Should zombies fear fire?

Should zombies fear fire?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Should zombies fear fire?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't care
    • Only when they start to burn

Do zombies feel pain? I think this answers your question. AKA no. Why would they fear fire. Zombies shouldn't fear anything, so to speak.

it should attract them.

Also, this. If you are going by the lore concept of them being attracted to heat, anyways. Some lore would state that they want a warm meal. IMO they would just chomp stuff down to the bone, warm flesh or not. There would be less zombies and more skeletons around. The only zombies around would be the humans who got infected and escaped.

Edited by bonesnap

This is DayZ not DayV
v stands for vampires,and only they're afraid of fire ;-; anyways,it would be cool :P

Yeah, as others have said, I want it to attract them.

Zombies need to eventually have a gradient of aggro, vice just being an on/off switch.

- Loitering. What you see pre-aggro, they're just stumbling about doing whatever.

- Alerted. They sense a stimulus, but are unsure of what it is. They gradually begin migrating in the area of that stimulus (i.e. distant fire, distant gunshot, distant explosion, distant visible player, etc.)

- Aggro. They have full awareness of where their target is and will home in on it at full speed so long as line of sight and/or audibility can be maintained.

Then, if line of sight is broken, they travel back down the ladder. First entering into an alerted state, investigating the area around the last point of contact with their target. Then, after a certain period without finding anything, they enter back into their default loiter mode.

The AI behind the cops in GTA IV/V is a great general framework for how I'd like to see zombies approached.

Some of them should be migratory as well.

Edited by Katana67