xwhitemousex

How long does it take to get dry after exposure to rain?

As the topic says.. how long does it take to actually get dry again?

Also, is there any way to speed this up?

I was just running from building to building in a small town to minimize time in the rain, but still I got "soaking wet".

So I went into a building, made a fireplace and trying to get my character dried up again.

But it is taking forever (been sitting doing nothing for 15 minutes or something).

Does fire even help you dry faster?

Why does it take so long to get dry again, or am I doing something wrong?

As it is right now, due to the rain in the game, I feel like I am stuck in a house unable to play much. Optionally, run into rain and risk getting sick or whatever... which is pointless.

Whenever it rains, should I just go into a building and log off and hope the rain stops an hour later or something?

Feel like the game isn't even playable when it's raining... and yes, I have a raincoat too which I am using, but I still get "soaking wet" in a matter of minutes.

As the topic says.. how long does it take to actually get dry again?

Also, is there any way to speed this up?

I was just running from building to building in a small town to minimize time in the rain, but still I got "soaking wet".

So I went into a building, made a fireplace and trying to get my character dried up again.

But it is taking forever (been sitting doing nothing for 15 minutes or something).

Does fire even help you dry faster?

Why does it take so long to get dry again, or am I doing something wrong?

As it is right now, due to the rain in the game, I feel like I am stuck in a house unable to play much. Optionally, run into rain and risk getting sick or whatever... which is pointless.

Whenever it rains, should I just go into a building and log off and hope the rain stops an hour later or something?

Feel like the game isn't even playable when it's raining... and yes, I have a raincoat too which I am using, but I still get "soaking wet" in a matter of minutes.

Rain has no effect on neither you nor your gear. You won't get sick or damage anything, so go jump in some puddles  :)

Edited by blunce

Raincoats and hats will presumably have some useful mitigating effects by the time they introduce negative factors on your character from being exposed to weather, or else it'll be bollocks.

I'd have thought you'll be able to dry clothes by a fire in future? Maybe even find towels to dry yourself off with?

Edited by Pillock
  • Like 3

I'd have thought you'll be able to dry clothes by a fire in future? Maybe even find towels to dry yourself off with?

They could do it like you cook food. Like you can only leave it on for so long before it burns. Would be kinda cool.

Alright, didn't realize rain had no effect. Thanks for the quick replies on that.

However, why would they even implement the messages saying you are wet or soaked if it has no effect?

Kinda stupid to 'release' those messages before adding the penalties and methods to mitigate them as it only serves to confuse players. Pretty sure there's plenty others who aren't aware that there are no negative effects from the rain and then are running around trying to keep dry.

Oh well... since the game is in alpha and probably will be for another 2+ years I guess we'll have to deal with it.

Alright, didn't realize rain had no effect. Thanks for the quick replies on that.

However, why would they even implement the messages saying you are wet or soaked if it has no effect?

Kinda stupid to 'release' those messages before adding the penalties and methods to mitigate them as it only serves to confuse players. Pretty sure there's plenty others who aren't aware that there are no negative effects from the rain and then are running around trying to keep dry.

Oh well... since the game is in alpha and probably will be for another 2+ years I guess we'll have to deal with it.

Testing purposes  ;)

• Like 1

Pretty sure there's plenty others who aren't aware that there are no negative effects from the rain and then are running around trying to keep dry.

No, it was just you.

No, it was just you.

Rather ignorant to speak for every other DayZ player don't you think?

• Like 1

in the mod it took about a few mins to dry out wet clothes and to raise core temperature when you were freezing to death, you could also use heat packs as well which were loot, i'd say it will be the same kind of deal in SA eventually..

Rather ignorant to speak for every other DayZ player don't you think?

Yes.

• Like 1

I've noticed my character getting dull-screened while being 'soaked'. Maybe that's a new added status effect/exposure as there is nothing else wrong. I'm not thrirsty, hungry, bleeding, hurt, etc. Taking the clothes off and finding new ones doesn't seem to improve the situation either. Is there something I'm missing? I know we're alpha still so....advice?

If its raining the that normally means low level clouds, you're probably just experiencing the weather closing in dramatically dropping max view range.

Because at some point there will be an effect but right now only the "front end" (state and message) is implemented.

If its raining the that normally means low level clouds, you're probably just experiencing the weather closing in dramatically dropping max view range.

It's not raining or a coldfront approaching or any other weather condition I can imagine coming in. I've ran from the top of the mountain to the coastline and it degrades exponentially. It happened yesterday while I was playing, which eventually resulted in my character losing consciousness. The only status effect logged was 'soaked' regardless of what I did to remedy it (changing clothes, setting inside a building, etc) Maybe it's just a glitch idk at this point. I don't think it's a frame drop as my rig can run any game launched in the last 6 months on high resolution. Thanks for responding though. Still researching.