Sign in to follow this  
The MILN

The Most Dangerous Game

I decide to get on day z on my server to go look for the AK101, since I lost mine last night in a firefight. I spawn in about 2 minutes away from the military base south of the NWAF, and  find a server hopper going through it (The server had restarted before I got on.) once I got to the outer wall.  I go into the base and start trailing him. He went through 2 buildings, both times I sat on the sides of said buildings, just waiting to get a good shoot with my mp5k (only thing I had, only had 2 mags). He finally decides to go melee a zombie that was following him as well. I didn't shoot him while he was dealing with the zombie. Once he put away his splitting axe, I got a good burst of 9mm into his upper back/neck area. He drops, starts cussing me out (as usual) and I then proceed to off him.  Didn't get to see your name kid, but thanks for giving my friend who got on during this hunt all your gear.

I've tried being a hero at first. I've saved a few people by giving them food, water, blood/saline transfusions. I've even saved a couple bambis from bandit firing squads. But after trying to help people multiple times and they'd just pull out a pistol and shoot me in the back (or bash my skull in with a melee weapon) I kinda just said f--k it, I'm done.

I'm a bandit now. (Well, a little bit of both bandit and hero, depending on the situation at hand and my mood)

Edited by The MILN
  • Like 1

So? I don't care. People who visit the NWAF in the first place are looking for a fight, imho. I haven't been there since November.

Oh, and you are a server hopper AND a bandit? Way to go dude. Oh and bandits rob stuff, you are just a murderer. :)

Edited by EvilTigerAce

I decide to hop on my server to go look for the AK101, since I lost mine last night in a firefight. I spawn in about 2 minutes away from the military base south of the NWAF, and  find a server hopper going through it (The server had restarted before I got on.) once I got to the outer wall.  I go into the base and start trailing him. He went through 2 buildings, both times I sat on the sides of said buildings, just waiting to get a good shoot with my mp5k (only thing I had, only had 2 mags). He finally decides to go melee a zombie that was following him as well. I didn't shoot him while he was dealing with the zombie. Once he put away his splitting axe, I got a good burst of 9mm into his upper back/neck area. He drops, starts cussing me out (as usual) and I then proceed to off him.  Didn't get to see your name kid, but thanks for giving my friend who got on during this hunt all your gear.

I've tried being a hero at first. I've saved a few people by giving them food, water, blood/saline transfusions. I've even saved a couple bambis from bandit firing squads. But after trying to help people multiple times and they'd just pull out a pistol and shoot me in the back (or bash my skull in with a melee weapon) I kinda just said f--k it, I'm done.

I'm a bandit now. (Well, a little bit of both bandit and hero, depending on the situation at hand and my mood)

:lol:  You're not a "bandit". Bandits rob people. KoSers just shoot and never really talk. Bambies, heroes, bandits and plain killers are different. No matter what the reasons are for you to "change" your play style, it's just excuses really.

Have fun!

• Like 2

So logging on to my own server (for the first time playing at all today) makes me a server hopper? Hmm, don't understand that one..

• Like 1

So logging on to my own server (for the first time playing at all today) makes me a server hopper? Hmm, don't understand that one..

I misunderstood 'I decide to hop on my server'

• Like 1

Bandits are careful.

They spot their "victims" before they can see them.

Then they hold them up, handcuff/whatever, rob them and only take what they need (take their pants) and maybe even give something back (rotten fruits anyone?)

Then they leave.

You're a "bandit".

You waited for your victim to even put their melee-weapon away, and then you just killed him.

:D

You could have moved up to him, tell him to stand still, drop his backpack/handcuff him, force-feed rotten fruit, etc.

But not, just shot him from behind.

I personally don't hate server-hoppers.

DayZ is not an easy game and it can take veeery long to get the item you want.

Some people don't have the time for this (job, family,...) and server-hopping is a good solution, IMO.

(and some just can't wait or don't have the patience. But those are not a big problem killing-wise, since a big part of them are CoD-kiddos, who either snipe very badly or just spray'n pray)

Server-hoppers don't put me in any danger, they don't narrow my fun in this game in any way.

To everybody his own.

Edited by irishroy

I misunderstood 'I decide to hop on my server'

My apologies then? Changed it to  "Get on Day Z on my server". Didn't think a person would jump my $h-t so quickly over  a small detail.

My apologies then? Changed it to  "Get on Day Z on my server". Didn't think a person would jump my $h-t so quickly over  a small detail.

No apologies needed. It was my fault. Lol.

Edited by EvilTigerAce

Bandits are careful.

They spot their "victims" before they can see them.

Then they hold them up, handcuff/whatever, rob them and only take what they need (take their pants) and maybe even give something back (rotten fruits anyone?)

Then they leave.

You're a "bandit".

You waited for your victim to even put their melee-weapon away, and then you just killed him.

:D

Yup! Some days it's kill anyone, others its be nice, give fresh spawns NON rotten food and send them on their way.

Yup! Some days it's kill anyone, others its be nice, give fresh spawns NON rotten food and send them on their way.

Ah so you are no real bandit then ^^

You have a good heart :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Ah so you are no real bandit then ^^

You have a good heart :thumbsup:

On occasion.

• Like 1

You could have moved up to him, tell him to stand still, drop his backpack/handcuff him, force-feed rotten fruit, etc.

But not, just shot him from behind.

I thought about it, and usually if I get the drop on someone it's what I do. Last few times I moved up to someone, guns get drawn and we both end up killing each other. Kinda awkward at times... We'll both be lying there unconscious, talking to one another like "Well, that was unexpected" lol

• Like 1

cool story ...now make me a sandwich 

Only if you buy me expensive drinks first.

• Like 1

We all start at the "nice to everyone" phase. then it moves to "shoot if they have a weapon drawn" Then only help rarely. Now we're all to the point where its "screw it, pew pew pew pew!"

• Like 1

We all start at the "nice to everyone" phase. then it moves to "shoot if they have a weapon drawn" Then only help rarely. Now we're all to the point where its "screw it, pew pew pew pew!"

that and taking people hostage... "Here... have a kiwi.."

It's safe to assume that everyone will KOS on a military base. So in my opinion it's the dudes fault for not being more aware of his surroundings anyway.

That being said, you can't be stupid if you're trying to help someone. Helping someone doesn't mean you should let your guard down. Understand that helping people is HARDER than not helping them by nature of the game. So if you're helping someone and you let them get their pistol out - it's your fault. If you're trying to help someone and they bash you with melee, it's even more your fault. ALso, not everyone wants help. Make sure they actually want your help first.

Oh and bandits rob stuff, you are just a murderer. :)

This. So much yes.

:beans:  :beans:  :beans:  :beans:  :beans:  :beans:  :beans:  :beans:  :beans:

All of them. Have them.

• Like 2

This basically sums up my experience.  In the DayZ Mod I was nice and tried to talk to people and died constantly.  When I started playing again on the Standalone I became a murderer.  I would give a bambi a Canteen, and food here or there.  Now I just go around killing people for the most part. The game can change you!  Also when you play with a group of 4-5 people, someone is bound to shoot the guy you're talking to.

yeah mine was strange started as "screw it pew pew pew" then "shoot if they have a weapon drawn" then join clan with a ROE that requires contact and only shoot if threatened, or if they fire at you or another player.... basically its a difficulty scale were before i shot everything now i play paladin and protect freshies. I don't hate or dislike KOS'ers you guys are my prey and without you i would become like you because of boredom. So OP thank you for acting like this just be aware that one day when you KOS someone you might get shot down a second later by someone like me.

This is a game about player generated content, we all have a place in it. Whether you are a KOS, Bandit, Bambi, Heroe, or Medic. Some play styles will get you killed more often then others and are much more difficult but those are the most rewarding in my mindset.

cool story bro. No really.

I feel the same way sometimes.

I don't ALWAYS KOS, but when I do, well, just read my sig.

• Like 1

yeah mine was strange started as "screw it pew pew pew" then "shoot if they have a weapon drawn" then join clan with a ROE that requires contact and only shoot if threatened, or if they fire at you or another player.... basically its a difficulty scale were before i shot everything now i play paladin and protect freshies. I don't hate or dislike KOS'ers you guys are my prey and without you i would become like you because of boredom. So OP thank you for acting like this just be aware that one day when you KOS someone you might get shot down a second later by someone like me.

This is a game about player generated content, we all have a place in it. Whether you are a KOS, Bandit, Bambi, Heroe, or Medic. Some play styles will get you killed more often then others and are much more difficult but those are the most rewarding in my mindset.

I try to be like you. I try to help people, but usually it ends up killing me. but your right, it is rewarding when you send a bambi on there merry way all patched up and ready to go.