Super_Duty

Experimental Branch: 0.48 Discussion

It's funny to read the debate on loot cycling/server hopping going on over the last few pages. This can all be solved with one simple add; anything can spawn anywhere. Come on, just try it, once. We're not at the beginning of this epidemic, there is no reason to believe that everything in the world should be in order. I want to find an AKM mag on a table in a house. I want to find an M4 leaning on a bench at a camp site. I want to find a pile of grenades on the top of castle. I want to find an FNX on the dead zombie I just killed. I want to find different things in different places each and every time I play the game. If you can't predict what loot will spawn and where it will spawn, both problems go away.

then what is the point of mil bases?

suddenly the new high value loot areas become all the big cities cause they have the most spawns to search through for gear.

the loot cycling and server hopping will continue they will just change the setting from mil bases to cherno and other big cities

Severograd will be in "central" Chernarus, per a tweet from Senchi. Not the north. The two towns being added in the next EXP update will be northwest of the NWAF.

The location I was speaking of is in Central, just north central, a bunch of streets are already there.  I am still researching it but I believe there is a mock up map of it available somewhere

suddenly the new high value loot areas become all the big cities cause they have the most spawns to search through for gear.

the loot cycling and server hopping will continue they will just change the setting from mil bases to cherno and other big cities

That sounds pretty natural to me.

Server hopping will always occur, that I can agree with, because there will always be reverse server hoppers. This is what I call those that hop to find people to kill. In the end though, server hopping isn't all that bad if it's not taking something away from legitimate players. Anything anywhere gives all players the chance to find something cool, as their first find or their last. As for where hoppers hop, anyone can log in at any time and anywhere, whether they are hopping or not so it really doesn't matter where it occurs. Once again, having a larger number of logins occur in a big city, sounds natural to me.

Edited by JubeiDOK

I hope the update brings improvised grenades (duct tape + flare + sparycan or butan) :)

Edited by Sharplooter
  • Like 2

Server hopping will always occur, that I can agree with, because there will always be reverse server hoppers. This is what I call those that hop to find people to kill. In the end though, server hopping isn't all that bad if it's not taking something away from legitimate players. Anything anywhere gives all players the chance to find something cool, as their first find or their last. As for where hoppers hop, anyone can log in at any time and anywhere, whether they are hopping or not so it really doesn't matter where it occurs. Once again, having a larger number of logins occur in a big city, sounds natural to me.

I wouldn't put to much thought into that actually.

My friends and I will simply choose some private hive once they've been established and stick to solo server hives. ( if thats gonna be possible at all )

Servers are coming up ATT.  Can't get in, version mismatch.

Z

• Like 1

Meh, I find hopping to be a huge waste of time, when I did hop there was a much larger chance of getting killed or making an encounter I didn't want to make.  Plus, I almost never got what I was looking for anyway.  SO, I quit doing it.  I just stick to 2 servers on 1st and 3rd person.  This also helps me remember where I cache stuff too.  If I was a hopper I'd never remember where I put stuff, as it is I can barely keep it straight between what I stashed on 1st and 3rd person servers.  It's a bitch being over 50.

Servers are coming up ATT.  Can't get in, version mismatch.

Z

I am hoping the update I am downloading ATM is the right one.

Well, it wasn't, boo fricking hoo dammit.

Edited by Barnabus

Oh god need changelog!

check any official site with changelogs and you have it.

Also I keep hopping that the persistence will be pushed to stable tomorrow...

Edited by basinox

Well, all the servers are empty, so nobody has got an update yet.  I don't have to feel speshull... :D

Z

It should be about percentage, but I also agree that anything should spawn anywhere.

New patch is on? Or gonna be on? 

gonna be looks like, still waiting for update, every time I go in I see the exp servers with no one on them and get bad version when I try to enter

Come on Steam, be the engine that could

Edited by Barnabus

New patch is on? Or gonna be on? 

It's nearly midnight in Prague, and nobody got the right download.

Z

Topic cleaned..

If you two want to snuggle up together feel free to do so but not in this bed Topic.

Thank you.

It should be about percentage, but I also agree that anything should spawn anywhere.

I would be in agreement if certain areas had a higher chance of certain gear but u always had a low % of random chance.

I hope when they do ultra rare items that they are random spawn anywhere on the map

• Like 1

Incoming update on steam

633.5MB 

Edited by RTMiata

i have been using 3 green mountain backpacks for my extra stuff because i was unable to find tent after last patch and they have been there for days.

Wow. Hoarder. "No beans for you"

was able to join....seems to be another character wipe...first impression: invisible flash light and battery in my pants.  <_<

Finally...633.5MB update. :)  It pays to do homework first.

Are you sure you were looking at the flashlight? Sorry, couldn't resist!

was able to join....seems to be another character wipe...first impression: invisible flash light and battery in my pants.  <_<

first impression: invisible flash light and battery in my pants.  <_<

That's not new, just drop yer pants and put em back on.

• Like 2