Sign in to follow this  
DesertSage

Hacker or weird glitch?

I was recently in Svetlo. and looted the police station. I was so lucky, I found an MP5 and a MP5 magazine right next to each other! I was pretty stoked and ran away quickly as possible and hid for a quick sec. I then perused to loot the three story apartments in front of the church. While I started eating in the top floor of the apartment parallel of the church entrance I heard a gunshot from the police station and noticed my MP5 was gone. I searched all the floors three times and even the surrounding buildings. So I made my way back and got into a confrontation with some guy who shot at me right when I passed and ended up smoking him. When I searched his gear he had my MP5 with the same mag and all. I looted it quickly and ran up North. Once I passed the train depot area the MP5 was gonna from my inventory again. 

Maybe it respawned back at the station but I didn't want to take chances going back cause I heard voices as leaving. 

For TL;DR: MP5 Left Inventory > Killed Man > Found MP5 > Ran away > MP5 Left Inventory again

UPDATE: I'm sure it wasn't a rubber band because rubber bands usually take effect after a few seconds. This was over like a ten - fifteen minute period it happened.

Edited by DesertSage

1. What did you "Smoke" him with without your MP5?

2. Probably a desync issue. A documented problem with the server-client architecture of ArmA's engine is that the client and the server often argue over what's happening. The server says something, and the client says something (with a few milliseconds of delay) and the server either says, "I agree" (if both messages are the same) or "I disagree, and I'm the server, fuck you" and, after a few more milliseconds, the client gets the message that it's wrong and has to do whatever the server said. This leads to rubber banding and actions being undone; the server "Wins" the argument but not until sometime after the argument starts.

• Like 1

I was recently in Svetlo. and looted the police station. I was so lucky, I found an MP5 and a MP5 magazine right next to each other! I was pretty stoked and ran away quickly as possible and hid for a quick sec. I then perused to loot the three story apartments in front of the church. While I started eating in the top floor of the apartment parallel of the church entrance I heard a gunshot from the police station and noticed my MP5 was gone. I searched all the floors three times and even the surrounding buildings. So I made my way back and got into a confrontation with some guy who shot at me right when I passed and ended up smoking him. When I searched his gear he had my MP5 with the same mag and all. I looted it quickly and ran up North. Once I passed the train depot area the MP5 was gonna from my inventory again. 

Maybe it respawned back at the station but I didn't want to take chances going back cause I heard voices as leaving. 

For TL;DR: MP5 Left Inventory > Killed Man > Found MP5 > Ran away > MP5 Left Inventory again

I exp this issue before as well on stable.

Had something similar happen with an ammo box. Sucks balls when you need to reload trying to massacre a horde of zombies and magically all your ammo  has gone.

1. What did you "Smoke" him with without your MP5?

I had an SKS as a primary and MP5 was in my taloon backpack.

SKS vs MP5? As long as you didn't miss, sucks to be the other guy. Good thing you didn't desync during the fight!

Edited by Applejaxc
  • Like 1

SKS vs MP5? As long as you didn't miss, sucks to be the other guy. Good thing you didn't desync during the figh

Well he shot at me first (using a double barrel) and I pretended like I had no ammo in my SKS but setup around the corner behind a truck and shot him. I checked his gear and found my MP5.

Well he shot at me first (using a double barrel) and I pretended like I had no ammo in my SKS but setup around the corner behind a truck and shot him. I checked his gear and found my MP5.

I don't mean to derail your thread, but that reminds me of a funny story. I've only played DZ once in the last month, and that was to test the new weapon throwing mechanics. I had an FN45 and my melee weapon. I was sneaking through one of the towns I haven't learned the name of yet when some asshole shot at me. I ducked around a corner and mic'd, "C'mon man, all I've got is this axe. I'll drop it if you promise not to shoot me." He (lying, I assume) agreed, so I threw my axe around the corner into the street, where he picked it up. "I'm unarmed now. Can I please leave?"

"Sure, but stay there for a second." I saw him pull out handcuffs. As soon as he turned the corner, I gave him two in the chest and took my fire axe back. It was fun.

And then I got killed by a sliding zombie that was in its "Death" animation.

• Like 2

I don't mean to derail your thread, but that reminds me of a funny story. I've only played DZ once in the last month, and that was to test the new weapon throwing mechanics. I had an FN45 and my melee weapon. I was sneaking through one of the towns I haven't learned the name of yet when some asshole shot at me. I ducked around a corner and mic'd, "C'mon man, all I've got is this axe. I'll drop it if you promise not to shoot me." He (lying, I assume) agreed, so I threw my axe around the corner into the street, where he picked it up. "I'm unarmed now. Can I please leave?"

"Sure, but stay there for a second." I saw him pull out handcuffs. As soon as he turned the corner, I gave him two in the chest and took my fire axe back. It was fun.

And then I got killed by a sliding zombie that was in its "Death" animation.

omg thats beautiful. I wanna pull of some sneaky stuff like that.

Coolest i've done is whilst looting Balota barracks with my friend we heard some hopper log in and immediately took some cover in a barrack. We heard his shuffling so we shuffled too and made sure to make noise so he wont come out. I ran out around the back of my barrack and went to the one left of it. I searched the windows and saw him. M4, Ttsko, Gas mask, and helmet. I fired 10 rounds into the window and killed him. Never saw it coming.

Getting killed with the MP5 is like getting killed with the fish in TF2

• Like 1

omg thats beautiful. I wanna pull of some sneaky stuff like that.

Coolest i've done is whilst looting Balota barracks with my friend we heard some hopper log in and immediately took some cover in a barrack. We heard his shuffling so we shuffled too and made sure to make noise so he wont come out. I ran out around the back of my barrack and went to the one left of it. I searched the windows and saw him. M4, Ttsko, Gas mask, and helmet. I fired 10 rounds into the window and killed him. Never saw it coming.

If you don't mind 5FPS on all low settings, I fought off 2 people as a fresh spawn. Here I haven't recorded anything as funny as killing the hand cuffer.

It could be shady or it could be DayZ being DayZ.  I have that issue some times with pistols specifically.  Some times if you take an item, say straight into your hands, without putting it into your inventory first then when you drop it, it will go back to where you picked it up.

There's other weird things that happen similarly.  If you took it straight into your backpack I don't think that should have happened but I dunno.

There are hacks to make people put their guns away, and there used to be hacks to take people's items.  I'm fairly certain taking items was actually fixed though.

Also, are people in this thread implying the mp5 is not very good?  I find it to be a pretty decent gun, it shoots very fast and is pretty accurate now.  The damage isn't super but the rate of fire makes up for it.

By the report provided it might be either a hacker or a bug. Can't tell.

And there was no relog involved when the gun disappeared? There's a known issue with backpacks being sorted by the game on login, which has cost me some items of more than one slot before (a few patches back).

Anyhow, it's probably not it, but it's the only issue I know of that might have caused this.

And there was no relog involved when the gun disappeared? There's a known issue with backpacks being sorted by the game on login, which has cost me some items of more than one slot before (a few patches back).

Anyhow, it's probably not it, but it's the only issue I know of that might have caused this.

No relog. Just looting buildings and eating in between.

It was most certainly Brian Hicks. :P

• Like 1

UPDATE: I'm sure it wasn't a rubber band because rubber bands usually take effect after a few seconds. This was over like a ten - fifteen minute period it happened.

I witnessed this many times with a friend of mine:

He would pick something up.

On my computer the item would still be where he found it -> if I pick it up it is gone from his inventory and is in mine.

• Like 1

Damn Applejaxc, I think you might want to slow down with your posts, 4,566 posts means you have way too much free time on your hands. Either that or you're one of those "I know it all" kinda of guys. And that video, well...not exactly entertaining. 

Could be hax. I have seen scriptkiddies taking guns from people.

Yes, i heard of this before.

I witnessed this many times with a friend of mine:

He would pick something up.

On my computer the item would still be where he found it -> if I pick it up it is gone from his inventory and is in mine.

Hmmm interesting. Same problem as me it seems but the guy wasn't my friend haha.

Edited by DesertSage