FrostyKush

[Tutorial] How to play DayZ Mod with 1.63 of steam (DayZ Commander and Dayz Launcher)

Updating to Arma version 125548

1. For people who have not added their copy of arma 2 OA to steam yet follow the instructions here http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?179732-Arma-2-Operation-Arrowhead-Update-1-63

2. Start Steam and right click Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead, go to properties then local files and then verify integrity of game cache.

3. Let this download the necessary files. Once it's complete start your game through steam and quit once you get to the main menu.

4. Some people may need to repeat this with Arma 2 as well. If you have issues after following the rest of this verify Arma 2's integrity as well.

Using DayZ Launcher

1. Download DayZ Launcher here http://dayzlauncher.com

2. Click Servers at the top and choose a server to play on.

3. It will prompt you to download the mods that server is running, select ok.

4. Allow the mods to download then join the same server for which you downloaded the mods (or one running the same mods)

Using DayZ Commander

1. After doing the Update to 125548 for Arma above just start DayZ Commander and use it as usual.

Note: Many servers are having trouble updating because they waited til the last minute and many more have shutdown entirely due to the chaos for server owners over the last month. If you are having trouble finding a server you used to play on it is most likely the server itself if you can join other servers and play fine. Also anyone has permission and is encouraged to repost this anywhere they see people are struggling and asking for help.

Edited by FrostyKush
  • Like 9

Working fine for me, you have my beans mate :)

And btw. is there any option to move my old profile? Becouse my profile has been reseted

Edited by Fatumboba

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do for that, its the switch from playerids to steamids. Your server admin may be able to update you to your old character in the database but that depends heavily on his knowledge of the server, sorry. Glad you were able to get in though, I see tons of people struggling on here to get into games since the update and figured instead of answering them one by one I would just write something up for everyone.

Anybody that has issues after following the guide here post them in this thread and I will update the original post with special instructions.

Hey,

since the new patch came out I can´t start Arma 2 OA anymore (Arma 2 works ) i had this issue for a longer time with steam, but I was always able to start the game with DayZ-Commander now neither of those options are working. Because its not working with steam for me I thought I would try the new option to Use Non-Steam Version ind Dayz-Commander but if I do that I cant select the new Patch that all the DayZ server are running on. Everytime I try to start Arma 2 OA i get the little box in the middle of my screen and then when the actual game opens it closes instantly.

I tryed everything to fix it ( repair, re-install etc.) I have no idea how to fix it at this point.

lG S3lf0wn3d

Hmm, that's an interesting one. How many files does it say are being redownloaded when you validate?

You should be verifying through steam not commander, also make sure you run the game once through steam before you try and join through commander.

So I've updated everything according to the directions on the top of this page, even started both games from steam before using comander and I still cant get into servers.

It keeps telling me "bad version server rejected" is this due to the server not being current?

Yes thats most likely the case, try joining a server running 125548 of arma.

well I got  everything up and running.  had to clear the chache from comander delete and re install ArmaOA then start over from the begining of the top thread.  Now I can finally get into most servers.

Alright excellent, glad you got it working. It was by no means straightforward for the average players so I've been tryin to help whoever I can.

Bumping this because I see a ton of people posting still. Any chance of a sticky?

Edited by FrostyKush

I am having trouble first I got the two games from amazon and played them with dayz commander and they were fine and then the new update and on dayz commander it says verify and I tried verifying it on steam still nothing dayz commander wont work and I switched them to steam and it always says 1 file found missing or something like that please help me with this I miss playing dayz and this is blocking it also everytime I join a dayz game it says battle eye client failed to update

Edited by Primelegend89

Any fix for "Failed to install Battleye"?

Yes the post directly above yours, just download and install it manually

could I get a help from my Arma II & Arma OA with the whole connection between the launchers and steam. From the Launchers, It asks to verify both Arma. I have done so within Steam through the process of verification but i recieve a pop-up regarding 1 file missing or some sort. My Arma updating drop down menu doesnt appear in either Dayz Launchers. Would anyone have a solution for this problem? Shall I reinstall both Arma once again? Thanks.

You will not be able to change version currently on the launchers because with 125548 is the only version that is supported by both.

The launcher (DayzCommander) indicates my Arma : 125548 (up to date) with the buttons next to it "verify Arma2" and "Verify Arma 2 OA". I am confused whether it is right or wrong. 

it opens through steam tho. thats all good? sorry i just reimaged my computer so the old Dayz i had was from last year i think so it was just different. 

Yes since the gamespy shutdown dayz mod opens through steam unfortunately and no problem, I want this thread to be as informative as possible to people having issues since so many people are struggling with the update.

Sorry to bump this again but the whole front page is people askin about this, can I get a sticky please?

hey when i do this with arma 2 operation they will say 2 file failed to validate and will be required 

this is happening  with arma 2 but one file failed ! 

help plz 

Edited by lockedbeast