Blitzy

Warped to Debug Area: 'Wilderness'

After losing connection from the server, I relogged to find my character stuck in DayZ's 'Wilderness' debug area: stranded on an open field with a bunch of dummy PMC models.

I had no choice but to delete that character and start anew. The first two characters continued to spawn at the area (this time with no gear at all), though I have now managed to restart a character back on New Chernarus.

Date/Time: 26/04/2012 (roughly 08:30AM GMT)

Where you were: Northern Grocery store in Elektro.

What you were doing: Looting food when I began to lose connection (No message received...).

Same thing happened to me last night.

Just in case it happens in future head 2km East and you'll find Kamenka. If you dont have a compass keep the ocean on your right side and follow it till the road.

Date/Time: April 26, 2012 8:50am

What happened: Connected to server, waited about 15 minutes for server response. Spawned at debug field.

Where you were: Unknown

What you were doing: Waiting for server to start.

Current installed version: I tried 1.4.20 and 1.4.17. None of these versions seem to work properly? Server version is currently at 1.4.17.

Server(s): US1, US2, US3.

Timeline of events before/after error:

8:00am - Installed v1.4.20

8:10am - Joined US1 server

8:10am - Waited for server to respond

8:20am - Connected to server successfully, ended up at debug field with other players.

8:22am - Disconnected and joined other servers. Same issue.

8:30am - Disconnected from game.

8:32am - Installed and replaced v1.4.20 with v1.4.17.

8:35am - Joined US1, same issues. Joined US2, US3. All the same.

Worked fine (1.4.23) earlier today, now I'm getting the "wilderness" spawn too no matter what server I join. Restarted game, same thing.

2012-04-26_00004.jpg

Anyone have any news on this? I'm getting this on every server, and having logged out with my friends last night I'm obviously no longer with them. They've had the problem too.

Anyone have any news on this? I'm getting this on every server' date=' and having logged out with my friends last night I'm obviously no longer with them. They've had the problem too.

[/quote']

The only solution it to suck it up and do the 2km walk east or hit the respawn and lose all your items.

I am a new player and this is were i have spawned to start the game. Run 2km east? looks like i have to learn the hard way.

This has been happening on every server I've tried to join for two days now. This morning I thought I would try again, ended up spawning in the wilderness with absolutely no gear, no pistol, nothing... in total darkness. I can't even tell which way is "east" and my food and water icons are both flashing red so I probably wouldn't make it 2KM anyway.

No one has found a fix for this yet or the reason why some are affected and others are not?

It's working for me now. I don't know if my "Wilderness" character finally starved/dehydrated to death or what but this last time I tried to join a server it at least put me on a beach with a pistol and some beans!

I was also warped to the Debug area earlier. I shot a guy and then I saw the "Requesting Character Data From Server" Screen, after that, it just spawned me in the ocean next to the debug island. I think the Survivor-to-Bandit transition is still buggy - as the same thing happened to this guy as he turned into a bandit: http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=278.

I should also mention that ALL my files are up to date and was when this happened.

So the story begins...

I killed 2 bandits and after fewsec i killed 2 their friends(there were not bandtis). after i killed thouse surivals my screen became black and character loading or someting like that poped out. so i went afk for about ~10 min(toile, kitchen and some other shit) and after i came back my screen was still black with thouse letters. so i presse esc->abort->continue and than i spawn in the midle of water...

Can i atleast get NV back ? :D

my name is: Abdel Rahman

First time playing the game.

I spawned in this "Debug area" and followed someones advice and headed east. I eventually made it into a town, and found some gear. I am however still experiencing the following problems:

No HUD

No Sound

Apparently no body/invisible (First person shows my pistol. Third person shows nothing at all)

I found a gun and equipped it however my body is not casting a shadow, but the pistol is

I'm still leaving faint footprints in the road

I hope this info helps in finding out what the problem is.

Can you see your body in third person?

If so, then you have the WRONG dayz main file (dayz.pbo).

If you are stuck on "waiting for server response" it means your client has created your character, but that character is probably null because you don't have the updated file. Hence when the server tries to authenticate a null player it cannot - and it cannot even tell you that you don't exist because it can't find you.

Visit the site and download dayz 1.2.2, and try and join other servers.

Can you see your body in third person?

If so' date=' then you have the WRONG dayz main file (dayz.pbo).

If you are stuck on "waiting for server response" it means your client has created your character, but that character is probably null because you don't have the updated file. Hence when the server tries to authenticate a null player it cannot - and it cannot even tell you that you don't exist because it can't find you.

Visit the site and download dayz 1.2.2, and try and join other servers.

[/quote']

I checked all of my DayZ files after this happened and they were up to date.. perhaps it's some of the servers themselves that don't have the right version of the code? I say this because you can, or was, atleast yesterday (1.5.2), able to use thirdperson on the FR servers, even though I had the latest code. I checked the DE servers today to see if my character had reverted and I could still use thirdperson.

I've played a few lives of this mod, it worked fine. Now I spawned a new character and got in the debug area. I walked east for a long time and I found the first village. I can see zombies in the village but they won't kill me for some reason. I don't have any items at all. Pressing esc->respawn just respawns me in the wilderness. What do I do? My mod files are up to date since I played fine this morning. I don't have any walking sounds either, and I'm pretty sure players can't see me eitehr.

I had this issue and to be honest it was fun.

I looted peoples backpacks and was able to take stuff and kill them.

Please update dayz_v1.2.2.rar

I can still see your characters, this means that file is outdated, as the new file makes initial characters invisible. You cannot join any server if this file is out of date.

Please update dayz_v1.2.2.rar

I can still see your characters' date=' this means that file is outdated, as the new file makes initial characters invisible. You cannot join any server if this file is out of date.

[/quote']

My files are up to date, I can join servers just fine. I just redownloaded and checked, the downloaded files are the exact same file size (in bytes) as the files in the addons folder.

edit: the problem might have fixed itself after joining another server, not sure yet, I'll update this post later.

edit 2: yes it's fixed. And it had nothing to do with outdated files...

I got a likely problem.

I played a while without problem and then I suddenly got a "Requesting charakter data from server" screen. I heard myself moving, I could switch to prone, but I had a black screen with that message on it. I logged off and later my mate found my body laying on the ground, but still alive. I was not connected by that time. He shot the body and the log says "jokernthief was killed".

My last position was ZUB castle.

Today I tried to log in to look if I maybe spawn at ZUB again. But I spawned in the "wilderness". But it is a lot more wet as the other described it... ^^

I swim in the sea, in a distance over about 1000 m from the coast. Plenty of PMC puppies around me, no items. Got this issue for the 2nd time. Last time I needed several tries to respawn correctly. I died, my sight went to the sky, but no "You are dead" screen appeared.

I tried to connect with 3 servers up to now (DE2, DE3 and EU1). The same problem on all of them... now I will try to respawn and I hope it won't happen again. It is pretty annoying to get a black screen while playing... :/

Having a similiar problem here.

Was at NEA, took out 2 regulars (no judgement here, I suppose), screen goes black, the character data thingie pops up and nothing happens.

My mate, Basti, tells me the server just crashed.

Not only was this midst a firefight where I was unsure whether I took out both my opponents but also highly malfunctioning.

I log out, re-log in and find myself in the sea bobbing along others who are presumably unable to move.

The debug screen displays 2 murders which is why I assume I warped into a bandit, now, however, the server keeps saving the wrong data and keeps spawning me in the debug area/sea.

I don't want to "respawn" to find all my gear lost (despite, that I believe this is the only way to get me playing again besides swimming and walking).

Help, anyone?:-/

My IGN is the same as my name in these forums, fyi.

Date/Time: 5/5/2012

What happened: Warping/Debug Area malfunction

Where you were: North East Airfield

What you were doing: Warping into a Bandit while the server crashed

*Current installed version: 1.5.4

*Server(s) you were on: DE3

*Your system specs:

Phenom 2 X4 840

GTX 470

Windows 7 32-bit

4GB Ram 1333 Corsair

*Timeline of events before/after error:

Open fire at 2 regulars on top of control tower

Warp

Server crash

Server switch

Spawn in Sea/Debug area

This happened to me so what I did was just waited a day to play then when I got back on I waited to die from starvation. Then respawned with everything back to normal :D

This happened to me so what I did was just waited a day to play then when I got back on I waited to die from starvation. Then respawned with everything back to normal :D

This is what I have to do to get out of the waiting for server screen now?!