battlerhd

Random FPS Dips?

Just wanted to know if anyone else was getting this? My FPS is fine at around 50-60 and then it dips to 20ish for a few seconds randomly, I don't need to be near a city It happens anywhere. (Its not my PC) <--- I'm running a MSI TwinFrozr GTX 770, I can run this game maxed out fine, stays around 40 but i choose to play on high just to get more FPS. The dips are not bad just noticlble. Anyone else?

**Did not mean to put it on suggestions, sorry

Edited by iBattleVet

I don't need to be near a city It happens anywhere. I'm running a MSI TwinFrozr GTX 770 I can run this game maxed out fine, stays around 40 but i choose to play on high just to get more FPS.

Maxed out at avg 40 fps?!?!?

How is that even possible on this early alpha buggy dayz?!?!

You are lucky mate, i got desktop with gtx 660 i5 Ivy bridge 8gigs ram ddr3 and set it only on high setting to only got 15-20 fps avg. Resolution 1920x1080

Not sure though which of these wrong : is it my rig not performing(other games maxed beside dayz though like bf3 and bf4),or

My dayz is faulty, or simply everyone get this too???

The game is one gigantic FPS dip for me. Especially since .47 came out.

It get worse on 0.47,indeed, dayz was like dips every second now like all the time not just city too,at first i didn't even realize it's fps dipping, but apparently it dips everytime,

But the good news is, while i was playing on latest experimental servers, shockingly the game didn't even stutter, it didn't dips anymore i think, even in town!

Everything is just much more responsive,the hotkey,the actions,the inventory clicking bug,even jumping is.immediately done now!

It's like there's no delay in terms of control,clicks and the frame rate performance too, much improved

I'm sure you will immediately notice it, when you play on 0.48 servers

zombies still the same though,unresponsive, delayed zombies movement.

You should just be patience my friend.

I'm glad, it's not just me who feel bad performance in dayz now

Edited by arvinzd

It seems like performance and quality goes down with every update (shadows are sharper and laggier, clouds are flatter and laggier, stars are pointy and laggy...)

The game is far from optimized, has a shitty engine, still runs at directx9 and if im not mistaken it can only use 1 of your processors cores.
So it's more or less impossible to get a stable FPS in this game atm, no matter how good your computer are.
I have a Windforce GTX780, 8gb ram and a i5 3570K (clocked to 4,3 ghz) and when i run in to citys or smaller towns like Cernaya Polana with medium settings and the most settings disabled in "rendering" im around 20-40 fps.
Im curious, have Boheima mentioned anything about how far away a fix for all this is?
I heard some talk about a new graphic engine within the coming months, is this correct?

I have the same issue, especially in the wild I have perfectly smooth FPS, but in every 10-15 seconds I get a couple seconds of drop in FPS. And it does get quite annoying after a while, like a dripping faucet..

-malloc=system does seem to help a lot, at least in smaller towns. Though whenever I try to edit Steam command line, I get a pretty much black main menu screen, if not else, when exiting the game.

I've got the exact same card and I've got the exact same problem.