Sign in to follow this  
MG9207

Char' restart & campers....

Just a minute ago i got taken under fire at Vvybor military base.
As i knew there whas someone up the hill behind the jailhouse i whas eagl eye'ing to see if i could spot someone.
By no chance did i spot anyone, so i decided to continue my way to Novo this time, but it didn't last long.

5m,s away from the jailhouse i heard a sound of getting meeled ?, then 3 4 shots ?!.
In panic i ran to a barrack as i turned and fire just a couple of shots to scare the other player.
As i got into the barrack i bandaged up, wated 5 seconds and logged off.

I logged back on and my character whas reset ? :/.
Are you f*cking serious ?....wel if it's this way it works i hope the s*cker didn't get the chance to loot me.

Vybor military base seems to have campers at all times.
There hasn't been one time i came out of there NOT getting shot at and dying.

And i usually get out of open places becuz i feel vunreable as hell.

Wel Day z have been a trip so far, Kos'ers, campers, and shady people
who are friendly the 1st 10 minutes then hunt you down the next 30 minutes still getting their ass done like beef

Anyhow i know there are people playing this game way longer then i do but when going to Vybor military base.
Make sure you have the perimeter around it checked and cleared before going to the barracks ;)

Edited by MG9207

Sounds like you tried to combat log. That doesnt work anymore. He propably killed your character when you logged out.

• Like 14

When you hit logout, your toon stays in game for 30s as an NPC that can be killed ;)

• Like 1

Make sure you have the perimeter around it checked and cleared before going to the barracks ;)

That doesn't apply to military buildings only. Its just a general rule. Always be aware of your surroundings. Do nothing blindly, always have a plan. And at best a plan B too.

As the others have said, you can't simply log out from the action. The game prevents it for a reason ( search for combat logging and you'll find the reason why ) If you get into a firefight, end it. Either by dying, winning, or sucessfully running away. Logging out is no option, as your opponents will find your quietly sitting character and simply give him a shot to the head before he dissapears.

• Like 1

That doesn't apply to military buildings only. Its just a general rule. Always be aware of your surroundings. Do nothing blindly, always have a plan. And at best a plan B too.

As the others have said, you can't simply log out from the action. The game prevents it for a reason ( search for combat logging and you'll find the reason why ) If you get into a firefight, end it. Either by dying, winning, or sucessfully running away. Logging out is no option, as your opponents will find your quietly sitting character and simply give him a shot to the head before he dissapears.

Oh okay i see. I'm fairly new to this game so Panic is still the number 1 thing to do when something is happening xD.

I whas just being mad as f*ck to see my wel geared char' being reset :/ i felt like i whas trolled hardcore

You got what you deserved for combat logging. Sounds like COD is better suited for you.

• Like 7

There is one server (cannot remember the name) that puts this really nicely: "Don´t be afraid to fight, they are just pixels, lose them bravely..."....I am always aware when we have a pinned down player if he is combat logging.....and if he is we go and take the kill....you should, as someone said, win, lose or get the hell out of there......

screw being brave - your first choice should always be to not die.  dying bravely is what boys think men do.

• Like 1

Dude you combat logged which IMO is worse then campers, kos, and well puts you in the group with shady people.

• Like 2

Dude you combat logged which IMO is worse then campers, kos, and well puts you in the group with shady people.

The only shady ppl are hackers.

Don't start calling ppl out because there trying to escape some jackass ass KOSer thats making the game worse than what it already fucking is. KOSers are the scum and disease of this game period. As long as KOS is rampant in this game NO form of survival mechanics used in this game will keep it from being nothing more than a generic shooter.

• Like 2

The only shady ppl are hackers.

Don't start calling ppl out because there trying to escape some jackass ass KOSer thats making the game worse than what it already fucking is. KOSers are the scum and disease of this game period. As long as KOS is rampant in this game NO form of survival mechanics used in this game will keep it from being nothing more than a generic shooter.

I disagree. KoS is part of the game and makes it what it is. I wouldn't enjoy the game as much if I had the freedom of knowing I could just run around and do my thing without the fear of getting shot.

Combat logging is however, giving up on the situation. Man up and either get in the firefight or make a run for it.

That simple.

• Like 4

I disagree. KoS is part of the game and makes it what it is. I wouldn't enjoy the game as much if I had the freedom of knowing I could just run around and do my thing without the fear of getting shot.

Combat logging is however, giving up on the situation. Man up and either get in the firefight or make a run for it.

That simple.

Naw man id rather deny you your kill and make you cry on the forums about it latter lol.

KOS MAY be apart of the game but its driving it down into the ground to shit period. You can justify it all you want but in the end what ppl wanted as a survival game will be nothing more than a frag fest free for all shooter.

Edited by Deathlove
  • Like 3

Naw man id rather deny you your kill and make you cry on the forums about it latter lol.

KOS MAY be apart of the game but its driving it down into the grown to shit period. You can justify it all you want but in the end what ppl wanted as a survival game will be nothing more than a frag fest free for all shooter.

Well what do you want then? DayZ will never be a coop game in a zombie apocalypse, KoS is actually the safest thing you do to keep yourself alive (and will aways be, as well as it is quite rewarding, people are loot piñatas and you trade 1 bullet for a whole gear). Unless you don't have a way to KoS, then you should try to steath and gtfo, if that fails, then you should be the best man on earth and friendly as fuck otherwise you are DEAD (yeah and good luck being friendly and make the stranger trust you).

That's a pretty effective way to roll, but I don't go like this personaly, I like to try to capture my victims or just steath pass those who I don't want to kill (most of the people). If they are in a group and I have a AKM+Drum mag, then I get psyched and do not rest untill they are all dead.

I like this, its pretty ruthless and a real challange. Harder zombies might force cooperation to an extent, but don't expect any miracle lol, this logic will not change.

I mean, if you face other players as an eviroment danger just like zombies, KoS makes all the sense and in the end and most of the people will care for their own lifes. And the big question, why risk yourself and try to talk to someone? Why do you trust strangers?

Also, combat logging is Cancer, learn to loose. Its not easy to hunt people you know.

Edited by Avant-Garde
  • Like 1

KoS does little to actually harm the game, it's a d*ck move, but it's also as someone else said in another thread a 'teacher' 

Being shot out of nowhere, repeatedly, you learn to be more careful. If you were shot it's because you did something wrong; you weren't careful enough.

Yesterday my 65+ish played hours Hardcore character was killed by a camp-Koser (.. sucked, but whatever: I had all the warning signs, I had scouted the area before entering the open and knew beforehand the doors had been opened to some of the surrounding buildings and that the door I was heading toward was closed but given it was a populated zone it could have been a trap.. and it was, opened the door and got shot from behind: well played! :P)... 

So I respawned and survived through a few towns; gathered some gear before taking the risky choice of hitting up a Airforce Base, low and behold as I'm trying to leave I get shot without warning leaving one of the buildings, didn't get angry; just hung my head and knew I should have been more careful; but I knew that before I was shot; I was being careless.

Respawn, ventured through a few more towns trying to get my bearings and took note that the doors to the major buildings were all opened as I went from place to place, was being more careful this time.. snuck up to the top of a building and spotted one man taking shots at someone else, situation awareness! .. slipped quietly out of town, kept quiet and well hidden moving around to another town and heard shots again as I peered around a corner - I was spotted by what seemed like two people roof-top sniping; so just crouched and kept behind the wall, carefully made my way out of town again. Few towns later I ran into two people asking if I'm friendly, we joined up, shared gear, ended up well armed again with plenty of supplies as we worked as a team covering each other through each following city and town. Still alive and well.

- Now why did we join up? Two people (husband and wife) and me a stranger.. because we cautiously got past the 'friendly' and basic conversations, and knew after a brief talk we weren't going to kill each other: but there were plenty of KOS'ers out there that would and working together would help our odds of survival. Nobody KoSing? Psh, what's the point? You go your way I go mine, can survive hunger thirst and the zombies all on my own thank you. 

Sure, actual banditry and such is much harder and a much more fun practice for all involved, but being killed suddenly is still nothing more than showing you made a mistake and it cost you the life of some pixels, just shows you (as we all do) have room for improvement.

Hacking is a obvious killer and the lowest of lows, there is no comparison and it's not any way of a show of skill or 'awesome' in any facet, it's just some wannabe who paid to ruin the game for others. 

Combat Logging is just meh, it sucks when someone escapes via this method and I'm glad your body sticks around for a bit. Knowing someone is looking for you / engaging you - you log out? Deserve to be fresh spawned and my only 'hope' for that is the body will eventually be made to stick around to be looted. 

I semi-wish Zombies couldn't do any harm to you while your logging out (just because they can pretty much pop out of nowhere without warning at times.) but gratefully I don't think I've ever died to a zombie while logging out. I want to suspect at least anytime I've logged out in a populated area it was just a player finding me out of odd luck. 

Edited by AzrailCross

Who's crying? I don't KoS or combat log. I play as a survivor, I never kill without reason. I'll stalk you like a pray,

The game is kind of taking itself to the ground being alpha and having this huge player base. Too easy to survive and gear up for people to interact. I havent played very much for a reason. Once survival becomes a challenges, with sicknesses and way more zombie, we can have this conversation again.

Well what do you want then? DayZ will never be a coop game in a zombie apocalypse, KoS is actually the safest thing you do to keep yourself alive (and will aways be, as well as it is quite rewarding, people are loot piñatas and you trade 1 bullet for a whole gear). Unless you don't have a way to KoS, then you should try to steath and gtfo, if that fails, then you should be the best man on earth and friendly as fuck otherwise you are DEAD (yeah and good luck being friendly and make the stranger trust you).

That's a pretty effective way to roll, but I don't go like this personaly, I like to try to capture my victims or just steath pass those who I don't want to kill (most of the people). If they are in a group and I have a AKM+Drum mag, then I get psyched and do not rest untill they are all dead.

I like this, its pretty ruthless and a real challange. Harder zombies might force cooperation to an extent, but don't expect any miracle lol, this logic will not change.

I mean, if you face other players as an eviroment danger just like zombies, KoS makes all the sense and in the end and most of the people will care for their own lifes. And the big question, why risk yourself and try to talk to someone? Why do you trust strangers?

Again justifying KOS as a way to get rewarded should not be the case and to be honest most ppl are terrible at shooting and loose most of the gear from the other player they pump with holes anyways. So whats the logic in KOSING ppl when the risk outweighs the reward? Ppl are not killing for that anyways there all looking for some hidden killboard system that has yet to be put in the game.

The game is supposed to promote socialization to an extent. How the FUCK can the developers hope for any kind of socialization in this game in terms of trading goods and what not when everyone is so damn trigger happy and does not care about the gear players have or any respect for other players in general?

Again justifying KOS as a way to get rewarded should not be the case and to be honest most ppl are terrible at shooting and loose most of the gear from the other player they pump with holes anyways. So whats the logic in KOSING ppl when the risk outweighs the reward? Ppl are not killing for that anyways there all looking for some hidden killboard system that has yet to be put in the game.

The game is supposed to promote socialization to an extent. How the FUCK can the developers hope for any kind of socialization in this game in terms of trading goods and what not when everyone is so damn trigger happy and does not care about the gear players have or any respect for other players in general?

Socializing is not to be done at military bases. You're likely armed and in direct competition with other players that are there for loot.

While I agree that mindless KOSing hurts this game, it's still a part of the game that must be taken into account: especially at military compounds.

I can't recall asking for your opinion so keep them for yourself next time,

if they can't have any constructive crticism as; telling me what i actually did, why it went that way and that's a nono in Day z to do it....

I would actually had benefit anything from your comment, being not so....you're only assuming. 

Which tell me you're pretty shady yourself....to assume false things about other people. (y)

With this being said, i'll no further continue any communication whatsoever with you for the sake of the forum rules.

Edited by MG9207

You got what you deserved for combat logging. Sounds like COD is better suited for you.

Cool_Story_Bro,_Obama.png

Edited by MG9207
  • Like 1

Socializing is not to be done at military bases. You're likely armed and in direct competition with other players that are there for loot.

While I agree that mindless KOSing hurts this game, it's still a part of the game that must be taken into account: especially at military compounds.

Yeah this is a lesson i learned early and remembered well :P, ain't litterally nobody friendly at a military zone. 

So you expect players to run around unarmed or with shit weapons when fighting infected? I find some of the higher end weapons to be better in dealing with them over some of the lower grade guns. The only place you get get allot of the stuff INCLUDING civilian weapon magazines for allot of weapons is still at military. In .48 that is changing a bit but still a majority of the heavy firearms are still in those areas. My main opponent is the infected not players.

Dude, I just shoot when I know that it will be lethal. The risk outweights the reward if you are with a shitty weapon or if you are bad at shooting. Anyways, hidding still a better option then make friendly contact if you are bad at shooting.

Why is the reward argument not valid? You spend 1 single bullet and take home a full gear, I fail to see why this is not worthy. Many times I as a fresh-respawn-who-just-got-a-mosing-with-a-single-bullet got fully geared after KoS'ing some hardcore tacticool operator dude who just got way to confident with his m4 lol. No way in hell I would make contact with such guy.

The devs should give us a lot of tools for socialization like torture things, non-lethal weapons and a harsher enviroment that force cooperation to an extent, but that's all they can do really, the rest is up to how does one conceives surviving.

My main opponent is the infected not players.

Then you are doing it very wrong, I mean, NEVER a zombie will be a bigger threat then a human, just think about it. The zombies are like the animals, they are dumb and predictable, easy to avoid and easy to deal with if you know what you are doing. Now the humans are the ones who can and will do really nasty things to you. Unpredictable as fuck and you simply cannot trust them because there is a fight for resources and for survival happening in this chaotic scenario.

Edited by Avant-Garde
  • Like 1

Then you are doing it very wrong, I mean, NEVER a zombie will be a bigger threat then a human, just think about it. The zombies are like the animals, now the players are the ones who can and will do really nasty things to you. In every zombie apocalipse lore this is true.

Than your mind set is in the wrong kind of game in general. You should be playing something more suited to the taste of shooting nothing but humans than.

Than your mind set is in the wrong kind of game in general. You should be playing something more suited to the taste of shooting nothing but humans than.

Shit boy, I just tiped a lot of arguments and this is the best you got?

What, I should be a carebear then? I should play like you, then I'll be doing right? See, I don't even KoS but you makes me want to lol. I said it doesnt even fit my playstile, I'm talking about why KoS is such a common thing and makes total sense to be so common in the situation Chernarus is (chaos). Maybe you should go play some The Sims maine, L4D is a good call too...

Edited by Avant-Garde
  • Like 1