds, a 16" group at 400, a 20" group at 500 and if you take it out to 800 yards the AKM will be shooting groups that are well in excess of 40 inches because beyond 500 to 600 yards when the bullet that is shaped for supersonic flight is at a transonic or subsonic velocity and is losing stability rapidly. The AK101 is indeed better at longer ranges than the AKM because its slugs are moving at super sonic speeds out to 800yds but an AK101 group that is 32" across is crap. M16A2s, FN FALs, HKs and many other weapons can deliver 2MOA groups. and that means that  you get groups that are:

2"@100yds,

4" @ 200yds,

6" @ 300yds

8" @ 400 yds

10"@ 500yds,

12"@ 600yds,

14"@ 700,yds

16" @ 800.yds

And no in Real Life  the addition of a PSO-1 scope will not make any AKM pattern rifle more accurate or extend its exterior ballistics. It will only improve the shooters performance.

But there is one thing you can be sure of, the in-game AK101 is not 10 times as accurate as the AKM with identical peripherals as some yokel suggested, in fact the table that guy posted a link to groups the AKM and AK101 together as identical items with the exception of recoil and the resulting sight displacement (not actually covered in the table).and giving the AKM/AK101 the lowest dispersion (highest accuracy) with or without a bipod in the game is a rather hilarious joke or the guys that set up the dispersion table were either ignorant or biased. In any case the real AK101 went over like a lead balloon and only 25,000 have been produced. Compare that to the tens of Millions of AKMs that have been produced. The AK101 is was it is a cheap option to meet the ammo commonality requirement of NATO.

• Like 3

oh boy time for the slam dunk 

Both guns have the same dexterity rating so they turn the same.

The AK101 and the AKM have the same base dispersion.

However, the furnitures have different dispersion modifiers.

The most accurate AK parts are the AK101's plastic furniture and a bipod glitched on using a rail.

7.62x39 is 41% stronger than 5.56.

AKM/AK101 base dispersion:0.0015;
ak101 stock dispersionModifier = -0.00025;
AK101 plastic guard dispersionModifier = -0.00015;
AKM wood stock dispersionModifier = -0.0002;
AKM folding dispersionModifier = -0.00015;
AKM rail dispersionModifier = -0.000125;

bipod stats
dispersionModifier = -0.00025
dexterityModifier (affects gun turning rate) = -0.2;

AK + AK101 plastic stock + plastic hand guard + glitched bipod active = 2.924 MOA
AK + AK101 plastic stock + rail + active bipod = 3.01 MOA 
AK with AK101 parts (stock AK101) = 3.7 MOA
AK with rail + wood stock = 4.042 MOA
AK with rail + folding = 4.2 MOA
AK with wooden parts (stock AKM): 4.472 MOA

Mounted PSO accuracy bonus (apply this number yourself): -0.43 MOA

The AK101's only advantage over the AKM is better starting furniture. Use the AKM. If you find an AK101, steal its plastic parts to make your AKM more accurate. You want your gun to look like this with a PSO on:

ifqcFru9n3JdH.jpg

Trivia: An M4 with a bipod + magpul parts + suppressor + ACOG is 2.58 MOA.
Edited by hotcakes
  • Like 4

Another kid who never tested guns and talks shit. I will use caps, since you have glasses and can't read properly: TRY THE AK101 AND AKM WITH SAME PARTS AND SAME DISTANCE. THEN TELL ME HOW SIMILAR THEY ARE, Outlock. It is not "supposedly lower recoil". Why show your lack of knowledge of the game when you haven't even played with both guns? I mean, why? It is not rocket's science, it is very simple to test it in game yourself.

Another funny canard:

"7.62x39 is 41% stronger than 5.56."

whahahaha somehow I oneshot kill players with ak101 and m4 easily. Not one time, but everytime. Freshie, or geared, doesn't matter.

Another kid who never tested guns and talks shit. I will use caps, since you have glasses and can't read properly: TRY THE AK101 AND AKM WITH SAME PARTS AND SAME DISTANCE. THEN TELL ME HOW SIMILAR THEY ARE, Outlock. It is not "supposedly lower recoil". Why show your lack of knowledge of the game when you haven't even played with both guns? I mean, why? It is not rocket's science, it is very simple to test it in game yourself.

Another funny canard:

"7.62x39 is 41% stronger than 5.56."

whahahaha somehow I oneshot kill players with ak101 and m4 easily. Not one time, but everytime. Freshie, or geared, doesn't matter.

what are you arguing about, me or the stats copypasta'd form the game?

AYYYY LMAOOOOOOOOOOO

• Like 5

Arguing that it seems you never played the game. I am done repeating myself.

are you drunk like i am

• Like 1

Being drunk is no excuse to posting shit out of your ass. All I care is truth about the fact that AK101 in 48 patch is way more accurate than AKM in actual game. I personally always preferred m4, though. In terms of accuracy at mid to long ranges, Mosin ~ AK101 > m4 > AKM.

Edited by MaxRain

Being drunk is no excuse to posting shit out of your ass. All I care is truth about the fact that AK101 in 48 patch is way more accurate than AKM in actual game. I personally always preferred m4, though. In terms of accuracy at mid to long ranges, Mosin ~ AK101 > m4 > AKM.

you clearly can't read

The AK101 and the AKM have the same base dispersion.
However, the furnitures have different dispersion modifiers.

the furniture is completely interchangeable too so they can have the exact same accuracy

i can't think of an insult good enough for you. maybe go back to reading comprehension 101?
  • Like 1

:) tell me about it.... when you test it.

why do i have to test stats when i can pull them from the game files

this is like that AKM initial release where everyone said it had shit accuracy but was actually nospread

you're dumb and you should feel that way for trying to weasel out of this one

• Like 3

Nerd rage wayyyyyy over 9000

Please stop trolling if you are not going to add anything to the topic. At least they are arguing about stats.

You just post to take jabs. 

On topic: I like the Ak101 better because of it's looks. Also, WOBO claimed it's the better weapon and I love that guy.

Edited by YFAL Putipuelko
  • Like 2

Please stop trolling if you are not going to add anything to the topic. At least they are arguing about stats.

On topic: I like the Ak101 better because of it's looks. Also, WOBO claimed it's the better weapon and I love that guy.

WOBO tends to be wrong. Like that one time he argued that an item with no ballistic protection was better than an item with protection.

• Like 2

Eh, I tried earlier in the thread to encourage posting of stats instead of I LIKE AK101 RAWRRRRR. Got a semi confused rage post in reply so, yes I am poking at the kid.

Nothing else you can do with someone so convinced they are right. They won't actually read what is posted(as shown on last page).

Edited by hellcane

And here's how you calculate percent difference in damage between the ammo types (I learned this from Gews). 

7.62x39 has a damage rating of 9.5.

5.56 has a damage rating of 8.

(9.5/8)^2 = 1.41

All you have to do is multiply that with the base damage values (5.56's) of blood/health/shock to find out how much damage ammo does. 

Voila, have some stats.

Round Shock (Head)| Shock| Blood| Health| Bleed Chance| Airspeed (m/s)| Stack Limit (rnds)    

7.62x39mm 28,200 705 -705 282 2.82 730 20    

5.56x45mm 20,000 500 -500 -200 2 884 30    

Edited by hotcakes
  • Like 2

I hope this post does not violate the spirit of Boneboys wise edict. If it does, I will remove it instantly upon request and replace it with an apology.  

I will just say that I am just as pleased as punch to wield either Stormbringer (The AKM) or Mournblade, (the AK101) but I just can't buy the claim made by  Mr.  MaxRain that says and I quote, "AK101 is almost ten times moe accurate than AKM and has much less recoil." 

"much less recoil".....Granted! 

"AK101 is almost ten times moe accurate than AKM ".....On This Point I Must Raise The Bullshit Flag.

•If the AKM had an accuracy of  3 MOA then its 100 yard print would be a circle 3 inches in diameter. At 1000yards the circle becomes 30" in diameter.

•If the AK101 is indeed 10 times as accurate as the AKM then its acuracy is  3/10ths MOA and its 100 yard print is  3/10ths of an inch in diameter and at 1000yards the circle becomes 3" in diameter.

According to his claim MaxRain can apparently send all of his rounds from an AK101 through a circle no bigger than the mouth of a coffee cup at 1000yards......why, that's awesome!!!! 

Buuuut.......Actually only bench rest guns like this 70-lb IBS Heavy Gun can deliver that kind of accuracy  

Baer620top.jpg

So MaxRain has made an extraordinary claim based on his 'extensive testing' and as they say extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

I challenge MaxRain to publish a complete account of his testing data, his methods, and his precise data collection procedures.  

Edited by Xbow
  • Like 5

Not to mention a rifle like that giving that kind of accuracy costs tens of thousands and fully custom made.

The most accurate rifle I own has a 0,5 MOA and that, along with the scope, cost me a small fortune.

Xbow beans for you sir. :D

• Like 1

Not to mention a rifle like that giving that kind of accuracy costs tens of thousands and fully custom made.

The most accurate rifle I own has a 0,5 MOA and that, along with the scope, cost me a small fortune.

Xbow beans for you sir. :D

I'll bet the rifle in the picture did cost at least $10,000 to $15,000 skins. 

My most accurate rifle is my customized pillar bedded Remington model 700 in 7 x 57 Mauser Ackley improved  with a Stainless Steel ER Shaw 26" straight fluted full bull barrel that has delivered 1/2 MOA.  The only two bullets I use for this pill launcher are the:   

Berger 180gr .284 VLDs that sport a ballistic coefficient of .659 

and  

Sierra  180gr .284 HPBT MatchKings  that sport a ballistic coefficient of .660 

I get close to  1/2-moa accuracy with the rifle and my hand loads and I don't push either of these slugs faster than 2650 fps BUT!! they both cross the 1000 yard line at appx1500 fps and don't go subsonic until about 1500yards 

I'm thinking of adding a varmint bullet to the mix probably centered around Hornaday's 139gr .284  SST (BC .486) at a conservative 3200 fps they should be explosive on a coyote and have a battle-sight range of 400 yards with a 300 yard zero without touching a turret  B)

And you sir must have some beans!!!

do you english even? It is useless past 500, but usually you won't hit shit passed 200 meters, especially if target is moving. Stay butthurt with your AKM. I succesfully snipe with ak101 passed 800 meters.

Oh dude, I see you went "CALMLY" full r-tard here.

Oh well, bye bye.

Edited by Hombre

I'll bet the rifle in the picture did cost at least $10,000 to $15,000 skins. 

My most accurate rifle is my customized pillar bedded Remington model 700 in 7 x 57 Mauser Ackley improved  with a Stainless Steel ER Shaw 26" straight fluted full bull barrel that has delivered 1/2 MOA.  The only two bullets I use for this pill launcher are the:   

Berger 180gr .284 VLDs that sport a ballistic coefficient of .659 

and  

Sierra  180gr .284 HPBT MatchKings  that sport a ballistic coefficient of .660 

I get close to  1/2-moa accuracy with the rifle and my hand loads and I don't push either of these slugs faster than 2650 fps BUT!! they both cross the 1000 yard line at appx1500 fps and don't go subsonic until about 1500yards 

I'm thinking of adding a varmint bullet to the mix probably centered around Hornaday's 139gr .284  SST (BC .486) at a conservative 3200 fps they should be explosive on a coyote and have a battle-sight range of 400 yards with a 300 yard zero without touching a turret  B)

And you sir must have some beans!!!

I think I felt my pants stir a little there :o 

I've been looking quite closely at getting a Tikka T3 tactical in .308 to add to the collection as the writeups seem quite favourable towards it. I also found a rather nice aftermarket stock to put on from KRG (http://www.kineticresearchgroup.com/products/w3c.php). After that its just a question of a little gunsmithing to polish it up. 

• Like 2