battlerhd

Zombies are weak, they need to be stronger...

Everyone knows you shoot a zombie in the head to kill it outright. Body shots are useless so this needs to be reflected in the game.

Ideally the damage model should work like this....

The zombie skeleton has hitpoints.

Weapons deal damage.

No shots to the body will kill a zombie

Weapons can hack off or shoot off body parts

Head shots insta-kill zombies

Zombies with no legs crawl along the floor

zombies with no arms or legs just go "grrrr"

Zombie bites = infected and ur dead

Have any of you ever held a splitting/fire axe? Or shot with a high velocity rifle? Try holding a large splitting/fire axe in your arms, and then try to smash it in to a wall or a tree. Its not like the pillow fight you have with your kid brother/sister. It will do major damage. And for the rifle. Watch a video on you.... or somewhere else. One bullet in the chest will make you see a worms point of view in a second... We dont need the zeds to be stronger. We just need more of them. 

Edited by FragBeer

Everyone knows you shoot a zombie in the head to kill it outright. Body shots are useless so this needs to be reflected in the game.

Ideally the damage model should work like this....

One small thing though what is in Dayz isnt classic dead zombies there infected humans..

That being said many of the principles of your damage model are valid though as an infected rage style human would  not be affected by shock ( shock being the usual killer of humans when injuries have not directly effected vital organs brain heart liver ( liver being a little slower than first 2)

So they should be insta killed by head shot yes they should be able to take several body shots before dying ( possibly slowling the infected with each shot) and they definately should be able to take loss of limb and still be active for a reasonable time till natural blood loss results in its death.

Not sure about bite causing death as well we are immune to the virus ( thats why we are the only normal humans left ) but a realistic infection of unclean wounds (being far more exagerated due to the state of the person bitting us would be good.

• Like 1

One small thing though what is in Dayz isnt classic dead zombies there infected humans..

That being said many of the principles of your damage model are valid though as an infected rage style human would  not be affected by shock ( shock being the usual killer of humans when injuries have not directly effected vital organs brain heart liver ( liver being a little slower than first 2)

So they should be insta killed by head shot yes they should be able to take several body shots before dying ( possibly slowling the infected with each shot) and they definately should be able to take loss of limb and still be active for a reasonable time till natural blood loss results in its death.

Not sure about bite causing death as well we are immune to the virus ( thats why we are the only normal humans left ) but a realistic infection of unclean wounds (being far more exagerated due to the state of the person bitting us would be good.

We're immune? There would be survivors that aren't immune they just didn't get infected unless the infection is in the air - is there even a backstory that's official about this. I never really thought about it beofre...

We're immune? There would be survivors that aren't immune they just didn't get infected unless the infection is in the air - is there even a backstory that's official about this. I never really thought about it beofre...

Backstory there isnt really a solid backstory as such merely some general background info that has been given by devs. The major parts being there infected not undead and that we are immune hence why they have outright rejected the idea of bites turning players into zeds.( no one has said it was airbourne( that i can recall anyway its hard when you have to go on dev tweets here and there etc) but it would be the most logical result knowing the only other fact we do that 99% of the population is infected or dead

I actually wish they would go with an undead style lore for the zeds its much harder to pick holes in because its completely fictional but i certainly would love them to actually write a proper backstory as the only other dev info i have heard was it set in an alternate timeline to armaverse ( so following the same history to the point of dayz then verging away i guess to explain the no zeds in arma 3 in 2035 lol.

• Like 1

Backstory there isnt really a solid backstory as such merely some general background info that has been given by devs. The major parts being there infected not undead and that we are immune hence why they have outright rejected the idea of bites turning players into zeds.( no one has said it was airbourne( that i can recall anyway its hard when you have to go on dev tweets here and there etc) but it would be the most logical result knowing the only other fact we do that 99% of the population is infected or dead

I actually wish they would go with an undead style lore for the zeds its much harder to pick holes in because its completely fictional but i certainly would love them to actually write a proper backstory as the only other dev info i have heard was it set in an alternate timeline to armaverse ( so following the same history to the point of dayz then verging away i guess to explain the no zeds in arma 3 in 2035 lol.

So if it's bite only, then there would be survivors that aren't immune as well. A zed apoc happens now and I'm home I'd be perfectly safe. I'm in the country and my immediate neighbours are 100 yards away, the next are 500 yards. All lighthouse people would be safe too ;)

It does get around having to code it in though :)

• Like 1

Knee capping a fresh spawn who was begging for his life while running from a group zombies is one of my most cherished DayZ memories!

Current zombies aren't exactly conducive to that sort of scenario cropping up often .. But--Zombies are getting better all the time!
I think roaming hordes--or even small roaming packs--- with highly aggressive hunter-killer behavior would add some scary moments, even with the current Zedz.

Edited by Rudette

I can't believe how many people just want to forget about having any more zombies just because DayZ has not been able to optimize and fix them yet. It's like everyone here is just giving up on zombies since we are so used to crappy ones that do not immerse you into the setting of the game.

If zombies were more plentiful, spawned only from the ground as if not moving at first, or they all spawned at server reset....... had better detail and movement.......... came in different shapes and sizes, (like some were very emaciated from not eating for weeks, others were missing a limb or two).....

are you guys seriously telling me that would not make Dayz have a much higher immersion factor as a zombie survival game than if we just allow DayZ to stop working on zombies and only increase PVP?

That's fucking ridiculous. Why just give up on zombies guys? You can still have PVP but why not have incredible immersion factor zombies that add to the fun? Have you not had the fun of seeing several zombies chasing a guy that tried to shoot you? Imagine if they made zombies look better and more plentiful with more dynamic behaviors.........

Edited by hothtimeblues

I can't believe how many people just want to forget about having any more zombies just because DayZ has not been able to optimize and fix them yet. It's like everyone here is just giving up on zombies since we are so used to crappy ones that do not immerse you into the setting of the game.

If zombies were more plentiful, spawned only from the ground as if not moving at first, or they all spawned at server reset....... had better detail and movement.......... came in different shapes and sizes, (like some were very emaciated from not eating for weeks, others were missing a limb or two).....

are you guys seriously telling me that would not make Dayz have a much higher immersion factor as a zombie survival game than if we just allow DayZ to stop working on zombies and only increase PVP?

That's fucking ridiculous. Why just give up on zombies guys? You can still have PVP but why not have incredible immersion factor zombies that add to the fun? Have you not had the fun of seeing several zombies chasing a guy that tried to shoot you? Imagine if they made zombies look better and more plentiful with more dynamic behaviors.........

because ArmaZ is a pvp game, duh  :rolleyes:

because ArmaZ is a pvp game, duh :rolleyes:

I think you are being sarcastic, right? In that case, funny and I agree with the joke.

Edited by hothtimeblues

I think you are being sarcastic, right? In that case, funny and I agree with the joke.

very much sarcastic.  Just wait and see what the devs have in store for us, still months away from beta.