Sign in to follow this  
dragatsuya

Read Only API

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a API that I could utilize for building a program to plot on a map where my character is in Chernarus.  I am a developer, and would like to write something to track my progress on the map as I wander around.  I am not asking for something that will inject anything into the game, but just a "READ ONLY" stream with the map location of my character.

Cheers,

Dragatsuya

• Like 1

Of course there is such a variable as worldspace - however not accessible by the client and that is for a good reason.

I am afraid you will not be able to read this out without risking a ban.

• Like 2

I see your point of use, but it would be to easy to exploit, for instance you could workaround not only tracking your position, but every ones position and since it is a stream, it could be realtime...

I don't know your motives, but the negative uses are far greater than the positive ones. If you are a honest man then I do believe you would make a tracker that only tracks your position, but knowing most of the unskilled people who need hacks in order to survive, I am afraid that such an api won't come out anytime soon. Maybe when the full game (after beta) will become modifiable, maybe then you could write one for your own server?

Although it would be nice if the devs would make it possible to track or draw your routes on the ingame map.

• Like 1

Actually Survivor, the only thing that I would require is my own locations.  I don't care about other peoples locations.  There are a couple different uses for what I am trying to accomplish.  One would be a interactive map that streamers could use in conjunction with their DayZ streams to display a map that tracks their ingame location, another would be for new players to learn the map, and not get lost making their way around the maps.

As stated above, the only location I am interested in in my own, not others in the game.

Drag.

A lot of the fun and a very chalenging aspect of this game is figuring out where you are and then using either a compas or the sun or stars to navigate your way around the map. I think being able to look up where you are would take from this greatly. It would be like survivorman taking a gps with him. Even if you are just using it for your own location it should not be added to the game

• Like 1