Sign in to follow this  
Xbow

Has a Helmet ever saved your life?

I prefer radar caps, beanies, bandanas or tuques. I wish ballistic helms had helmet covers.

2786.jpg

• Like 2

My green Beret saved me. Was shot by a mosin and I was KO'd. Woke up, retreated and noticed the only thing damaged was my Beret (Which became ruined) I was still Fairly black and white though. Also I ALWAYS CARRY A BIBLE IN MY SHIRT. I have been shot 6 times with an M4 in the chest and managed to drop the guy with the bible being ruined and my hoodie being damaged, I have been shot twice with the blaze at point blank with the bible in my shirt and I only got KO'd (other guy died cause we were shooting at each other), and I have been unloaded with a mag from a FNX and a couple sks shots in the chests with me holding a bible to walk away from it. IDK if the bible does anything but it is certainly my good luck charm and I will always continue to keep a pristine one in my jacket. 

My green Beret saved me. Was shot by a mosin and I was KO'd. Woke up, retreated and noticed the only thing damaged was my Beret (Which became ruined) I was still Fairly black and white though. Also I ALWAYS CARRY A BIBLE IN MY SHIRT. I have been shot 6 times with an M4 in the chest and managed to drop the guy with the bible being ruined and my hoodie being damaged, I have been shot twice with the blaze at point blank with the bible in my shirt and I only got KO'd (other guy died cause we were shooting at each other), and I have been unloaded with a mag from a FNX and a couple sks shots in the chests with me holding a bible to walk away from it. IDK if the bible does anything but it is certainly my good luck charm and I will always continue to keep a pristine one in my jacket. 

:thumbsup: Reminds me of a couple of lines from the film 'Heist' when  Bobby Blane (Delroy Lindo) said words to the effect,

Style_delroy_lindo_t580.jpg?6b5a8256ea9d

"I saw a man hit three times in the center of his chest with a .45 but the Bible that he always carried stopped all the bullets, and had he had another bible in front of his face he would be alive today."  

Edited by Xbow

I was at one of the NWAF hangars and bumped into an enemy, we both started firing into each other and he hit me once to the head with his SKS. I had a pristine ballistic helmet. I was downed unconscious. My buddy, a few steps behind me killed the enemy, bandaged me and when I woke up I saw my helmet was ruined yet the rest of my gear was pristine. Not hard to guess the bullet hit the metal that saved me! :)

A tanker helmet saved me from a longhorn shot to the head.  It knocked me out but I survived.  Was surprised.

I once knelt to shoot a zed at a distance and another unseen ran up and 1 shot killed me. It was the only time I had been hit while kneeling not wearing a helmet. (I had one but was wearing the Red Star hat in vanity)

Since then I always have one on, whenever It gets "Ruined" in one shot I always assume "Just saved my life..."

I know there are stats and people have done tests... but as one scruffy looking nerf herder once said "Never tell me the odds!"

Edited by Spartacus Rex
  • Like 1

Has a helmet ever saved your life?

One pulled me out of a burning building one time.

AND went back in for the cat

• Like 2

Does injecting epinephrine restore all shock "health"?

Just shock damage not blood loss, Health or fractures. But yes it instantly reduces your shock damage to zero. But for blood loss you must eat and drink until you get the healing notice and then keep eating and drinking until you get the stuffed notice. OR get someone to blood bag you (obviously). 

Note: After you get the stuffed notice don't eat or drink until it goes away or you could vomit everything you've eaten and imbibed. 

Blood....Health....Shock (start at 2min and 30 seconds)

Edited by Xbow
  • Like 1

Nope. I tend to wear hats because I like them more and haven't been lesser from it yet, though I'm probably on borrowed time. :P I tend to be shot in the chest, and have had plenty of damaged and badly damaged vests save my life.

• Like 1

I once knelt to shoot a zed at a distance and another unseen ran up and 1 shot killed me. It was the only time I had been hit while kneeling not wearing a helmet. (I had one but was wearing the Red Star hat in vanity)

Since then I always have one on, whenever It gets "Ruined" in one shot I always assume "Just saved my life..."

I know there are stats and people have done tests... but as one scruffy looking nerf herder once said "Never tell me the odds!"

Had the same thing happen twice in two days! I was kneeling in a bush (invisible I thought) and Zeds nailed me in the head both times and my motorcycle helmet was ruined on both occasions but I took only light damage. Apparently kneeling makes it far more likely that your head will be hit (and that makes sense). 

Hell's High I was and am still a green radar hat kind of guy but I carry a pristine Motorcycle helmet and put it on when I go into towns where I know there are always Zeds about. as for getting shot in the head even a ballistic helmet is no guarantee that you wont get killed instantly or knocked out cold. I think a head shot with any rifle cartridge exceeds the defensive capacity of any helmet.  

Edited by Xbow

I learned the hard way that a ballistic helmet wont stop a newbie's fist from knocking me the "F" out........

(should of shot that little turd.....)

lesson learned ;)

Yes aggressive noobs are to be shot the instant they continue to approach after being told to stop or before if they are wearing clown masks :P 

Tanker helmet saved my life, dropped unconscious for a 30s or so. Got shot by mosin back of my head at close range. Only loss was that helmet (pristine -> badly damaged).

Long story short...No, I've never had my life saved by a helmet, but only because I was shot twice.  I was sniped directly in the head with a pristine ballistic helmet and woke back up...Needless to say I wasn't in very good shape and then was promptly shot again, but it did work.  Also, hard hats won't do that for you...but they will keep you from getting knocked out real quick by another player.

Once that I can recall. Worn ballistic helmet vs what I suspect was an SKS shot. 

I Took a Shotgun to the Forehead of the Flight Helmet Entering the Jail at Between Novo and Svet and Survived it

Ruined Helmet and Black and White Vision though

Glad to Be Alive was Definitely Unexpected

Ran Back Out and Never Looked Back

Just Glad the Second Barrel Missed

Curious What the Resistance of the Flight Helmet and Gorka-E Helmets are  Compaired to the ones  Listed here I Will Have to Check out the Wiki to Satisfy Curiosity

Edited by NokyoOkami

There has been more than one time where I walked out of a gun battle and realized my helmet was ruined and probably saved my life. Not too sure on the MASKA, but the MICH is a life saver.

Oh yeah, I remember one time in particular.

Sneaking around Elektro, relatively newspawn (axe, a ballistic helmet and cargo pants), and as I'm passing by the hospital I barely hear a Mosin go off as I go unconscious... woke up two minutes later to some guy trying to loot me, and easily chop his head off with the axe. Mosin was missing one shot, I was nearly out of blood & my helmet was ruined.

They really can save you.

I've survived quite a few headshots with the ballistic helmet. It seems that your mileage with it may vary.

Better yet, press vest. Took like 14-15 rounds of 5.56 with periodical saline bag help from a bud during a nasty battle with a large clan (like nine guys vs us four). Might just be the relative weakness of the 5.56 round, as I've taken a good many and got out A-OK.