Sign in to follow this  
QUAZIMOFO

Player reset on major patches

This would get rid of all the hacked mags, duped M4A1's, and the like.

You're kinda right, but it would piss off very many players

like the ones who try to survive as long as possible...

Player reset on major patches

This would get rid of all the hacked mags, duped M4A1's, and the like.

What a stupid Idea, It would lead to more hacking, server hopping, banditry and more stupid shit than you can shake a stick at. And it might also cause a good number of folks to abandon the game. If you want to be heard think of something worthwhile. I have been playing standalone since it came out almost 800 hours worth and hackers and bottomless mags have never influenced my game in any significant way.      

Rule#1 dont get attached to your gear. Would a player wipe REALLY impact you that bad? I'm just tired of these cheating wankers in the game I thought this would be a simple solution to deal with it. Sure we would ALL get wiped but so what? Half the fun for me is regearing.

EDIT: and ps, I have almost 1000 hours in the game.

Edited by QUAZIMOFO
  • Like 1

Rule#1 dont get attached to your gear. Would a player wipe REALLY impact you that bad? I'm just tired of these cheating wankers in the game I thought this would be a simple solution to deal with it. Sure we would ALL get wiped but so what? Half the fun for me is regearing.

EDIT: and ps, I have almost 1000 hours in the game.

The problem with those hack using wankers is that even after all characters and gear are wiped they will still have the ability to take a shit on the new landscape quickly and with new. and harder to get rid of hacks. . 

And agree half the fun is regearing. When you have nothing except a machete, a kids backpack  and a few sodas you are free to have a blast and get crazy. And I don't like the idea of players having persistent secret caches and bases that they can run to, to gear up instantly after they get killed. the whole point of the game is survival not playing dress up and obsessing over gear. 

Too bad they can't come up with a systems that plants a tall non removable glow in the dark red dunce cap on anyone that has a  piece of hacked gear in his/her inventory.

• Like 1

The problem with those hack using wankers is that even after all characters and gear are wiped they will still have the ability to take a shit on the new landscape quickly and with new. and harder to get rid of hacks. .

And agree half the fun is regearing. When you have nothing except a machete, a kids backpack and a few sodas you are free to have a blast and get crazy. And I don't like the idea of players having persistent secret caches and bases that they can run to, to gear up instantly after they get killed. the whole point of the game is survival not playing dress up and obsessing over gear.

Too bad they can't come up with a systems that plants a tall non removable glow in the dark red dunce cap on anyone that has a piece of hacked gear in his/her inventory.

Oh the GTA bad player lobbies. But seriously what if you should accidentally pick up hacked gear? What if you only play 1pp servers and so you haven't got a clue you picked up hacked gear unless someone tells you?

Granted I know most hacked gear is obvious (bottomless mags and such) but what if you found a hacked can of beans (unlimited beans lol) and because you're already healthy you haves eaten it yet an found out it's hacked.

Also from most of what I've seen these guys can just hack in new gear on the fly so a wipe just punishes us not hackers