Sign in to follow this  
Psilocybin

Drinking from well puts me in invisible handcuffs?

Anyone else have this issue? It's pretty damn frustrating haha

Welcome to Dayz patches. The best way to know if there is a new patch is if you see more things broken than are fixed.

All joking aside, yes this is a known problem.

Yeah i've been playing since January (just have been a lurker most of this time), took a few months off, and have been playing again for about a week. First time I've had this problem. Other than that I'm enjoying it :)

If I remember right, drinking anything puts you through the handcuff animation (water bottles, etc)

Do you eventually come out of it or is it more of a random luck situation? lol

Anyone else have this issue? It's pretty damn frustrating haha

Ya its a bug. But don't quit on us yet ;). (Yet another reference wait for it) Unlike that other guy who raged on the forums yesterday XD

Welcome to Dayz patches. The best way to know if there is a new patch is if you see more things broken than are fixed.

All joking aside, yes this is a known problem.

..etc.....

OK people what causes this is:

You have been playing Experimental and you are running version 0.48

But at present you are playing Stable

Stable is version 0.47

Go into Steam, into DayZ properties, and opt out of Beta versions. Steam will re-download version 0.47 for you.

(takes 1-2 mins)

Then the stable game will run perfectly. When you want to play Experimental, opt in and reload version 0.48.

When you open DayZ game look at the top right-hand corner of your screen, the Version Number appears there.

You are all playing Standard but running Experimental 0.48

OK ??

enjoy

Edited by pilgrim
  • Like 2

..etc.....

OK people what causes this is:

You have been playing Experimental and you are running version 0.48

But at present you are playing Stable

Stable is version 0.47

Go into Steam, into DayZ properties, and opt out of Beta versions. Steam will re-download version 0.47 for you.

(takes 1-2 mins)

Then the stable game will run perfectly. When you want to play Experimental, opt in and reload version 0.48.

When you open DayZ game look at the top right-hand corner of your screen, the Version Number appears there.

You are all playing Standard but running Experimental 0.48

OK ??

enjoy

Ahh, okay. That makes sense. My only concern is would re-downloading .47 have any effect on the hive save for my character I've been playing on the stable server?

Ahh, okay. That makes sense. My only concern is would re-downloading .47 have any effect on the hive save for my character I've been playing on the stable server?

No - no problem.

Go to Steam Library, right click on the DayZ game, choose Properties .. in there choose the Beta tab and select "opt out" of Beta versions.

As soon as you do this you see the little downloading line at the bottom of the window, and in less than 1 min the game is ready to go.

All your game position and equipment remains the same - it is all stored on the server.

Then later "opt in" to beta with the same process as above if you want to play Experimental.

As long as you are playing on Stable, your character will be saved even if you load up the next version of Stable.. anytime you are on Stable, the char is saved in the "stable Hive" (if there's a problem, as happens occasionally - it is with the servers or the hive)

Also if you play Experimental, you have an "experimental character" saved in the "experimental Hive" so in fact you can have 2 characters, saved in 2 diff hives. They are seperate.

Is cool, because on Experimental you can (for instance) run that character around around and act the fool - no trousers etc - or experiment, and still have your serious survivor character safe on the Stable Hive, for when you go back there.

So you should always find your character and his gear and location stored on the Hive, whatever happens to your software at home.

This is the theory at least.

xx

Edited by pilgrim