FrostyKush

[Tutorial] How to play DayZ Mod with 1.63 of steam (DayZ Commander and Dayz Launcher)

That's perfectly normal, let those files download and then run each arma 2 and OA through steam once to perform the first time setups. After that either use dayz commander as usual or follow the instructions for dayz launcher in the OP. If you still have trouble let me know.

That's perfectly normal, let those files download and then run each arma 2 and OA through steam once to perform the first time setups. After that either use dayz commander as usual or follow the instructions for dayz launcher in the OP. If you still have trouble let me know.

i am having this problem : when i go to the dayz commander and go to install/updates and some stuff when i press install they give me a triangle next to it with errors ! i already did a post about that but not answer they tolled me to come here 

and they old way that you toled me to do there is no download option there is  only close !

Edited by lockedbeast

and when i play i go to server and wait for it to load and when it does i cant see anything i only can see the server waiting picture but when i move i hear my self moving ! help me 

Ah ok that is an issue with the server you were playing on, contact the admin and have him implement the fix from epochmod.com.

Ah ok that is an issue with the server you were playing on, contact the admin and have him implement the fix from epochmod.com.

and for the other problem its working slowly today i could download 2 and for the thing that u said its from the server its happening ! with all but when i remove full screen it works but not really happy about it :(

I've done everything you told me to do at the start. Verify both Arma 2 and Arma 2 OA, I then go into DayZ commander, click on a server and I get to the wait for host page and it brings me straight back to the main menu? Everything seems to be up to date? :(

What server specifically are you trying to join, I'll give you the launch parameters for that server.

Hey, I was wondering how to fix my file directories with the launcher. I was using my laptop and your directions worked perfectly. But on my desktop, I don't use my main HD (program files) as my steam directory. I've been trying to play around with it and move some of the files around but no luck yet. Also when I use the DayZ Launcher and manually try to create the path, the .exe file for neither Arma2 or OA even show up in their respective folders. So I tried to manually type in "arma2.exe" and "ArmA2OA.exe" but it doesn't recognize that it's been downloaded. Any idea how to fix this? Thanks.

In the top right there's the settings option, under that the paths will come up. http://i.imgur.com/biVji4F.png this is what it should look like but with your new paths obviously. Mods folder going to your OA directory is probably the best, If you still have trouble after that let me know.

In the top right there's the settings option, under that the paths will come up. http://i.imgur.com/biVji4F.png this is what it should look like but with your new paths obviously. Mods folder going to your OA directory is probably the best, If you still have trouble after that let me know.

Thanks, worked like a charm.

This tutorial is wrong since DayZ Mod should be downloaded via Steam:

The story is always the same:

Go to Steam, download and install ArmA 2 and ArmA 2 OA. Play each game at least once (it will setup the license keys).

Go to Steam, download and install "arma 2: dayz mod" game, it's free if you have both ArmA games.

If you have already installed dayzmod via Steam, check the local game content of this game (right click with your mouse on the game > Properties > Local files > Verify integrity), Steam will automatically detect corrupted files and fix them.You can check also the integrity of both Arma2 games.

Don't use Dayz launcher and Dayz commander yet. Don't tweak any parameters via Steam UI.

Launch Dayzmod, connect to a vanilla dayz mod server: on the multiplayer screen (server list) you should find "dayzmod" in the mission name, and "1.8.2" in the server name

If you can play vanilla dayzmod, but you want to play other mods of dayzmod, you can use dayzlauncher/dayzcommander, but these tools have issues. Contact the vendor of the tool or the vendor of the mod for any help.

Hey there,

I have not played Dayz for a very long time and do not remember how to install files and play the mod. I installed Arma and ArmaOA. I then downloaded Dayz Commander. Then I verified intergrity on Arma's through steam under properties. I then ran both games, everything seemed fine. 

I go into Dayz Commander to install Dayz and everything is grayed out. Dayz Commander does not recognize that I have verified the Arma's already. When I verify the Arma's through Dayz Commander, nothing happens. It continues to say verify Arma and ArmaOA. 

Anyone know how to fix this? 

Thanks for the help, greatly appreciated. 

Hi any ideas how to manually install Epoch mod? 

My DayZ Launcher is downloading with speed about 40b/s (yes not kb), and I'm downloading torrent file from Epoch site.

But I don't know how to install it

Once it's downloaded through there it will launch it automatically when you go to join those servers.

• Like 1

No problem man, glad to help. 1.63 and the fall of DayZ Commander was a disaster for the mod, so many players weren't able to play anymore all of a sudden. Wish this was made a sticky so people didn't miss it.