jhedward97

what is dayz stand alone!?

hello i was wondering if the day z standalone is the same thing as the mod? is it a hole different game or is just the mod!?

Standalone is the much stable dayz, and in time it will develop in to a solid great game.

mod is just a mod of arma game, you need to have arma game before you can play mod,

Its a better looking game but it has, very little content (other then interactions with others) compared to the mod Atm 

• Like 2

The standalone is the $30 DayZ you buy on steam, based on the mod. It was made into a game to allow for a lot more possibilities that couldn't happen in a mod.

• Like 1

hello i was wondering if the day z standalone is the same thing as the mod? is it a hole different game or is just the mod!?

If someone didn't say it clear enough...

DayZ Standalone is its own game.

The mod is a mod of Arma 2 and is something complete different.

• Like 1

The Standalone, you may call it a home to many people on the forums here, or you may call it a casual gaming experience.

It's the retail version that's based on the mod which gained massive popularity over time in 2012. The developers most likely saw a lot of potential and features that could be made in an entirely new version of it on a different engine to cater to the ones who already love the mod.

For myself, I have played it only several times and I liked the concept of it overall and I believe it may be one of the better games that I have than the mod in my gaming library. I haven't touched it in awhile due to limited features but I have high hopes for it. At this rate, the Standalone version is probably best played for the interactive experience with improved graphics. Take note that this game is not finished and is not the final product so results may vary.

• Like 1

DayZ Mod is a modification of the game 'Arma2: Combined Operations'.

DayZ Standalone is a game in its own right, currently early in development.

To those who had their posts hidden: Do not troll the New Player forum. People come here for information, not to hear you editorialize.

If you don't want to answer a new player/user's question, stay out of the question topic.