Sign in to follow this  
MG9207

Char' restart & campers....

Shit boy, I just tiped a lot of arguments and this is the best you got?

What, I should be a carebear then? I should play like you, then I'll be doing right? See, I don't even KoS but you makes me want to lol. I said it doesnt even fit my playstile, I'm talking about why KoS is such a common thing and makes total sense to be so common in the situation Chernarus is (chaos). Maybe you should go play some The Sims maine, L4D is a good call too...

Or maybe you should just shut the fuck up because your not going anywhere with this.

Point being if you dont get your damned head out of that mind set as well as half the other ppl than the game will never progress past anything but a KOS fuck fest.

Idk man you seem to know more about carebears than me. And besides whens the last time you ever just fucking walked up to some one and shot them in the face point blank even in a chaotic situation? Would you even have the balls to not try to help some one out and to do something totally douchbag like that?

Edited by Deathlove

Or maybe you should just shut the fuck up because your not going anywhere with this.

Point being if you dont get your damned head out of that mind set as well as half the other ppl than the game will never progress past anything but a KOS fuck fest.

Wow such argument 10/10

I can justify KoS, you are failing to defend your point dude. Get your shit together if you want to debate something, being agressive doesn't make you right lol.

"I don't like KoS so its bad and you suck, plus play like me and the game will be great"

Indeed very funny.

So you expect players to run around unarmed or with shit weapons when fighting infected? I find some of the higher end weapons to be better in dealing with them over some of the lower grade guns. The only place you get get allot of the stuff INCLUDING civilian weapon magazines for allot of weapons is still at military. In .48 that is changing a bit but still a majority of the heavy firearms are still in those areas. My main opponent is the infected not players.

You can't handle the infected with a Mosin or sks? I find that hard to believe. And even if that was the case, you're still in direct competition with other survivors for the same supples. You've failed to refute my point.

Wow such argument 10/10

I can justify KoS, you are failing to defend your point dude. Get your shit together if you want to debate something, being agressive doesn't make you right lol.

"I don't like KoS so its bad and you suck, plus play like me and the game will be great"

Indeed very funny.

No but its apparent you get you get your kicks out of the PVP aspects. Nothing can be done to change that mind set.

You can't handle the infected with a Mosin or sks? I find that hard to believe. And even if that was the case, you're still in direct competition with other survivors for the same supples. You've failed to refute my point.

Mosins and SKS is fine for long and mid ranged fights but for more than one you want something with more rounds like an AR or AK. Anything APC pistol is good but again at the moment the only definitive spots are military. It would be nice to find these items outside of the normal spots. More rare but it would free up traffic on high loot areas a bit for ppl that don't want to engage in that nonsense. It just should take a little longer to find them.

I was on my way to Balota airfield the other day... And was booking it between from tree to tree and between bushes heading there from the Komorovo side and I spotted someone running in the open I hit the deck as I thought they saw me... Left my SKS on my back and waited to see of they had seen me.

It became apparent they had not because they ran right past me and I decided to chance fate and hello from under the bush I was hiding... I said I was not threat and they stopped looked for me and still could not see me. They raised their hands and stayed in the open I guided them to where I lying in the grass and moved to where I can be seen...

I thought for sure I was going to be shot... To my surprise he offered me a loaded ak 101... I asked him why he said he had one already and put down in front of me... Turned and ran away...

I got up and picked it up out of the grass and again waited to be shot.... It never came... I pulled out my binos and watched him leave.

Picked up the ak101 again and carried on to the airfield.

That has been my first experience with someone else's generousity in the game so far. There are good people that play, I'd rather be killed than KOS someone...

• Like 1

Idk man you seem to know more about carebears than me. And besides whens the last time you ever just fucking walked up to some one and shot them in the face point blank even in a chaotic situation? Would you even have the balls to not try to help some one out and to do something totally douchbag like that?

If the player is an immediate threat to me (tacticool operators m4 fags), I KoS without even thinking twice, fuck him. If he doesn't, I sneak past him if I have a nice gear ( its a waste of a bullet to kill him) or if I don't have, then I try to make contact because I got nothing to lose and could get a partner.

Its not like KoS is the same thing as camping at the shore waiting for fresh respawns and being a asshole. Its a valid tactic that makes full sense. I use it to some extent, some other people just rather be safe then sorry, who can blame them.

I get my kicks even just wandering through the map, which is the thing I actually most do.

Edited by Avant-Garde

I was on my way to Balota airfield the other day... And was booking it between from tree to tree and between bushes heading there from the Komorovo side and I spotted someone running in the open I hit the deck as I thought they saw me... Left my SKS on my back and waited to see of they had seen me.

It became apparent they had not because they ran right past me and I decided to chance fate and hello from under the bush I was hiding... I said I was not threat and they stopped looked for me and still could not see me. They raised their hands and stayed in the open I guided them to where I lying in the grass and moved to where I can be seen...

I thought for sure I was going to be shot... To my surprise he offered me a loaded ak 101... I asked him why he said he had one already and put down in front of me... Turned and ran away...

I got up and picked it up out of the grass and again waited to be shot.... It never came... I pulled out my binos and watched him leave.

Picked up the ak101 again and carried on to the airfield.

That has been my first experience with someone else's generousity in the game so far. There are good people that play, I'd rather be killed than KOS someone...

You get the AKM scope for that thing and you can do some serious damage to infected from long distance.

Mosins and SKS is fine for long and mid ranged fights but for more than one you want something with more rounds like an AR or AK. Anything APC pistol is good but again at the moment the only definitive spots are military. It would be nice to find these items outside of the normal spots. More rare but it would free up traffic on high loot areas a bit for ppl that don't want to engage in that nonsense. It just should take a little longer to find them.

So what do you suggest I do when I have an sks and I see another guy walking off with the AKM I want? Let him go and get eaten by zombies?

So what do you suggest I do when I have an sks and I see another guy walking off with the AKM I want? Let him go and get eaten by zombies?

Not sure but if i read right on the Dev tracker you might want to look into the ashwood bow since i guess there tweaking the damage or whatever when the improvised arrows pop up.

I can't recall asking for your opinion so keep them for yourself next time,

if they can't have any constructive crticism as; telling me what i actually did, why it went that way and that's a nono in Day z to do it....

I would actually had benefit anything from your comment, being not so....you're only assuming. 

Which tell me you're pretty shady yourself....to assume false things about other people. (y)

With this being said, i'll no further continue any communication whatsoever with you for the sake of the forum rules.

If you'd have played the mod you'd have known what a pain in the ass combat loggers were. You tried to do what they did and now you get to start over. I do not feel bad for you. You tried to combat log in a military base - because you don't like the high risk that comes with the good loot.

Also, what's with this "ONLY MY OPINION MAY BE HEARD! THIS IS MY THREAD!" attitude? It's a forum man. Don't let people disagreeing get to you.

• Like 1

Than your mind set is in the wrong kind of game in general. You should be playing something more suited to the taste of shooting nothing but humans than.

So your the one to tell us which mind set it suited for DayZ? Get the fuck over yourself DayZ allows KoS, in case you hadn't noticed its a valid playstyle and the Devs are doing shit to restrict it. People are the real threat in this game not the infected, people whom when given the opertunity will shoot you in the face without second thought. You beter learn to deal with it instead of whining about it on the forum every chance you get.

So your the one to tell us which mind set it suited for DayZ? Get the fuck over yourself DayZ allows KoS, in case you hadn't noticed its a valid playstyle and the Devs are doing shit to restrict it. People are the real threat in this game not the infected, people whom when given the opertunity will shoot you in the face without second thought. You beter learn to deal with it instead of whining about it on the forum every chance you get.

Oh i deal with it. But that doesn't mean i don't have to stop expressing my distaste in it on the forums because a couple of guys like you don't want to hear it. The infected should be the man threat. There should never be talk of they are not.

Calm it right down, guys.

Now.

If I have to come back, there's going to be some suspensions.

Discuss dont insult.

L

• Like 3

Look... a new player didn't understand the mechanics. Instead of reveling in his loss we should probably explain to him what happened and the history behind it. 

In the old Mod and even in SA people would do what we call "Combat Logging". When firefights would break out there are a group of people that would panic and log out of the server. Because of he hive system they can then log into a different server and run away. Thus they don't really ever risk anything. This is seen as shady and unfair to those who would actually stick on the server and use tactics to maneuver. Combat loggers would often kill people they had the jump on, but then log off when it wasn't in their favor or they got surprised in turn. 

Because this is considered poor sportsmanship the developers built a control for it into the game. When you log off the game your character is actually still in the game for 30 seconds. If you die within that time frame the game will consider you dead and the next time you log in it is as if you died and respawned. This also happens if you log out while handcuffed or unconscious. This prevents people from logging out, logging into a "safe" server and unbinding or waiting to wake up. 

Otherwise it was far too easy to preserve your character with a quick disconnect and the game couldn't tell the difference between an honest one and someone just pulling out the network plug or Alt-F4'ing. So if you have power issues or lightning in your location might be a good idea to log off or not go into any dangerous areas during that time.

• Like 4

Look... a new player didn't understand the mechanics. Instead of reveling in his loss we should probably explain to him what happened and the history behind it. 

In the old Mod and even in SA people would do what we call "Combat Logging". When firefights would break out there are a group of people that would panic and log out of the server. Because of he hive system they can then log into a different server and run away. Thus they don't really ever risk anything. This is seen as shady and unfair to those who would actually stick on the server and use tactics to maneuver. Combat loggers would often kill people they had the jump on, but then log off when it wasn't in their favor or they got surprised in turn. 

Because this is considered poor sportsmanship the developers built a control for it into the game. When you log off the game your character is actually still in the game for 30 seconds. If you die within that time frame the game will consider you dead and the next time you log in it is as if you died and respawned. This also happens if you log out while handcuffed or unconscious. This prevents people from logging out, logging into a "safe" server and unbinding or waiting to wake up. 

Otherwise it was far too easy to preserve your character with a quick disconnect and the game couldn't tell the difference between an honest one and someone just pulling out the network plug or Alt-F4'ing. So if you have power issues or lightning in your location might be a good idea to log off or not go into any dangerous areas during that time.

Thats much better than what everyone was doing to the poor OP.

• Like 2

The only shady ppl are hackers.

Don't start calling ppl out because there trying to escape some jackass ass KOSer thats making the game worse than what it already fucking is. KOSers are the scum and disease of this game period. As long as KOS is rampant in this game NO form of survival mechanics used in this game will keep it from being nothing more than a generic shooter.

In a real life apocalypse KOSers is what most of the planet will become...it's realism, suck it up and deal with it....combat logging is not a real life option, learn to play the game without cheating (aka combat logging).

• Like 1

In a real life apocalypse KOSers is what most of the planet will become...it's realism, suck it up and deal with it....combat logging is not a real life option, learn to play the game without cheating (aka combat logging).

In a real life apocalypse KoS will end up killing the doctor/mechanic/chemist who might have skills they will need to survive at a later time and cut their own throats while those who make cautious contact might thrive. 

• Like 1

In a real life apocalypse KoS will end up killing the doctor/mechanic/chemist who might have skills they will need to survive at a later time and cut their own throats while those who make cautious contact might thrive. 

Its not because someone is a doctor/mechanic/chemist that they will not be a threat to you. It's not so simple I would say.

Its not because someone is a doctor/mechanic/chemist that they will not be a threat to you. It's not so simple I would say.

KoS... Kill on Sight. So shooting someone just because you caught sight of them. That equates to stupidity in an end of the world situation since everyone has to sleep sometime and having someone around who can take a turn at watch while you do so will save your life. On top of that not everyone has the same set of skills and having a diverse set of skills in your group can mean the difference between survival and death. I have no illusions that in an apocalypse I would not have to kill people, but I am not dim enough to think that killing people without approaching them is a way to advance my chances of survival. Avoidance and observation go a lot further than KoS. 

KoS... Kill on Sight. So shooting someone just because you caught sight of them. That equates to stupidity in an end of the world situation since everyone has to sleep sometime and having someone around who can take a turn at watch while you do so will save your life. On top of that not everyone has the same set of skills and having a diverse set of skills in your group can mean the difference between survival and death. I have no illusions that in an apocalypse I would not have to kill people, but I am not dim enough to think that killing people without approaching them is a way to advance my chances of survival. Avoidance and observation go a lot further than KoS. 

Well that is true, but the situation ingame is really diferent. You see someone with a mosing on his back and a m4 in his hand, no way in hell I would try to comunicate with this person and if I'm in need of resources/ammo/weapons I would gladly kill him on sight.

Oh also, in an end of the world situation there would be many groups. I belive that KoS would still happen a lot.

Edited by Avant-Garde

A combat logger complains about a camper.... LOL!!!!

Thank you for restoring my faith in Karma.

• Like 1

Ooh okay i see now. Wel it whas not my intent to ''combat logg'' i just realy freaked out badly and logged out.

After a few seconds of cool down i just re-entered the server and noticed my player whas gone so i didn't know whas up with that ?. 

And thanks for explaining me....atleast there are some people with maturity and intelligence to have a convo' with :P

Btw is there a thread eventually with Day z terms i should know ?.

In case so i can prevent threads like  these again in the future :P 

Thats much better than what everyone was doing to the poor OP.

Don't mind it dude....Explaining in a very simple and calm way seems to be a very hard task for certain people.

;) 

Never-argue-with-a-fool.jpg

Don't mind it dude....Explaining in a very simple and calm way seems to be a very hard task for certain people.

Well, try and see it from everyone else's perspective. In the mod days, countless times someone spotted some shitbag sniper killing fresh spawns in the mod and missed the first shot, BAM, combatlog. All the times someone opens fire, kills one in your group, you advance, surround an then, BAM, combatlog.

Since there wasn't the possibility of making the timeout, combat logging was fought through flame wars, accusations, screen shots and hardy admins reading through waaay too many server logs. The combat logger was a burden. Unwanted, unliked and untouchable.

Then you show up going "Are you fucking serious, combat logging doesn't work!!!" (nope, not exactly what you wrote, but I do think it carries the gist of it). Naturally everyone jumps at you. FINALLY combat loggers are punished for their deeds, and now the have the balls to actually complain that they can't get to do it?

Guess most people didn't even consider the possibility that you didn't know what combat logging was and how and why it was disliked. Sure I think most people will understand now that you just didn't know. If they get far enough into the thread, that is.

Edit: F in typietypie.

Edited by LeeVanSpliff
  • Like 1