Sign in to follow this  
stohnjamos

Best Feeling Ever

So as I was playing on a hardcore server just now, I killed someone right as he walked into the door of an admin building. As we were the only two on the server, I was almost certain that he would be coming after me, so I reloaded to make it sound like I was preoccupied. He was fairly geared, with tons of food, medical equipment, and some other goodies. In fact, I even managed to get a clean headshot on him. 

Now, I felt a little bad for killing him, but I was scared shitless and only had a Mosin, which is basically terrible in close-ranged gunfights. I should have tried to communicate with him, but it's Dog-Eat-Dog in this cruel world of DayZ nowadays.

Anyways, what has everyone's best encounter been like on DayZ, and what did it feel like? Share it, please :'D

Don't blame you at all to be honest. Call me a bandit, but I tend to shoot on sight as every time I've come up against geared people, it ends in my death.

I feel the same way. It's almost a necessity to become a bandit to survive in DayZ now. Everyone takes being friendly suspicious now, just because bandits are crawling all over the map. 

Anywho, I've tried to play different playstyles, but it always ends up with me gaining another couple of rounds, and not in my inventory.

what a wanker tbh, well done sounds like you killed a medic hopping supplies, only 2 of you on the server, open your mouth don't pull the trigger - unless you are a deranged clown in that case hope you at least had the decency to have your payday mask on.  I mourn the person who died, if killing a good person gives you the "best feeling  ever" get your payday mask on.

Edited by Calibre
  • Like 2

Well then.

Best moment I've had... I think one of the very best must have been when I went on experimental when persistance first got implemented and tested out, I went to the hotel tower in Novod to check a note a friend had left, when I got there I met a guy, and as soon as we greeted each other we got shot at by a sniper, we both got down and crawled around on the floor, we built trust with each other by exchanging items and I gave him a Blaze 95 I had dropped in another room as well as a few bullets I could spare.

Then another guy showed up, pretty kitted who was also friendly, gradually more and more people showed up until there were about 5 of us, we then decided to make this hotel tower a safe haven for travellers and new spawns who wanted to get a good start, by giving them everything they needed to survive. (We were still taking fire from time to time from the hill, just putting that out there)

So, we began to put down stockpiles on the tabled on the top floor as well as chemlights and gas lamps, we sent out scavanging parties, recruiting parties and we left a few guards in the tower. At the end we were about 10-13 people, had loads of food, medicine, guns, ammo survival equipment. Man, it was amazing. (We were still taking fire from time to time, at this stage we just laughed everyime we heard bullets hitting the walls 'Oh, Sniper McShitty is at it again!)

Then we got the message about a server restart, so we began addign each other on steam and told everyone to join the same server so we could continue doing this, and the sever did very much restart. And when we joined back, all of our items were there, exactly as we had left them. (My friend's note was still there with all the text he had written on it!) We were all very glad about this and we just continued doing what we were doing until the server crashed/restarted again without warning, and it never showed up in the browser anymore that day. (Can't help but to feel responsible for that due to the excessive amount of items we had at one place).

Some screenshots:

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/576776903120194009/5FFEFC6983BB16307327410385892FDC48BD7CA9/

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/576776903120201290/E4B35F9D02D01A690EE06542EC79E85B8C345BB6/

The best thing about these images is that they were taken early on, should have taken a picture of the ammo/weapons table during the end, we had literally stacks and stacks of bullets and boxes!

That was my greatest moment anyway, the moments that are great in DayZ for me is when you go to and airfield/high risk location and you meet friendly people, or when you meet/see peopel and you can leave the place without either side having blood shed.

• Like 3

I wouldn't call someone a "wanker" so quick, bud. That's probably one of the only times I've ever killed someone without consenting them first. Actually, to be clear, I had almost the same situation happen the other day, with the same character, except I turned the whole thing around. I was about to loot a ghillie tent in tent city at NWAF, and I stumbled across a fully geared player, and he had his weapon out, as did I. Instantly, I put away my gun, and put my hands up and did the friendly wiggle while saying "I'm friendly, I'm not gonna shoot you, bud." I couldn't understand what he was saying, because he sounded like he was speaking another language, but I offered him some food and water, and gave him a morphine, as I had 4 already. We quickly headed our own ways, but I still kept my guard up for other players. I don't normally kill, but the Admin Building situation actually felt pretty good, given the adrenaline rush and the nerves at the same time.

Also, Ted, sounds like an amazing story, I've had something like that happen to me once with the clan I'm in. It feels good to give, though, rather than to take.

You guys should try talking to people more, its more exciting.

You guys should try talking to people more, its more exciting.

The game is a whole lot more fun when interacting with people is more than point and left click.

• Like 3

I'm pretty sure that I don't just point and left click. I don't understand why this thread is turning into a debate of whether to shoot on sight or talk with the player; I will do what I please. Besides, I don't do it normally, which is what I JUST told you guys. Jeeze, I know how to play the game, man.

I do roleplaying most of my freetime. And I can say that I would love to find a group where we could just travel around the server, when it gets night time, just camp in the forest with a fire, tents, etc, and just... Not exactly roleplay, but not "loot loot OMG AKM LOLOLOLO omg KELL HIM!!!1!"

I'm pretty sure that I don't just point and left click. I don't understand why this thread is turning into a debate of whether to shoot on sight or talk with the player; I will do what I please. Besides, I don't do it normally, which is what I JUST told you guys. Jeeze, I know how to play the game, man.

Yes, people here are directly telling you to be a pacifist.

Shooting everyone you see is fun but if that's all you're doing you're really missing out on what the game can be like.

You baddie :3

I don't appreciate the smartass comment, but it's cute. Anyways, I'm not saying anyone is doing anything to make me a pacifist, I'm just trying to understand why it matters so much. It's one kill, that doesn't make me a bandit or a murderer. Why do I even try to communicate with you guys? All you do is criticize -.- Have fun with the convo, guys. :)

1. but I offered him some food and water, and gave him a morphine, as I had 4 already.....

That makes you smell like hopper, and a low pop server hopper as well... I Like That, tell me..do you jump often from server to server?

are you on the west coast? east coast?

Just saying...

(sorry, meds are kicking in...)

Best feeling ever: finding my first heli crash site since SA release with pristine RIS and MP buttstock for my damaged, stock M4 I've been hauling around for 3 weeks.

Found her smoldering on a hill overlooking sosnovka. Easily the most exciting find of the standalone so far.

In an attempt to introduce both my friends to DayZ, they both attempted to kill me with splitting axes for my loot and I ended it all with a mosin shot to a gas pump, killing me and one of my friends. The other died from a secondary explosion while trying to loot my body.

I think I introduced them pretty well.

1. but I offered him some food and water, and gave him a morphine, as I had 4 already.....

That makes you smell like hopper, and a low pop server hopper as well... I Like That, tell me..do you jump often from server to server?

are you on the west coast? east coast?

Just saying...

(sorry, meds are kicking in...)

No, not normally. I just run around the whole map looting for medical equipment and food, as most of the time I am already fully geared except for those items. It's rare that I hop directly from server to server. If I do, it's because of a server restart.

In an attempt to introduce both my friends to DayZ, they both attempted to kill me with splitting axes for my loot and I ended it all with a mosin shot to a gas pump, killing me and one of my friends. The other died from a secondary explosion while trying to loot my body.

I think I introduced them pretty well.

Sounds like a clan member in my clan. He was messing around with a recruit and hit the gas station's tank one time and killed them both. Fun times.

Edited by ruhGz

what a wanker tbh, well done sounds like you killed a medic hopping supplies, only 2 of you on the server, open your mouth don't pull the trigger - unless you are a deranged clown in that case hope you at least had the decency to have your payday mask on.  I mourn the person who died, if killing a good person gives you the "best feeling  ever" get your payday mask on.

Other guy probably would have done the same thing, to be honest. OP said he reloaded his weapon so the other guy would have heard him yet he didn't say anything. Saying that he was a goodly medic is pure conjecture. Who's to say he wasn't picking up food and medical supplies for his bandit clan?. Both the OP and this guy were server hopping, I assume, and neither said anything to the other despite both of them being aware of one another. Only difference is that the OP took the initiative and shot first.

It'd be nice if more people communicated in DayZ. I've often waved at people and generally tried to be friendly only to be either chased with a hatchet or shot in the face. I agree. But to describe the OP as the only one guilty of being uncommunicative and aggressive is inaccurate.

Not sure what my best DayZ experience was. I once shot a guy in the chest when he tried sneaking up on me with a fireaxe. He was only a meter or so away, so any delay probably would have resulted in my death. That really got my heart going. On another occasion I was one of two players on a server, and we bumped into each other at the NEAF. He took me by surprise so I tried to shoot him but I panicked and fucked up. Luckily he was friendly so we looted the rest of the airfield together and then went down to Berezino.

Glad to see someone else somewhat has my side :D 

And BeefBacon, that story is nice. I think we've all had moments where we've fucked up. However, I've never fucked up and end up with the other person actually being friendly. Interesting. :3