Sign in to follow this  
trev186

A Real Hardcore Mode wishlist

Theres a lot of good stuff in there, but because you didnt clean your vagina from all that sand you came here to unload the pressure.

Admit it, you just wanted to bash all hes ideas for no other reason than being a dick.

Yep, because providing a reasonable counter-argument and disagreeing with some (not all, you can quite clearly see I agreed with some of his ideas) of his ideas is equivalent to "bashing all hes ideas for no other reason than being a dick."

I'm not trying to be offensive, and I'm not instigating anything. I simply disagree that some of the values he suggested be made a part of a dedicated hardcore mode, because they're core gameplay features.

I'd rather just most options be toggled rather than set to specific modes anyway, so many of the options I disagree with could simply be made into their own server setting without creating a dedicated mode. That, or they could be made as a part of user mods.

1.       No way to view player names online & possibly no way to view how many players are online in game.

I like to see how many players are in game, because I like populated servers. Would not mind not seeing names though.

b.      At least make it so there is no “Oh player x is online so therefore I think he will camp here” Or “Oh that clan is in game I better avoid Berezino” by hiding the names of players online from all but the admin

DEFINITELY NOT, gives admins more abusive powers :(
2.       No White dot in the center of the screen

Agreed

3.       Make it so that all items aside from those which promise “Ballistic Protection” do not reduce damage done to you

Partially agreed. A stuffed backpack could/should give somewhat of a protection against bullets/ricochets over an empty one. In return it should stress your strength/stamina more according to weight.

4.       If/when a stamina system is added make it so that you tire out quicker than regular

Yes

5.       Less food and safe water sources

Yes, although it's been said that the loot tables are not properly configured yet :)

6.       Bring back the ultra-dark nights!

Yes and no. I can see during the night, especially if there's no clouds. Ones the eyes adjust (40 min or so) you should be able to see to some extend.

7.       Server must run a full 24 hour cycle

Yes, BUT not 24 hours real time, that would not allow players to play on their favorite server in all conditions (dust, dawn, day, night) if they can play only in the evenings for example. 

8.       Make adjusting the range on the weapon/scope require the player to actually adjust the sites

And preferably make it so that it can be adjusted on sights that have this ability, not on any rifle.

9.       Allow for both Third person and First person Hard modes

Since I've gone HC I don't wanna go back :D SO IDK as long as there's a first person only mode

10.   Lock the FOV and Gamma/Brightness settings to server settings

Gamma/Brightness yes, FOV maybe not, because depending on your screen size / distance to the screen it can feel more natural or make people motion sick. Maybe lock it once you're connected to a server? So you can't change it in game?

This is positive criticism bro, I like your way of thinking, make it difficult! Beans!

My addition: 

Make the health system have more impact. If you get shot maybe be able to stumble to safety for a while, but ones the adrenaline wears of you're combat ineffective. Have to take care of your wounds and start a healing process, which should be taking a lot of time and care before you're very mobile again. Right now if you get shot you bandage, use splint/morphine and you're good to go. After winning a firefight you just eat/drink tons and you're healthy within the next 30 min. 

Having the process of being shot taking more time would give a greater sense of accomplishment/survival if it's like this. Even if you don't manage to kill the opponent it would still be a great achievement if you can just get out without getting killed and eventually heal!

Hi,

So on the current exp build .48 the “Hardcore” mode has been changed to “First Person” and Regular has been changed to “Third Person”.

I am hoping this change means that in the future there will be a real Hardcore mode which will do more than just put you in FPS only. Below are some features I would like to see in Hardcore to make the game more noticeable:

1.       No way to view player names online & possibly no way to view how many players are online in game.

a.       Not knowing if a server is empty or not would be good but it has it’s downsides

b.      At least make it so there is no “Oh player x is online so therefore I think he will camp here” Or “Oh that clan is in game I better avoid Berezino” by hiding the names of players online from all but the admin

So yes you shouldn't see the player names of people on the server, I'm good with that. Player number I'm not so convinced by, but I can see the appeal.

2.       No White dot in the center of the screen

a.       This would make aiming without right clicking more difficult

Yes.

3.       Make it so that all items aside from those which promise “Ballistic Protection” do not reduce damage done to you

Not so sure on this one unless we draw a difference between bullet damage and melee damage, slashing vs piercing vs blunt, it might get a bit cumbersome.

4.       If/when a stamina system is added make it so that you tire out quicker than regular

Also, or perhaps in place of this, put a much higher calorie per second cost to strenuous activity that increases as you get more fatigued. Jogging is less calorie efficient than walking and jogging while winded should be worse.

5.       Less food and safe water sources

All water sources seem safe right now, or safer than maybe they should be, so yes.

6.       Bring back the ultra-dark nights!

With a particulate system to make gamma cheating impossible, yes.

7.       Server must run a full 24 hour cycle

a.       Allow restarts but have the server restart at the time the time of day it was when the server went down

Yes and yes.

8.       Make adjusting the range on the weapon/scope require the player to actually adjust the sites

a.       Take more time

b.      Possibly have an animation

c.       Nothing in the corner telling you the perfect range (you need to actually look at the range settings on the weapon)

Not so convinced here, maybe I'm just too used to games like Red Orchestra where dialing is pretty straightforward, though I do like how the weapon animation changes in that game.

9.       Allow for both Third person and First person Hard modes

a.       Potentially  4 different characters on the central hive for all 4 modes

Nah, I just really don't like 3rd person.

10.   Lock the FOV and Gamma/Brightness settings to server settings

People could just adjust their monitors to gamma cheat. Better to have a particulate system to enforce night, above.

What do you guys think of the above or would you like to see ?

Comments in bold.