Sign in to follow this  
tootights (DayZ)

m4/5.56 nato

Please consider bring back the m4. I think it should be rare, but it's silly to think they wouldnt' be ANYWHERE and ammo wouldnt' be ANYWHERE. 

I've got an m4 on my hardcore character that I got my killing a bandit, and I've rarely used it because I can't find any ammo.

wouldn't my character have a great time in search of the elusive, hard to find, 5.56 rounds or various m4 attachments and parts?

I think it would be a great element in the game if there were some 5.56 out there as well as various parts and attachments, and very few complete guns spawning.

The engineering team who created the 'black rifle' must have angered the gods of versatility and moderation, because even in the depths of a random survival game, there seems to always be people that dislike passionately them passionately.  It's really unfortunate that silly opinions dilute the fact that these m4 are just tools and they do exist and a lot of people like them. Its ok to not like something, but I think maybe it's kind of childish to simply remove the item.

Edited by tootights

Please consider bring back the m4. I think it should be rare, but it's silly to think they wouldnt' be ANYWHERE and ammo wouldnt' be ANYWHERE. 

I've got an m4 on my hardcore character that I got my killing a bandit, and I've rarely used it because I can't find any ammo.

wouldn't my character have a great time in search of the elusive, hard to find, 5.56 rounds or various m4 attachments and parts?

I think it would be a great element in the game if there were some 5.56 out there as well as various parts and attachments, and very few complete guns spawning.

The engineering team who created the 'black rifle' must have angered the gods of versatility and moderation, because even in the depths of a random survival game, there seems to always be people that dislike passionately them passionately.  It's really unfortunate that silly opinions dilute the fact that these m4 are just tools and they do exist and a lot of people like them. Its ok to not like something, but I think maybe it's kind of childish to simply remove the item.

I think you'll soon get your ammo for the M4 since they already have (in experimental) the AK-101 which fires 5.56 NATO. Also they have not removed the M4 from the game but since it (and its attachments) only spawns at helicrash sites which are currently disabled for some reason, may it be intentional or a bug I do not know, there are none to be found.

EDIT: Disabling helicrash sites is intentional.

Edited by Klemingway

I have an m4 fully loaded with 3 full 60 round clips. 1 empty. Bessy shall never be stolen from me.. Unless my hands are cold and I am outa ammo

• Like 1

Its supposed to spawn at helicopter crash sites and with the addition of the AK-101 you will probably find more 5.56mm rounds. The weapon makes sense if you consider the background setting and should not be removed.

Overall compared to the AK-101 the M4 should (in my opinion):

- deal slightly less damage (shorter barrel)

- be about as accurate (speaking of random dispersion)

- be easier to handle (its shorter and lighter -> higher turn rate and less sway)

- fire faster (~12-15 rounds per second)

- have slightly more recoil (its lighter)

- be harder to find (helicopter crash sites)

Overall compared to the AK-101 the M4 should (in my opinion):

- deal slightly less damage (shorter barrel)

- be about as accurate (speaking of random dispersion)

- be easier to handle (its shorter and lighter -> higher turn rate and less sway)

- fire faster (~12-15 rounds per second)

- have slightly more recoil (its lighter)

- be harder to find (helicopter crash sites)

Have you tried it yourself or have you deducted this from real life?

What I would assume at this point is that they will most likely just copy+paste the values from the M4 to the 101, atleast that is what they did with the pistols 'cause apparently FNX, CR75 and M1911 (both of them) have exactly the same damage, spread etc.

Thats how it should be if there is some orientation on the real life values. I am playing on stable so I did not manage to test the AK-101 yet. However, its seems like the parameters are more or less copied from the AKM at this point (from experimental videos).

I am not sure about the pistols but I think weapons in general might need some rebalancing at some point.

That new bolt action rifle was supposed to be 5.56 and would have made the round more viable and common but then the devs screwed up and made it 7.62x39.

I wouldn't say they screwed up - the weapon is available in both calibers. There might be design reasons to make it 7.62x39mm instead of 5.56x45mm. Maybe they want the latter to be more of a military round and the CZ 527 more of a civilian (hunting) rifle.

I have an m4 fully loaded with 3 full 60 round clips. 1 empty. Bessy shall never be stolen from me.. Unless my hands are cold and I am outa ammo

yeah, mine is fully moded, too. I don't play the character much because the possibility of losing it! I wonder how many people still have them?

I wouldn't say they screwed up - the weapon is available in both calibers. There might be design reasons to make it 7.62x39mm instead of 5.56x45mm. Maybe they want the latter to be more of a military round and the CZ 527 more of a civilian (hunting) rifle.

"Screw up" is rather crude. How about "overlooked". And if the rifle is not in game what it is IRL then its an overlook and should be corrected. Otherwise, why make the metaphor if its innacurate?

No it's not

Well that is how I interpreted what eugenharton said. Since they are "redoing the tech" they disabled the old system.

"Screw up" is rather crude. How about "overlooked". And if the rifle is not in game what it is IRL then its an overlook and should be corrected. Otherwise, why make the metaphor if its innacurate?

But it IS available in 5.56x45mm.

That's not "overlooked", it's just "you aren't going to be finding as much ammo for a short while until they bring back the crashsites"

But it IS available in 5.56x45mm.

That's not "overlooked", it's just "you aren't going to be finding as much ammo for a short while until they bring back the crashsites"

Oh, I get it. Thanks :)