Sign in to follow this  
barnabus

Dropped your pack and it's stuck in a tree?

Then chop the tree down for firewood. Get your pack back.

Yes it does work, Have happened to me on more than one occassion, the first two times chopping down a tree wasn't a possibility though as it wasn't implemented yet.

Nice, I lost count on how many backpacks and Mosins I gave up because of low branches ! 

Never happened since chopping is implemented.

Note to myself, don't drop axe under a tree...

Red

Nice, I lost count on how many backpacks and Mosins I gave up because of low branches ! 

Never happened since chopping is implemented.

Note to myself, don't drop axe under a tree...

Red

Don't keep your axe in the backpack either...

I chop down trees in towns and across roads for fun. I hate when they don't fall the direction I want though...

I chop down trees in towns and across roads for fun. I hate when they don't fall the direction I want though...

For me, they always fall to the side that I'm standing on.

Then chop the tree down for firewood. Get your pack back.

Yup this is how I got my buddies backpack back. He thought it would be a good idea to stash his backpack there while he scavenged Svetlo for me a backpack with loot. Turns out a tree is a good place to stash all sorts of gear so long as you have an axe. I leave scopes and pistols in them around big churches like ornaments for fresh spawns. Nobody ever searches for them though :D

ya it's lame! ive had it happen to me a few times, pants too....and im over here with no pants trying to chop this tree down, don't ask me why I took my pants off in a tree! I try not to take anything off near trees anymore.

bump

You dont even really need to chop it down, when it first happend to me i just waited untill i could pick it up again :P depends what situation you are in

Doesn't always work. Painted an m4 stock and it decided to drop to the ground, ended up with the most inaccurate rifle ever.