archamedes

Well, people did ask for more zombies

In numerous patches of the mod you spawned with no weapon and no unarmed melee... Wasn't a game breaker then. Just added another stage to the survivor life cycle.

It's both amusing and disappointing how little effort some people are willing to put into adapting to changes. Instead they whine and demand that the developers cater to their exact gameplay desires.

Anyone ever think that maybe they pushed this bugged melee system to stable to test ammo scarcity?

I hope they did, i hope that even rifles becomes more scarce so you acctualy need to use fist,axe,crafted bow to defend yourself, today everyone runs around with m4s, akms, and sks (i must add they still suck at shooting) :) i tend to play more hardcore this early access game, i dont use big backpacks, i use bolt action rifles, crafted backpack, somethimes even without sticks, i carry only one rice, one water bottle so i acctualy need to search in next town, i am really hoping that in beta version everyone needs to play this way! 

Edit: Also, try to go little bit north, south-west, plenty of loot, i get geared in 10 mins after 30mins of runing just when i reach first town that wasnt looted last few days, because everyone stays in Berezino and complaining about unbalanced loot 

Edited by serb8

Step in the right direction but biggest number iv seen in this thread is 8.....more....then more again lol....

KHqLEj1.jpg

Step in the right direction but biggest number iv seen in this thread is 8.....more....then more again lol....

this enough zombies for you?

Edited by archamedes
  • Like 1

this enough zombies for you?

Now that's what im talking about.....Devs give....NOW! :P

More zombies would not bother me if they just would stop respawning and the ability to properly kill the with meele

I dont know whys everyone so bothered with zombies and the fact that hiting a zombie now is a bigger problem, seems to me that for most of the people complaining about them would be better just without zombies, then they can continue they pvp in Berezino. Anyone ever tryed to hit a zombie with an axe in real life? Didnt think so... For me hitting a zombie right now in dayz is a chalange, its not hard to figure it out, dont get so close to zombie like you want to kiss him, 1m away, swing like you would in real life (i know whats coming) and bam, zombie down. Its easy

Are u on stable or experimental?

Stable .46 was exactly as you described, pretty much most melee weapons were 1-2 hit kills to the head , now .47 you can stand still careful aim at the head and no hits will register at all, even the 1st person view doesnt work anymore. Dodging them them doesnt work as they hit you even when not facing you. This happened in previous updates and it gets fixed, just when is the question.

i played with the axe tonight, figured out how it works differently, and adapted. I wouldnt go so far as calling it bugged, or broken, just different.

i played with the axe tonight, figured out how it works differently, and adapted. I wouldnt go so far as calling it bugged, or broken, just different.

Well people want simplicity and Bohemia has never been able to give that.  I personally have zero issues will killing the infected.  I'm also not a moron who shoots at everything that moves then complains about getting killed by the hordes that have been attracted by firing of my weapons.

Edited by Caboose187

I just started playing right before the patch,and having payed my 30 bucks I feel iam entitled to my two cents.The game for a new spawn before the patch was playable u have the clothes on your back and a flashlight and a pretty good chance to avoid zeds,but now as soon as u spawn in u have about a min to find a weapon and some kind of protection before u r beat to a pulp by 2 or more zombies try to out run them they run as fast as u and try to hide from them and they come thru the walls and beat u up even if u r upstairs and they r down stairs.Unless this is fixed to give new spawns a chance I recommend changing the name of the game to Boxing with Zombies

Anyone ever think that maybe they pushed this bugged melee system to stable to test ammo scarcity?

Has nothing to do with how much ammo you have or can get. The issue is that the instant you spawn you have zombies on you. You bleed twice, bandage twice using your shirt and then get attacked again, and again, and again. Three friends, same story every time they spawned which for that night was almost 10 times each before they gave up.

I like a challenge but I really don't want to spend my evening respawning over and over.

I know it's alpha and I know it will be completely different in a few months let alone when it finally is released. I still love the game and I'm just voicing my opinion on the current state.

Has nothing to do with how much ammo you have or can get. The issue is that the instant you spawn you have zombies on you. You bleed twice, bandage twice using your shirt and then get attacked again, and again, and again. Three friends, same story every time they spawned which for that night was almost 10 times each before they gave up.

I like a challenge but I really don't want to spend my evening respawning over and over.

I know it's alpha and I know it will be completely different in a few months let alone when it finally is released. I still love the game and I'm just voicing my opinion on the current state.

When I first started playing the mod early in 2013, the average lifespan was about 15 minutes. You spawned without a weapon or a makarov (I can't remember) and you would get ravaged by zombies over and over. At this point, there were no melee weapons so until you found another gun, you were lucky if you spawned in with 8 bullets to fend off the undead.

The zombies being broken is a shitty way to increase the difficulty, but get used to it and try to adapt. Eventually (fingers crossed) the zombies will be so numerous that spawning over and over again until you get somewhat geared will be the norm.

IMO, dying over and over again is better than running around hour after hour with impunity because the zombies are 0 threat.

Bring on more zombies I say, but not before we have a decent stealth mechanic. The way it worked in the mod was decent enough, but obviously much easier due to the HUD elements telling you how visible you are. Havent played stable in a while, but in experimental zeds 20m away dont seem to spot you at night, so theres definitely work going on in that respect, its just a matter of time til a real system is implemented. Im pretty sure zeds spotting you alone from 900m away is an intended feature of the full game, thats just where things are now.

I look forward to a time when I can turn a corner in a city and be faced with 15 zeds in the street and have no other option but to run...even with the melee broken, taking on three at once with an axe is childs play.

The zombie mechanics blow right now.  Instantly respawning, reaggroing zombies that still glitch like crazy mixed with shit melee mechanics isn't fun or challenging, it's just arbitrarily annoying.

Bring on more zombies I say, but not before we have a decent stealth mechanic. The way it worked in the mod was decent enough, but obviously much easier due to the HUD elements telling you how visible you are.

Standalone wont be getting a hud for immersion reasons & to be fair the sound and visibility icons were only useful for about 5 minutes because when you learned how they worked you literally found that walking while crouched and on the grass meant you were quiet and hard to see. Running while on the road indicated you were loud and proud

I can remember that I was shocked twice in my whole life sitting on the computer and playing:

Doom III - the mirror scene

EverQuest II - the first Halloween zombie on screen in my house

DayZ is only scary (increasing your heartbeat when you have spent hours in equipping your character) when other PLAYERS are around. Imho, the amount of zombies does not contribute to the atmosphere at all. They are just a background excuse why the society has fallen apart and humans are fighting each other ^^

It would be better if there was more zombies and way longer respawn times, and that the zombies wouldn't respawn if there was someone in that area.

Then secondly, the aggro radius and distraction. The throw mechanic is useless, but I think it will be useful when you can throw flares and random objects to distract zombies.

I understand they haven't done anything with the aggro radius yet though, so I think they already got a plan for it, probably for beta

When I first started playing the mod early in 2013, the average lifespan was about 15 minutes. You spawned without a weapon or a makarov (I can't remember) and you would get ravaged by zombies over and over. At this point, there were no melee weapons so until you found another gun, you were lucky if you spawned in with 8 bullets to fend off the undead.

The zombies being broken is a shitty way to increase the difficulty, but get used to it and try to adapt. Eventually (fingers crossed) the zombies will be so numerous that spawning over and over again until you get somewhat geared will be the norm.

IMO, dying over and over again is better than running around hour after hour with impunity because the zombies are 0 threat.

Like I said, I don't mind a challenge. But perhaps a better solution would be to spawn players where there aren't zombies to jump on you the instant you respawn. Right now it's like playing a flight sim that starts you off flying straight at the ground at 300 km/hour with about 1km to try to pull out of it. =P

Yesterday I thought that for the first time I could just ignore a zombie me and my friend had on us. We heard the screams but were wondering where the hell the zombie was. Looking through the window of a nearby house we saw that it was in there, in a room with the door closed.

It couldn't get to us, so we just thought, screw it, and left.

Well no... We went maybe 30 meters and suddenly it was behind us. *slow clap* The Houdini of zombies...