Sign in to follow this  
Zed's Dead

Stuck inside a wall question

My character fell onto the 1rst floor of one of the office (some call it school) buildings and is stuck in a very small room or wall that is next to the pantry room with all the food.

I have read about the "vault" trick where you go up against the wall, hit the vault button while standing, and exit before animation is finished.

However, in this small room or wall, my character will only do the vault animation at all if I'm in the center of this very small room.  It will not try to vault at all if I go up against the wall completely so I don't know how to get unstuck.

Does anyone else know if the room is too small, then there is no way to vault across after exiting?   Or is it ok to try the vault animation even if I'm in the center of the wall, not up against it?

Edited by Zed's Dead

I just read about the method of pulling out axe while running into wall and then putting it back. Does this method still work?

The basic rule of thumb when stuck in a wall and trying to get out on your own is to just do everything, press yourself against the wall and put your weapon away, pull it out, crouch, prone, stand, walk forward, sprint forward, turn around and try a different part of the wall and try vault before you reach it, try to put your weapon away in a way it makes you keep running into the wall, put the weapon away and duck back down still jogging forward.. pretty much it's random, it may let you out, or you may need to try a different part of the wall, sometimes it's quick and easy, sometimes it's hours before your lucky enough to find that perfect method ;3 at least in my experience.

Edit: 

Also this if all else fails ;/

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/191410-dayz-support-stuck-characters/

Edited by AzrailCross

You could say that your attempts to get out, leave you.....wait for the pun.....little longer......STUCK.

Edited by Jfiles

For most of these problems, especially if I am stuck underground, I always prone, roll and sprint while prone. Also logging in and out could pop you out eventually too.

A method that has worked for me in the past would be running at the wall full sprint. Log out but never release that "w" key while in the process of logging out.

Edited by RagedDrew
  • Like 1

Walk into a corner that you hope to escape through and run > prone > roll > stand > repeat.

Mainly used for the police station glitch but I imagine that it's worth a try at least.

Edited by Mos1ey

Log out against the wall. While loading in Sprint and jump into wall or something i dont remember. worked for me

• Like 1

Log out against the wall. While loading in Sprint and jump into wall or something i dont remember. worked for me

if you are in the room i am thinking you are then you should get the option for climbing the ladder at some point. Do that and it will spawn u outside on the ladder ^^

had the same issue when i was fighting zombies with my axe - they just pushed me in and tried to starve me to death... these basterds!

Edited by robophant

if you are in the room i am thinking you are then you should get the option for climbing the ladder at some point. Do that and it will spawn u outside on the ladder ^^

had the same issue when i was fighting zombies with my axe - they just pushed me in and tried to starve me to death... these basterds!

And here we though that it will be the players that will lock zombies in buildings.

And here we though that it will be the players that will lock zombies in buildings.

I would if the NavMesh worked.

I was stuck in that room for almost 2 days a few weeks ago. Nothing worked except laying down on the ground and rolling toward the outside wall.

It worked, thanks everyone!!!

It was easiest to just go prone and roll, it worked within 1 minute.

Appreciate it, guys.

• Like 1

Navmesh works but maybe not in all buildings. i have succesfully lock a Zed in the metal grange with stair